What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi EX Parry is USELESS!!!

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
EX Parry gives no health back. This kinda sucks because now EX Reflect/Parry is effectively useless. While the amount of health the EX Reflect gives you is already pretty bad at a measly 5% per EX Reflect, you can't even decide to EX Parry a string and cash out for a measly 15% for the EX Parry so it's a waste of bar.

"But, but Kotal doesn't get health back from his EX Parry what's the big deal ya jackass?!?"

When Kotal EX Parries, he gets 5 frames taken off his 7 frame parry leaving it at 2 frames while Kenshi gets fuck all. Also the fact of the matter is the point of EX Reflect/Parry is to get health back so if you spend a bar or 3 hoping to cash out on health and deal damage, weeelll fuck you basically.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Yeah, it should give health back, at least the same amount as the regular parry.

The only reason I find to use ex db+2 is to immediately be able to do a teleflurry after reflecting a projectile. Anyway, usually this is a waste of bar, unless for closing match purposes.

coconutshrimp

Why on earth are you using ex parry?
It's always been completely pointless
I don't know maybe to get health back in a near death situation. EX Reflect is pointless, but if EX Parry gave health back then it would be good so you can get health back while dealing damage. Be able to match health while putting in a momentum shift, at least that's how I see it.
I agree that it is pointless as I have NEVER used it in a match before, and especially now I probably won't until they give this move a good use.

omooba

fear the moobs
soooo lemme get this straight you're complaining about your normal parry being worse than regular parry? that's fine, makes sense, nrs is stupid for doing that. but then you dare bring in kotal kahn's parry into this. after they made your parry do what kotal'l parry does!?!?! unforgiveable

coconutshrimp

soooo lemme get this straight you're complaining about your normal parry being worse than regular parry? that's fine, makes sense, nrs is stupid for doing that. but then you dare bring in kotal kahn's parry into this. after they made your parry do what kotal'l parry does!?!?! unforgiveable
Doesn't quite do what kotal's parry does. When you parry, you get to immedietely hit them with your combo starter, say 114 EX Air grab for 40%. Kenshi has to cancel into another special like RK, fair cause Kotal doesn't have any launchers right? Okay well how come it's fair that you can get a damage buff on top of that 40% combo doing even more damage, while us Kenshi players are doing MAX around 33% 1 bar and we don't get to damage buff like you do, we can't use normals immedietly after a parry like you can, keep in mind like http://testyourmight.com/threads/kenshis-crappy-damage-scales-are-still-there.59024/ this thread says our launchers that we start our parry combos from have double scaling than intended cause someone at NRS dun goofed. So don't even be like "Your parry does what Kotal's does."

coconutshrimp

I'm pretty sure exparry only gives live back if you are absorbing projectiles not normals.
Yes it does, but what that means is it is a waste of bar to use it. imo if you spend a bar, what you get out of it should be worth it but since EX Parry gives you nothing it is a waste of bar.

Levaranoia

War God
Doesn't quite do what kotal's parry does. When you parry, you get to immedietely hit them with your combo starter, say 114 EX Air grab for 40%. Kenshi has to cancel into another special like RK, fair cause Kotal doesn't have any launchers right? Okay well how come it's fair that you can get a damage buff on top of that 40% combo doing even more damage, while us Kenshi players are doing MAX around 33% 1 bar and we don't get to damage buff like you do, we can't use normals immedietly after a parry like you can, keep in mind like http://testyourmight.com/threads/kenshis-crappy-damage-scales-are-still-there.59024/ this thread says our launchers that we start our parry combos from have double scaling than intended cause someone at NRS dun goofed. So don't even be like "Your parry does what Kotal's does."
Kenshi and kotal are completely different characters with completely different movesets. Like you said Kotal doesn't have a bunch of armored starters like Kenshi. Kotal is a footsie character who punishes you for mistakes. He doesnt have the options that Kenshi has.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Kenshi and kotal are completely different characters with completely different movesets. Like you said Kotal doesn't have a bunch of armored starters like Kenshi. Kotal is a footsie character who punishes you for mistakes. He doesnt have the options that Kenshi has.
A bunch? Also have you heard of War God?

Levaranoia

War God
You said Kotal had no armoured launchers. He does
You just need to shut up now. We were talking about the version of kotal with the PARRY. He was directly comparing kotal's parry to kenshi's. Why even pop in if you aren't gonna be adding anything relevant to the actual conversation. I use war god and I know he has an armored launcher but he doesnt have the parry in that version thus your point is irrelevant.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
You just need to shut up now. We were talking about the version of kotal with the PARRY. He was directly comparing kotal's parry to kenshi's. Why even pop in if you aren't gonna be adding anything relevant to the actual conversation. I use war god and I know he has an armored launcher but he doesnt have the parry in that version thus your point is irrelevant.
Chill out. So petty

coconutshrimp

He doesn't have an armored starter in Blood God sure, but what he does have is a 2 frame EX parry, that can lead to a parry sequence and lead to good damage + a good situation for Kotal. Plus your parry even parries Lows if I'm not mistaken while Kenshi's doesn't.

Levaranoia

War God
He doesn't have an armored starter in Blood God sure, but what he does have is a 2 frame EX parry, that can lead to a parry sequence and lead to good damage + a good situation for Kotal. Plus your parry even parries Lows if I'm not mistaken while Kenshi's doesn't.
He doesn't have one in sun god either but that's because he is a read and punish character. How else is he gonna open people up?

coconutshrimp

He doesn't have one in sun god either but that's because he is a read and punish character. How else is he gonna open people up?
Doesn't have armor in Sun God? Ummmmm EX Choke has armor. How is he gonna open people up? Command grabs, regular grabs, the totally playing footsies ji1. There are ways to open people up with Kotal.

Lokheit

Noob
To be honest none of the versions of the reflect working now as a parry convince me.

KK's parry puts you in super saiyan mode hitting like a truck so there is a clear reward, but Kenshi can only stop the hit for the cancel... but armoring has the same effect anyway and also the parry doesn't work and you get hit in too many armorable gaps so it's very situational.

Add to that the double damage scales still there for all variations (I think they can't remove them from a technical standpoint and that's why s4 is now 7 damage to compensate) and the gravity on Kenjutsu's launcher being like pre-beta or Balanced/Possesed 111 and f211 last hit still having the same damage penalty that you find on launchers and combo extenders... or Balanced specials untouched... and you see that while Kenshi had buffs, they fell short and he doesn't seem to be able to compete with the big boys even after the patch.

Levaranoia

War God
Doesn't have armor in Sun God? Ummmmm EX Choke has armor. How is he gonna open people up? Command grabs, regular grabs, the totally playing footsies ji1. There are ways to open people up with Kotal.
Ex choke isn't an armoured launcher. Yeah those things are all part of playing footsies with Kotal. If kotal makes a good read on a parry he should be able to punish you as it's a big risk to throw a parry out.

coconutshrimp

To be honest none of the versions of the reflect working now as a parry convince me.

KK's parry puts you in super saiyan mode hitting like a truck so there is a clear reward, but Kenshi can only stop the hit for the cancel... but armoring has the same effect anyway and also the parry doesn't work and you get hit in too many armorable gaps so it's very situational.
Couldn't have said it much better myself.