What's new

Breakthrough Kenshi - Cyrax Bomb Reflect Glitch - (the blind landmine)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
In my attempt to further break Kenshi, I present... how to reflect Cyrax's bombs.

Pig Of The Hut
Blackula
STORMS
REO
Check
TONY-T

Properties of "The Blind Landmine":
- Static. Huge blast radius, does not move with Kenshi
- Protects Kenshi's entire area, even vertically, for about 2 full seconds
- Leads to 29%-33% midscreen, 33%-40% in the corner
- Guarantees an unpunishable Rising Karma check with the right spacing (I think!)

- Works on every bomb, far, mid, and close
- Grants invincibility from any bomb blast infront, behind, or at your feet
- Works as the bomb explodes during reflect, or after

You'll see that this works as long as the bomb goes off during the active frames of reflecting a net, or if you walk through the blast zone within about half a second after reflecting a net, utilitizing the phantom forcefield.

Even if you are not able set the "blind landmine", the reflect frame grants you invincibility to the blast. If the landmine is set, you have time to use a special attack and basically not get punished for it because the entire are you're standing in is now a hazard zone. It seems Cyrax has no option in this scenario other than respect your next move or just get the hell away from you.

I've tested this against other unblockables like Hellfire, and it doesn't work (tested it in tag reflecting a projectile and then calling EX Hellfire assist). Also tried it against Smoke Bomb, and Cyber Sub's freeze bombs. This appears to be exclusive to Cyrax. I haven't tested it for Quan yet, but theoretically it could work.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
Krayzie has published an awesome counter to this glitch. Basically, if Cyrax reads that Kenshi will try to set a landmine, he can air grab/jump to cause the glitch to fail. This opens up an interesting meta game because if Kenshi uses an EX SC or EX Flurry to go through the net/bomb, and Cyrax's jumps, he'll get hit. And if he doesn't jump, and Kenshi reflects, he'll get the landmine. However if Cyrax guesses right on what Kenshi is doing, Kenshi will be launched into a combo.
If you can open up Cyrax to worrying about a landmine placement, he'll be eating armor whenever this happens. Until he respects the armor and you get the mine. So it's totally practical, but still dangerous if he's anticipating it to counter. Interesting stuff!

What Cyrax has to do here is commit to negating the glitch. But that depends on Kenshi going for it in the first place. If Cyrax has bombs on screen, and he throws a net, and then goes for another special to try to negate the glitch, he opens himself up to being jumped in on if Kenshi jumps over the original net. Or getting hit with armor. Both opponents get put into a very strange situation.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/cyrax-kenshi-bomb-reflect-fail-he-still-needs-it.26780/

AssassiN

Noob
Quick question, if Cyrax throws out mid bomb and Kenshi does this glitch.
Can Cyrax throw out another mid bomb immediately after said glitch?

How about a jumpkick + teleport?

Does this work with EX Buzzsaw?