What's new

Guide - Possessed Kenshi Complete Possessed Guide by Pig of The Hut

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
what is Teleport into the overhead punch for? how good is it and how does it get beat out or punished it i attack right after? @Pig Of The Hut

Mahjunia

Noob
Hello pig, great guides to be honest. Any ideas when you're going to upload the Balanced guide? Whilling to watch it. Thanks for your time to the community.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hello pig, great guides to be honest. Any ideas when you're going to upload the Balanced guide? Whilling to watch it. Thanks for your time to the community.
Balanced will be up tomorrow without question around 1-2pm est

Thank u

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Pig, how do you feel Possessed Kenshi does vs Shinnok? Boneshaper or Imposter.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Boneshaper Shinnok is one of if not the worst Kenshi MU overall. If you win as Kenshi vs BS Shinnok it means one of two things - either you're godlike or your opponent should pack it up.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
@Pig Of The Hut so i played a little bit kenshi in the lab. I actually really like possessed till now. The Combos aren´t that hard to pull off and you get nice damage. Also you have good (not superior) mix up + reset.

Would you recommend doing things like b3 demon beam for mix up or is it way too risky?

Pig Of The Hut

I think shinnok wreck every variation of Kenshi free

Not feeling it what so ever
Boneshaper Shinnok is one of if not the worst Kenshi MU overall. If you win as Kenshi vs BS Shinnok it means one of two things - either you're godlike or your opponent should pack it up.
QFT

@Pig Of The Hut so i played a little bit kenshi in the lab. I actually really like possessed till now. The Combos aren´t that hard to pull off and you get nice damage. Also you have good (not superior) mix up + reset.

Would you recommend doing things like b3 demon beam for mix up or is it way too risky?
I dont know the names

which one is demon beam , the teleport? B3 TELE is actually pretty good when you have established b3 oh and b3 low

Sneakatron

so sneaky
+1 for combo list in Youtube description.

I feel guilty for asking but your combos differ greatly from those I've seen posted elsewhere.

Please and thank you!

Nikita

Niksan
Find good option. F2~DB2 or F2~DB4B.
- Greats range F2.
- F2 mid.
- Startup 16.
- Almost safe.
- Mixup ender
- Launcher exDB4B
- Good footsie game
But
- Long recovery F2 (27 frames)
- Cancel in special only on block or hit
- Gap between F2 and special.

Pig Of The Hut

Find good option. F2~DB2 or F2~DB4B.
- Greats range F2.
- F2 mid.
- Startup 16.
- Almost safe.
- Mixup ender
- Launcher exDB4B
- Good footsie game
But
- Long recovery F2 (27 frames)
- Cancel in special only on block or hit
- Gap between F2 and special.
Wait what's the point of this post

lawgamer

Noob
I'm testing b4 anti-air vs different chars right now. It's debatable to say the least. Beats Cassie from most angles, looses to Kotal clean, beats Quan's j1 but not j2, etc. D2 works every time if you execute it early (not vs cross ups obviously).

TH_AjeTs

Noob
Can someone please explain to me the Kenshi nerfs that make him bad, up to the point that Pyg is dropping him? I just saw the "pig of the hut's daughter questions him about Kenshi"

Immortal

Blind justice....
Can someone please explain to me the Kenshi nerfs that make him bad, up to the point that Pyg is dropping him? I just saw the "pig of the hut's daughter questions him about Kenshi"
Long story short - he was nerfed before the game was released, he was actually a way better character in beta tests then in the final product. There is so many things wrong with Kenshi that it would take me a while to write it all.... again. You can just check one of many threads here about that.

In the end nobody goes to offline tourneys and main Kenshi, he cant compete. There is like Pig playing him in ESL mostly + few others for fun in USA and like me and few others in EU who actually still play the character but until (if) NRS fix him it's just a struggle at high level of play vs good characters / players.

TH_AjeTs

Noob
Long story short - he was nerfed before the game was released, he was actually a way better character in beta tests then in the final product. There is so many things wrong with Kenshi that it would take me a while to write it all.... again. You can just check one of many threads here about that.

In the end nobody goes to offline tourneys and main Kenshi, he cant compete. There is like Pig playing him in ESL mostly + few others for fun in USA and like me and few others in EU who actually still play the character but until (if) NRS fix him it's just a struggle at high level of play vs good characters / players.
Links pls, you've contributed 1,183 msgs...surely you don't expect me too go thru all of them. I really like the possessed variation. I would like to know if kenshi right now is different from the kenshi in the guide here. That way I can point out what his weaknesses are and how to manage them till NRS fix, i.e if they fix
Thanks.

Pig Of The Hut

Links pls, you've contributed 1,183 msgs...surely you don't expect me too go thru all of them. I really like the possessed variation. I would like to know if kenshi right now is different from the kenshi in the guide here. That way I can point out what his weaknesses are and how to manage them till NRS fix, i.e if they fix
Thanks.
Character is same as guide