What's new

Guide - Kenjutsu Kenshi Complete Kenjutsu Guide by Pig of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Be sure to watch Possessed guide as well because some things I skimmed over because they apply to all of Kenshi so I didnt want to repeat myself. Every variation guide I try to bring up more each video that applies to him universally

Here's my Kenjutsu Video Guide. Enjoy!

- Intro
- BNBs
- Kenshi Walk Speed, Run, Back Dash
- Standing 1
- Mid Screen d1 Reset (51-66%)
- Corner d1 Reset (60%-70%) (Based of @GGA pimpimjim Corner combo shown to me)
- Run Game
- Making DF1/EX DF1 safe and when how to do so
- D4 Game
- Spacing
- 311, f2, b2
- Reflect game
- Are you A Jedi Master?
- Hot Garbage B2
- How to Punish Kenshi
- Overall Concerns with DF1 EX, DB1, etc
- AA
- Why/When you should end w DB4 + BF3 and what to do after for oki
- Gender Specific Combo Options and why the whiff

@DarksydeDash
@Immortal
@Orochi
@CrimsonShadow
@Pan1cMode
@Insuperable
@Carmine
@Zabru
@lietomyface
@xInfra Deadx
@Ashenar
@tatterbug4

Attachments

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Good stuff, and I truly beileve if execution on this variation wasnt so high, and either db1 or df1 were good anti airs, this variation would be absolutely amazing
I agree but a character isn't determined good by how hard he is to play really.

I think his problem is his over head is too slow. And the 50/50's are punishable (without option select).
Meter reliance is a problem too.
Db1 being good aa sounds good too

Yet another good guide by pig

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I've been waiting for this guide since you announced the trio of them. Kenjustu Kenshi is how I wanted Mystic Ermac to play. Now to take this new info into the lab and try and get good.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Nice. I always felt this variation was just a bit meter hungry. I suppose possessed is too but he seems to build it back faster and certainly more safely.

tri-star***

Frequent user of characters with swords
I liked your stance on hitting 111 after db1, I thought I was just a bad player for not being able to hit it. I hit it 50% of the time on male characters but find it impossible to hit on female ones. But it looks awesome when I do imo haha great vid!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
@Pig Of The Hut with your permission may I add some of this tech as well as the video to the kenjutsu living guide thread? Also a huge gimmick I like to do is whiff. Punish with B1 after push because you can easily react to your opponent's swing. Again extremely gimmicky because as you already know the push is unsafe.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Variation is garbage. I never thought I'd play a variation where their mid screen combos are harder to pull off midscreen than Jax but this piece of shit takes the cake.

Those two characters single handedly broke my launch day PS4 controller.

RIP in pieces.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
So much so quickly, I'm only just starting to apply all the cool stuff from the possessed guide :)

Also I really like the way you don't act like these links are super easy just cause your a top player. Same with the possessed guide with the d1 reset after bf3 it's a 2 frame link and instead of brushing it of or saying "you'll get it with a bit of practice" you state that it's really hard. I like Kenjustu and sometimes when I'm on a roll I feels so great but after the damage nerf I can't see much merit in hard to pull of combos that don't do too much more damage.

The other option being vortex but that can be blocked (offline my friends can fussy it pretty well) and is so hard to execute if I wasn't practicing the link for hours before hand. You can use meter for a really quick OH which is nice but Kenjutsu loves it's meter a little too much a times.

Just what I think anyway, thanks for taking the time out of your life to put together these guides for us Pig.

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut with your permission may I add some of this tech as well as the video to the kenjutsu living guide thread? Also a huge gimmick I like to do is whiff. Punish with B1 after push because you can easily react to your opponent's swing. Again extremely gimmicky because as you already know the push is unsafe.
be my guest

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut , have plans to do an video like that with other chars ? PLS do it if possible
thanks for this 100% Kenshi guide .

\o
potentially other characters as well as i learn them

im in this period right now where it will be a while before i attend another major so i have a lot of time now on my side for stuff like this and it'll only better me as a player

Pig Of The Hut

So much so quickly, I'm only just starting to apply all the cool stuff from the possessed guide :)

Also I really like the way you don't act like these links are super easy just cause your a top player. Same with the possessed guide with the d1 reset after bf3 it's a 2 frame link and instead of brushing it of or saying "you'll get it with a bit of practice" you state that it's really hard. I like Kenjustu and sometimes when I'm on a roll I feels so great but after the damage nerf I can't see much merit in hard to pull of combos that don't do too much more damage.

The other option being vortex but that can be blocked (offline my friends can fussy it pretty well) and is so hard to execute if I wasn't practicing the link for hours before hand. You can use meter for a really quick OH which is nice but Kenjutsu loves it's meter a little too much a times.

Just what I think anyway, thanks for taking the time out of your life to put together these guides for us Pig.
yea hey i drop this shit a ton lol, I dont want people being down on themselves because they think us top players or whatever are these super driods who never drop anything

we drop a ton too especially when it comes to these god awful kenjutsu combos

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
@Pig Of The Hut

would you recommend to learn kenshi, if you don´t wanna zone all day? I kinda love the blind swordman, but i think i´m too stupid to zone.

//edit also which variation would you recommend. I almost play only rushdown characters :>

Last edited:

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
@Pig Of The Hut

would you recommend to learn kenshi, if you don´t wanna zone all day? I kinda love the blind swordman, but i think i´m too stupid to zone.

//edit also which variation would you recommend. I almost play only rushdown characters :>
You legit can't zone all day with Kenshi in this game it's not even an option like in mk9. Your not too stupid- no level of intelligence will save you from a whiff bf3 in balanced. You would probably like Kenjutsu if your into rushdown but to be real from me to you- I don't think you will enjoy kenshi if you like rushdown because other character do it a lot better.

You don't need really hard links to do massive rushdown with better options with character like liu kang and erron black. So yeah Kenjustu if you just really like Kenshi and want a bit of rushdown imo.

Terrencify

Jacqui The Feint God
Pig are you willing to type some of the combos down 1 bar 2 bar etc for new potential kenshi players.

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine