What's new

Tech - Smoke Keeping your advantage while midscreen with Smoke

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Just put together a little video for my smokebro's about optimal combo's for the character. It's all a little subjective I mean everyone has their preference, but this is just how to play him like this.

EDIT: second vid including B21 combo, F131 ender and "option selects" for smoke

any standing starter~Bomb, NjP, 4~Phase, 4~Trident, JiP 213 = 27% Meterless

(F13/111/F21)~EX-TP, F1, 4~Trident, JiP 4~Bomb, NjP, RC B4 = 35-36% 1-Bar

B21~Spear, JiP 4~Bomb, NjP, 4~Phase, 21, F131 = 31% Meterless
F42, B21~Spear, JiP, 4~Bomb, NjP F213 = 24% Meterless
F4D12, RC, 4~Trident, JiP, 4~Bomb, NjP, RC 213 = 28% Meterless

F43~EX-TP, 4~Trident, JiP 4~Bomb, NjP, RC B4 = 38% 1-Bar
114~EX-Trident, RC, JiP 4~Bomb, NjP, RC F213 = 31% 1-Bar

NjP, 4, B21~Trident, JiP 4~Bomb, RC 213 = 29% Meterless

standing starter~Bomb, 4~Phase, 21, 114~Spear, NjP, F43~Throwdown = 30-31%
(F13/111/F21)~EX-TP, JiK, 21, walk back Ji2 4~Spear, 4~Bomb, NjP, F43~Throwdown = 40-41% 1-Bar

B21~Spear, JiP, 4~Bomb, 4, NjP, 4, F43~Throwdown = 32% Meterless
114~Spear, walk back Ji2 4~Bomb, NjP, 4, F43~Throwdown = 32% Meterless
F42, 21, 21, 4~ Trident, walkback Ji2 4~Bomb, NjP, F43~Throwdown = 30% Meterless
F4D12, 4, 21, 4~Trident, walkback Ji2 4~Bomb, F43~Throwdown = 32% Meterless

F43~EX-TP, RC, 21, 4~Spear, walk back Ji2 4~Bomb, NjP, F43~Throwdown = 44% 1-Bar

NjP, 4~Phase, 21, 114~Trident, walkback Ji2 4~Bomb, F43~Throwdown = 35% Meterless
JiK, 21, 21, 4~Trident, walkback Ji2, 4~bomb, NjP, F43~Throwdown = 39% Meterless

First time making a real video so im concious that it might not be as professional as some other vids on here but... its whatever tho i just did me

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Great video, was wondering what a good alternative would be to the teleport/air grab ender. Excellent combos as well, his damage is looking quite good in the corner.

Last edited:

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Aw yeah, I feel like I've been legitimized now that I got tagged. At a family event so I can't play the video, but I have to say that (thing)xxSB NJP s4xxPhase s4xxTrident Ji2 213 is the unsung hero of Smoke combos.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Speaking of gimmicks. After your f131 ender on certain combos have you tried using regular invis for some minor mind games?

God Confirm

Speaking of gimmicks. After your f131 ender on certain combos have you tried using regular invis for some minor mind games?
i recorded a bit for b21 but accidentally edited it out so it's currently missing, but in it I talked about that

im gunna make a little addendum to this video in a bit, with both the bits about F131 as an ender, and a little discussion i went on afterwards making that video about covering all your bases on things that you can't hitconfirm

Last edited:

God Confirm

Lost footage from the first vid added now! including B21 combo, explanation of the F131 ender, and talking about "option selecting" a coverall option to auto hitconfirm plus frames into pressure

just to clarify, im not saying do F4D1 after every low NjP, I'm just saying it's your option to cover all bases

Last edited:

boba_buster

Noob saibot
You never use f34 as an ender?
I like to use f4d12 b21 f4d1-spear jip 4-smoke cloud njp f34 32% meterless midscreen

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I picked smoke months ago for the love of his alt color that brings back mk3, really love Smoke , great design!

6ixty9

Noob
I'm trying to get some of these swag bnb down. Having some issues.

After starter, sb, njp..... Is there special timing or a trick to connect the s4? It always seems to whiffs. Only way i can get it to connect is with an instant run cancel into the 4. Like he barely moves but I see the stamina drain.

If I do it this way i can then get the rest of the combo but I'm left with no stamina. Not good. I've watched the video over and over and it's like you just have a bigger leg lol.

Also after the spear, is the jip a 1 or 2? Your inputs look like it's a 1 but the punch looks more like 2?

Thanks

God Confirm

I'm trying to get some of these swag bnb down. Having some issues.

After starter, sb, njp..... Is there special timing or a trick to connect the s4? It always seems to whiffs. Only way i can get it to connect is with an instant run cancel into the 4. Like he barely moves but I see the stamina drain.

If I do it this way i can then get the rest of the combo but I'm left with no stamina. Not good. I've watched the video over and over and it's like you just have a bigger leg lol.

Also after the spear, is the jip a 1 or 2? Your inputs look like it's a 1 but the punch looks more like 2?

Thanks
i should have mentioned in my OP, that you need to be holding towards your opponent as you come down. You won't see the move - but it will make all the difference. The run cancel as you said leaves you with no stamina, and often puts you slightly too far where the follow up 4~Trident will whiff because you are directly beneath ur opponent

ignore my inputs other than directions btw I'm using an allplatform stick, and i have a really weird preference in button layout lol. It's jump in 2 after a trident.

6ixty9

Noob
i should have mentioned in my OP, that you need to be holding towards your opponent as you come down. You won't see the move - but it will make all the difference. The run cancel as you said leaves you with no stamina, and often puts you slightly too far where the follow up 4~Trident will whiff because you are directly beneath ur opponent

ignore my inputs other than directions btw I'm using an allplatform stick, and i have a really weird preference in button layout lol. It's jump in 2 after a trident.
That makes a lot more sense. I'll give it a go when I get home. Do I let go of forward the second I land, like right before I would hit s4? Weird that it works like that but hey, I'm not gonna complain if it's swaggy :p

God Confirm

You never use f34 as an ender?
I like to use f4d12 b21 f4d1-spear jip 4-smoke cloud njp f34 32% meterless midscreen
that combo does literally the opposite of the title of this thread and the video... F34 ender sends them fullscreen, and is techrollable on knockdown... so that is kinda defeating the purpose of the concepts i speak on for the entire video

God Confirm

That makes a lot more sense. I'll give it a go when I get home. Do I let go of forward the second I land, like right before I would hit s4? Weird that it works like that but hey, I'm not gonna complain if it's swaggy :p
and yes, exactly that

boba_buster

Noob saibot
that combo does literally the opposite of the title of this thread and the video... F34 ender sends them fullscreen, and is techrollable on knockdown... so that is kinda defeating the purpose of the concepts i speak on for the entire video
I hear ya , I like to play keep away as much as I can and make them want to run in at me. Ending in air throw or f34 constantly frustrates ppl and makes them want to close the gap. Eventually their going to do something unsafe to get in on you -run , slide , tele etc. Not always great depending on that match up of course