What's new

Strategy Keeping Reptile cornered

When I corner Reptile, I find myself letting him out for free because of my fear of the EX Dash. Raiden has to respect EX Dash because;

- On hit, it grants Reptile 35+% corner combo.​
- On block, he's +5 and has decent pressure options.​
- On block/hit he gets positional advantage.​
I started to interrupt EX Dash with d1, but then he still gets positional advantage and only loses 2% life. After a while, I started to use the armor from EX Electrocute. The combo I used was EX Electrocute - f2 xx VB - 3,3,4 xx Superman, but the problem is it puts us midscreen. Thus, I came up with a simple yet effective way of punishing the EX Dash, and keeping him cornered.

After you block the first hit, immediately Teleport - dash xx b3,1,2 xx Electrocute - f2 xx VB - b3 xx Superman. I'm sure there is a bigger punish because it's a corner combo, but I don't know any:(. This puts the risk/reward factor in Raiden's favor. On hit, Reptile eats a 30+% combo, wastes a bar of meter, and is still in the corner. On block, Raiden gets a free block string, Reptile wastes a bar of meter, and you still keep positional advantage.

Special thanks to B W1zZ for making this character look so GDLK, and inspiring me to pick him up:D.

B W1zZ

Noob
When I corner Reptile, I find myself letting him out for free because of my fear of the EX Dash. Raiden has to respect EX Dash because;

- On hit, it grants Reptile 35+% corner combo.​
- On block, he's +5 and has decent pressure options.​
- On block/hit he gets positional advantage.​
I started to interrupt EX Dash with d1, but then he still gets positional advantage and only loses 2% life. After a while, I started to use the armor from EX Electrocute. The combo I used was EX Electrocute - f2 xx VB - 3,3,4 xx Superman, but the problem is it puts us midscreen. Thus, I came up with a simple yet effective way of punishing the EX Dash, and keeping him cornered.

After you block the first hit, immediately Teleport - dash xx b3,1,2 xx Electrocute - f2 xx VB - b3 xx Superman. I'm sure there is a bigger punish because it's a corner combo, but I don't know any:(. This puts the risk/reward factor in Raiden's favor. On hit, Reptile eats a 30+% combo, wastes a bar of meter, and is still in the corner. On block, Raiden gets a free block string, Reptile wastes a bar of meter, and you still keep positional advantage.

Special thanks to B W1zZ for making this character look so GDLK, and inspiring me to pick him up:D.

Midscreen the best option to interrupt en dash is en shocker into a 1 vb dash 334 superman 31% combo. If you want to be conservative on your meter and play defensively just teleport out.

But yeah if reptile is cornered and en dashes, teleporting out leads to a full corner combo. I'd say a solid punisher would be either:

slight dash:
B312, 4, 334, 33 shocker, F23 superman (41%)
B312 1 Vb 334 33 shocker, F23 superman (39% but more lenient)

You have to be fast with both the teleport and the follow up slight dash/B312 to punish properly, if your not quick reptile can either block or follow up with another dash.

I'm glad more people are deciding to pick up Raiden, there aren't too many of us.

B W1zZ Thanks for the combos lol I needed them bad.

He doesn't have all the tools I prefer in a character, but I love using his b3 string to blow up low pokes.

After you punish that 1 ex dash. They will have to be smarter when trying to escape the corner. Not to mention Raiden can punish the regular Dah pretty well.

B W1zZ

Noob
B W1zZ Thanks for the combos lol I needed them bad.

He doesn't have all the tools I prefer in a character, but I love using his b3 string to blow up low pokes.

After you punish that 1 ex dash. They will have to be smarter when trying to escape the corner. Not to mention Raiden can punish the regular Dah pretty well.
Raiden requires a lot of reads, adaptation, and mind games along with matchup knowledge and fundamentals. He doesn't exactly have a bs tactic or anything highly abuseable like other characters do, with the exception of his teleport which can get him out of a lot of situations other characters are forced to endure. One thing that is rewarding about playing him, however, is that when you win you know it's because you outplayed your opponent.

Raiden requires a lot of reads, adaptation, and mind games along with matchup knowledge and fundamentals. He doesn't exactly have a bs tactic or anything highly abuseable like other characters do, with the exception of his teleport which can get him out of a lot of situations other characters are forced to endure. One thing that is rewarding about playing him, however, is that when you win you know it's because you outplayed your opponent.
I'm originally a Scorpion player, so I'm used to outplaying my opponents. Raiden is a breath of fresh air because he can get out of pressure easier than Scorpion. He can also pressure safely.