What's new

Keeping MKX alive

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Hey buddy, any tips for how to install an external hard drive? I don't know how to.
External drives are easy to use. Just connect the usb cable that is connected to the external drive to any of your console's USB ports and if needed, plug your drive into a power source. Not all external drives need a power source as some only need to be powered via a USB cable when connected to your console.

Your console will recognise that you have the drive connected and will ask if you want to format it for use. Just follow the prompts and your console will do the rest.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
External drives are easy to use. Just connect the usb cable that is connected to the external drive to any of your console's USB ports and if needed, plug your drive into a power source. Not all external drives need a power source as some only need to be powered via a USB cable when connected to your console.

Your console will recognise that you have the drive connected and will ask if you want to format it for use. Just follow the prompts and your console will do the rest.
Thank you!

I prefer MKXL to Injustice 2.

I2 looks worse than 1 in every way for me. Faces, super moves, animations, roster look less swaggy and made with less effort. I would consider it if they wont create ridiculous balance issues.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Gotta love how disposable nrs games are.
I see no reason to buy injustice 2, it won't last either.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Injustice 2 looks awesome, but I would love to keep playing MKXL every time I have a chance until MK11 comes out. NRS did an amazing job with this game, they kept the support for it longer then both MK9 and IJ1 combined, and I'm pretty sure that IJ2 will get the same amount of support, and then MK11 will get the same, if not more then that.

Slymind

Noob
Scar knows the stuff. Keep the dream alive!!

https://twitter.com/khscar12/status/857079260221247489
Based Scar.

MKX is so good. The only issue is that to keep supporting the game, they would need WB to bank it right? I'm positive if NRS was in charge of the decisions they would keep supporting the game, but WB is a different situation altogether.

MKX is a very special game imo, i sure as heck would like to see it being played still. Props to Combat Cup to keep the party going so far.

If there is no word on the MKX side soon I'll run the damn thing. Dunno what the pot would be, I'm not a name like Pig so its not like I could get a big donation drive going(nor would I try). I guess if $$$ is your only incentive to keep playing this game maybe it's better you stay away and chase the Capeshit 2 dollar. Will need a lot of help with setups and TVs... lets see what happens.

dubson

Noob
So I've gotten back into playing MKX and am having a great time. How many people are still planning on playing/entering tournaments for this game well after Injustice 2's release? The player base hit will be big, but even with a small core player base willing to show up a game can survive(ST's American player base is like a few dozen people who run at the game at pretty much every tournament). Any interest in continuing to pursue MKX?
I will. I'm an MK-head for life and don't care about Injustice. I'll continue to play MKX until 11 comes out.

Hopefully it will be straight up MK, and not half MK half Injustice. Some of the characters/variations in MKX felt like they should be in an Injustice game (like Spectral Ermac).

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
When i look at Drunken Master Bo' Rai Cho i know why i won't be playing MKXL competitively anymore.
Yeah how about not having characters in the game whose special movies are farting and puking on you at all if you want people to take your game seriously.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
MKX is a really good game, just not my preferred pace. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a LOT of fun with MKX, but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't ready to move on to I2.

we all know mkx will die out.
even if some people took it seriously, top 8s will have little meaning when the top dogs are grinding injustice 2.

zabugi

The only Real Master
Imo mk games are better than injustice games. Im not a pro competitive player but i dont think im playing injustice anytime soon. Coz i simply just love mkx.and im not as hype for inj2 as i was for mkx before it dropped. Dont be surprised mkx will be a better game than inj2.

MasterBelmont

Aspiring competitive MKXL/MVCI player from Oregon
Guess I'm a little late, since this is I2 launch day, but like many have said, I will most definitely continue playing MKX and am honestly not sure I'll even buy I2 or not. The game I'll be playing next is Marvel Infinite, and even that won't stop me from playing MKX (I'll keep playing until MKXI). I'm going to Combo Breaker for MKX next week, and it has 135 entrants so far even with I2 out, so it looks like people really do want to keep it alive (at least I hope).

If you find an account ending on DR as a name, and with the Cryomancer symbol beware,That's Me, and I will Polar puncture the fuck out of You instead of doing a fatality.

Guess I'm a little late, since this is I2 launch day, but like many have said, I will most definitely continue playing MKX and am honestly not sure I'll even buy I2 or not. The game I'll be playing next is Marvel Infinite, and even that won't stop me from playing MKX (I'll keep playing until MKXI). I'm going to Combo Breaker for MKX next week, and it has 135 entrants so far even with I2 out, so it looks like people really do want to keep it alive (at least I hope).
I am a novice at this game but I will keep playing and labbing, really enjoy the mechanics and so satisifying when you improve and apply what you practice in lab to an actual fight and it occurs, keep up the work and hope you reach the competitive level you want, mkxl is so great

Last edited:
So it looks like Injustice 2 is going to follow a similar trajectory as the first game. Game will likely boil down to Clark, Waterboy, and I guess Ivy standing fullscreen from each other sniping with NRS's still idiotic projectile mechanics. Maybe the next 800 patches will change this but I don't find it likely. Not everyone likes that, some people prefer idiot rush/oki to idiot projectile wars. Hopefully enough people with Injustice indigestion will fall back to MK lol