What's new

Keeping MKX alive

So I've gotten back into playing MKX and am having a great time. How many people are still planning on playing/entering tournaments for this game well after Injustice 2's release? The player base hit will be big, but even with a small core player base willing to show up a game can survive(ST's American player base is like a few dozen people who run at the game at pretty much every tournament). Any interest in continuing to pursue MKX?

So I've gotten back into playing MKX and am having a great time. How many people are still planning on playing/entering tournaments for this game well after Injustice 2's release? The player base hit will be big, but even with a small core player base willing to show up a game can survive(ST's American player base is like a few dozen people who run at the game at pretty much every tournament). Any interest in continuing to pursue MKX?[/QUOT. yes

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Sorry, but the competition was killed since last patch. There's no competition around MKX anymore. We're going to INJ2.
This is the sad state of affairs with NRS fans. They still have not figured out that you can play two different fighting games from the same maker that play different. That is why the rest of the FGC makes fun of you and lacks respect for this community.

It's up to you all to change that.

Peace

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
MKX is getting uninstalled to make room for Injustice tbh
For crying out loud, get a $49.00 portable HDD and install some games on it. You don't need to delete games when more memory for your console is so cheap these days. I just got 6TB for my PS4 from bestbuy.com for $125.00.

I'm just toying with you by the way but we have so many affordable options now.

Peace

trufenix

bye felicia
This is the sad state of affairs with NRS fans. They still have not figured out that you can play two different fighting games from the same maker that play different. That is why the rest of the FGC makes fun of you and lacks respect for this community.

Peace
I guess that would be profound if any game other than Smash had ever survived its sequel. Super inflammatory though, good job on the hyperbole.

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.

Peace
The rest of the FGC can eat a dick. Could give two shits about respect. If you don't want to play the game anymore, you don't want to play the game anymore. Is what it is.

So I've gotten back into playing MKX and am having a great time. How many people are still planning on playing/entering tournaments for this game well after Injustice 2's release? The player base hit will be big, but even with a small core player base willing to show up a game can survive(ST's American player base is like a few dozen people who run at the game at pretty much every tournament). Any interest in continuing to pursue MKX?
Are you going to continue to play mkxl, if so will you play mainly offline or online

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I guess that would be profound if any game other than Smash had ever survived its sequel. Super inflammatory though, good job on the hyperbole.
I think you could argue that 'Capcom players' play both SF and Mahvel, but IMO those are really two different communities. And otherwise yeah, every new game pushes out the old game.

The difference is that NRS pops out a new game much more frequently than the others and supports each game for a shorter time period.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For crying out loud, get a $49.00 portable HDD and install some games on it. You don't need to delete games when more memory for your console is so cheap these days. I just got 6TB for my PS4 from bestbuy.com for $125.00.

I'm just toying with you by the way but we have so many affordable options now.

Peace
Good point I just thought my post was more of a funny meme if anything

Sad truth is I don't have enough time to play games these days so I don't need more than the base PS4 hdd :/

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
This is exactly why NRS players switch games with new releases. I would still be rocking MK9 if they kept up support for their games.

If Capcom did this, people would jump ship too.

@mastermalone Peace.
Absolutely, me too. If MK9 got ported to the PS4 and still had some support, the way USFIV was/does, I'd be all over it.

MKX could last for years and years if they kept investing in it, but it's hard for the player to feel like they should stick it out if the team is clearly completely over it.

trufenix

bye felicia
The difference is that NRS pops out a new game much more frequently than the others and supports each game for a shorter time period.
Capcom pops out new games way faster than NRS does. The only difference is their new games are 75% the old game.

The only game Capcom tried to "support" without a financial booster shot every 12 months was SFxT. The one they packed with on disc dlc and then swept under the rug when the well went dry.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Capcom pops out new games way faster than NRS does. The only difference is their new games are 75% the old game.

The only game Capcom tried to "support" without a financial booster shot every 12 months was SFxT. The one they packed with on disc dlc and then swept under the rug when the well went dry.
Only if you count all the SFIV iterations as 'different games', which I wouldn't. That's like saying MKX and MKXL are two different releases.

This is the sad state of affairs with NRS fans. They still have not figured out that you can play two different fighting games from the same maker that play different.
I play SG, SFV and I'll be playing T7 on release. I don't at all think it's 'sad' if I want to drop MKX to focus more on INJ2 when all of these other games are eating up my attention.

If you want to keep playing MKX then keep playing. No one will stop you. Have all your side tourneys mate, winner gets an Applebees gift card.

Last edited by a moderator:

omooba

fear the moobs
bruh i'll always be here as long as my friends play the game and there's nothing kabal level busted in it. psn id: D0Pr1nc3