What's new

Question Keep pressure going!

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Hello everyone!

I have just recently picked up Nightwing and I am convinced, that he has quite a lot of potential!

At this point, my whole gameplan is constant rushdown. Mostly I am trying to use frametraps to setup hit-confirmable combos (not that I was any good at doing so :) ).

However, I have a few question and I would be grateful for any answers I can get:

1.) What's the best way to continue pressure after an "escrima d, b, 3"-stompkick? Fwik this is a hard knockdown, so is there any reliable way to stuff wake-ups?

2.) That leads to my next question. I was trying to continue with a (mb) d, b, 3. If this overhead is blocked, I continue with 1, 1, 2. However the first 1 hits high, so I guess, any good player could duck it? Then again the framedata says, that I was +2 on block. So maybe, my opponent still might be caught in the recovery-animation from standing block, so that the first 1 is guaranteed?

3.) What's the general opinion on "Escrima: f2,1,3 ~ (mb)db 1". Can it be interrupted and shouldn't f+3 or at least u+3 be guaranteed after this string? Can they get away with backdash?

4.) After some time in the lab I've found out, that "Escrima: 3, 3, db 2" trades with Lex Charge (6f move). So against any human opponent, I am pretty sure, it won't be interrupted. What I do not know is, if I have any frameadvantage, if I dashcancel db2?

Thanks in advance!

AssassiN

Noob
1) NJ, Flipkick, jump back, block and B3 MB are the general options. Depends on the character and the wake-up attack.
2) Even though Flipkick MB is + on block you can't do anything of it. His 1 hits high so it will whiff against crouching counters, D1 is 9 frames which is too slow to stop pokers. You have to block or backdash and counter whatever they are doing. You can do NJ against pokers to punish their poke.
3) F213~DB1 MB is interruptible, between the string and the special. I wouldn't really spend your time on this move, it's pretty much useless.
4) No idea, figure it out by going into training mode and set the AI to jump. Do whatever you need to do and jump the moment you can. Who-ever jumps first has advantage.