What's new

Question - Kano Kasual Kano Questions.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
1. What is the go to variation of Kano? If a couple are diferent can I get pros and cons?

2. General gameplan?

3. Best strings?

4. Easy to execute BnBs.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to making Kano the 3rd man on my growing team. (Khotal Khan and Kitana so far)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
It depends on the variation you choose for what the gameplan, and bnbs are, as well as strings. If it is cut throat I would say rush down and get in your opponent's face and poke them with your advancing knife special thing, (db1 I think? I dunno I am not a kano main I just fight a lot of kanos) with cybernetic it is to play footsies and zone with knives. And I'm not entirely sure what the gameplan of commando is tbh

HateMe!

Noob
No offence dude, but why do you create topics like that instead of browsing through a f*ckton of threads with tons of info? Don't be lazy.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
@HateMe! I have no qualms with the guy trying to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. These forums are a cluster fuck after all.

@ZeroSymbolic Cut throat is indeed the way to go. He's S+/top 5 for a reason. The only thing I will say is that if this mythical patch ever drops, cut throat will undoubtedly receive some.. "adjustments" invest your time and effort with caution.

FACTS:

Hope this helps! Black Dragon 4 Lyfe!

HateMe!

Noob
@HateMe! I have no qualms with the guy trying to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. These forums are a cluster fuck after all.
They kinda are, but you'll find useful shit which 90% of people don't know (like the optimal LK midscreen meterless combo for example) if you read throught 'general discussion' or 'x variant discussion' topics.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
No offence dude, but why do you create topics like that instead of browsing through a f*ckton of threads with tons of info? Don't be lazy.
For one it leads to more forum activity which is good for the community. Secondly, there have been patches since the game came out, and when I read a thread or a guide I don't know whether the info is up to date or not. Before I make one of these threads I actually do make an attempt to find the answers myself, but it's difficult sometimes.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.

@ZeroSymbolic Cut throat is indeed the way to go. He's S+/top 5 for a reason. The only thing I will say is that if this mythical patch ever drops, cut throat will undoubtedly receive some.. "adjustments" invest your time and effort with caution.

FACTS:

Hope this helps! Black Dragon 4 Lyfe!
It's it's... beautiful. Thank you very much.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Cutthroat is the strongest Kano variation as of now. He covers everything and is safe on mostly every string he has. The general gameplan is to play your footsies, land a D3 to start your pressure, then attempt to 50/50 till your hearts contend. Cutthroat can dominate from all areas of the screen due to his zoning capabilities with the knife, he can contend the opponent's air attacks and counter zone with Air Kano Ball, and his F4, D4, and F2 are fantastic tools in the neutral. You have a lot of options with DB1 too, which has a wicked range, hitbox, and it's only -5

You'll be primarily using B121 (Overhead String) and I believe it's neutral on block along with having pushback, so it sets you up to use D4 or block if you think your opponent is going to try and use a move with a long reach. B31 is his low string you'll be primarily using as well, and is +1 on block. You can use this to setup another D4 or DB1 or DD3 EX, which is a damage power up that gives you plus frames. It's awesome. You'll be using 112 for staggers. (I like to use 11, then try to tag them with low, and if I see they respect my 11 too much, I might go gutsy with an Overhead and mix em up.) You just have so many tools.

Last but not least, you'll be using F212 (a mid starting advancing launcher) for a bulk of your midscreen damage. F21xxEx Knives is also a blockstring (+7) and you can also go for a 50/50 and just go ham on your opponent when you hit confirm. Take him into practice and experiment!

Starter BnBs...

F212-> F212 -> run cancel -> 112xxBF3 (30% meterless)

[Starter (B31, B12, 112, F4, F33)] --> DB1 EX --> F212 --> run cancel --> 112xxBF3 (Varied Percentage 31%-35%, One Bar)

[Starter] --> DD3 EX (POWER UP)--> F212 --> F212 --> run cancel --> 112xxBF3 (Varied Damage and you get a powerup at the cost of a bar.)

Corner combos... there are plenty of them. Kano Combo thread will give you more optimal ones than the ones I use. :)

Have fun using the Knife-Throwing, Headbutting, foul-mouthed, Cutthroat Australian!

ando1184

Noob
If you want to play mkxl like the majority of the cast, then CT is your go to variant. CT has the 50/50 aspect that's typical in this game. All 3 of kanos variations have a strong neutral but require you have a fundamental approach to your offense and defense. Cyber allows you to zone better, commando allows you to capitalize on your opponents "impatience" and allows you to play your game over there's a little better. IMO, your best approach to going about learning the character would be to play cyber first so you can build that foundation. Then move from commando and lastly, CT.