What's new

Kano's Uppercut

MaceWind

Crazy 88

One thing I've incorporated into my pressure strings is Kano's uppercut. It is probably the least used item in his arsenal with the exception of f4. I mean why would you use it for AA when you have an 8 frame upball? I find it especially useful against characters that rushdown excessively or against attempted cross-ups after a blocked string.

Here's an example of a pressure string I would use. B112~Choke, D3, D2. Provided the D3 connects, you stand at +3 and your opponent only has about 2 frames to react. Anything other than a poke, extremely fast special (KL, Reptile) or armored move will get taken out. Its, scooping motion increases its hitbox and can connect an opponent slightly in front of you unlike the faster straight-up uppercuts like Sektor, Cage or Lao.

On block, it provides enough push-back that you cannot be punished since its only -2. The push-back also creates some relief from counter-pressure. This also puts you in a position for a F3, B2 since its an advancing normal given the pushback that occurred. I believe on wiff, you can be punished but I execute it so close to my opponent this rarely occurs. How do you use his uppercut?

MaceWind

Crazy 88
sounds risky. surely there are better options
Its really pretty low risk. Again its only -2 on block and has enough pushback to minimize poking afterwards. It's especially handy when you have one of those opponents that likes to cross you up after you D3. LOVE IT for that.

Its really pretty low risk. Again its only -2 on block and has enough pushback to minimize poking afterwards. It's especially handy when you have one of those opponents that likes to cross you up after you D3. LOVE IT for that.
I think he was talking about the opponent ducking and not blocking. But yeah, it is a good uppercut.

MaceWind

Crazy 88
I think he was talking about the opponent ducking and not blocking. But yeah, it is a good uppercut.
This is not usually the case. Most people are conditioned to block Kano while on the defensive as his b112 hits mid, mid, mid and 212 hits high, mid mid. After mixing it up a bit, they'll be conditioned not to neutral duck block. Pretty much the same reason why no one really punishes his choke. I've played some really good players and choke rarely comes at a price.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This is good, but ony this because the f3 can def get you blown up or put you back in defense