What's new

Kano's B+Y

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I dont know if this has been discovered or not i didnt really look around much. If it has a moderator can just delete this thread for my lack of recent knowledge. I noticed that when i was playing a kano earlier and i delayed my wake up/get up that kano's back Y is an OTG in this scenario. Not sure if you can combo anything from it but it definitely made me lose cause i was not expecting it. Is this news to anyone?

I just tested this a little more and it seems that of you time it correctly you can completely beat out someone even if they are blocking as they stand up. Wake up moves will most likely beat this out but its possible to get this and even hit comfirm into back+y a followed by upball for an easy 18%.

Plop

Noob
I dont know if this has been discovered or not i didnt really look around much. If it has a moderator can just delete this thread for my lack of recent knowledge. I noticed that when i was playing a kano earlier and i delayed my wake up/get up that kano's back Y is an OTG in this scenario. Not sure if you can combo anything from it but it definitely made me lose cause i was not expecting it. Is this news to anyone?

I just tested this a little more and it seems that of you time it correctly you can completely beat out someone even if they are blocking as they stand up. Wake up moves will most likely beat this out but its possible to get this and even hit comfirm into back+y a followed by upball for an easy 18%.
Its just an overhead as far as I'm aware. I usually only use it after I've got them to used to blocking low after some d4's and a few f3b2's while they're getting up. It's too slow to use any other time really

EDIT - You're totally right. Blows em up everytime they try playing dead

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If you can find a way you should try it cause i was able to replicate it. It seems to have some kind of OTG property on delayed get up and also can even beat out an opponent as they are getting up just blocking regularly. Im guessing thus us just a bug but it can be timed and is a free 18% I havent been able to see the effect of wake up attacks in this situation.

Plop

Noob
If you can find a way you should try it cause i was able to replicate it. It seems to have some kind of OTG property on delayed get up and also can even beat out an opponent as they are getting up just blocking regularly. Im guessing thus us just a bug but it can be timed and is a free 18% I havent been able to see the effect of wake up attacks in this situation.
Its really frustrating that i cant test this out and practice it in training mode. Sounds like a really useful trick

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
If you're not lazy, you can do B2-F1 instead. There's really no difference besides the fact that it does more damage, and sends them flying further, so it gives you two options:

1. Cancel into up ball for maximum damage
2. Cancel into knife throw to get them full screen

Oh, right, forgot. I suppose one reason to use B2-3 is its ability to cancel into choke, if you're one of those people who's figured out a use for it.

Plop

Noob
I usually do b23,upball. I know b2f1 does more damage, but sometimes the lag screws me and it doesnt come out so i stick to what's 100% garanteed to come out. I do push the boat out sometimes though and do b2f1

Oh, right, forgot. I suppose one reason to use B2-3 is its ability to cancel into choke, if you're one of those people who's figured out a use for it.
Just to be clear, you can cancel B2, F1 into choke as well.

More random trivia on this: B2, F1 choke works in the corner (example here, say counter wake-up), whereas B2, 3 choke doesn't (usually whiffs.)

Kanos biggest weakness is his inabillity to hit mid. it totaly hits delayed wakeups, jump aways, and wake up teleports.

for a mixup into b2 try 3 cancle into choke. if blocked it will push the opponet the perfect distance for a f3 or b2.

3 cancle into choke is like the weirdest tech for kano. it will push people farther away and for some odd ass reason has a larger hitbox (no joke) it can and will hit crouching players (low crouchers like jax it wont touch)

if you mess up and hit 3 3 instead. you wil get blown up as it is the saddest 2 hitter in north america lol. least it gives the most meter =p

In my opinion, one of Kanos greatest assets is his abillity to punnish wakeups. So b1, 3 into a choke is probably going to give you the best overall payoff.
however if your awesome use b2, 3, en knfe, kano ball for 32%

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
You could probably b23 into ex knife into pressure. Is b23 0 on block? and how about b3f1?

Iv been testing B2 pressure alot, hitting mid with kano should be used conservatively.

B2, 3 En Knife 6% chip: great for preasure. i dont have the frame data but it almost looks like its a clean string
B2, F1, En Knife 6% chip: also pretty good. looks not as quick as the other.

B2, F1 4% chip: On Block: dont use it.
B2, 3 4% chip: pretty good pressure set up looks almost as fast as the en knife ones. probably your best choice.

B2, 3, Choke 5% chip: probably your best bet but does look slower on recovery then the on above.
B2, F1, Choke 5%chip: looks as the same.

After playing around I got this pressure combo going. B2, 3 dash D1, F1 (for choke), Back dash, B2, 3, back dash, B1, 1, Choke, B1, 1 ,1 blah blah balh you get the point =p