What's new

Kano tick-throw whiffing...

Has anyone else noticed Kano's DBF2 whiffing on a blocked down 1? Is this simply a max range thing and has always been the case or has Kano been ninja nerfed? I've played him on and off since the game released and over the last few days I've had his command grab whiff on D1 multiple times. I will try and clip it next time it happens. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this and whether they have been punished for it as often as I have in Kombat League.

Yamborghini High

Live and Die by the Shimmy
The reason for this is because the actual cmd grab is a high, therefore it will whiff if the opponent does something that low profiles after the D1 (example: duck, D2).

The solution from a balancing standpoint would be to make the cmd grab a mid

Gaxkang

Banned
The reason for this is because the actual cmd grab is a high, therefore it will whiff if the opponent does something that low profiles after the D1 (example: duck, D2).

The solution from a balancing standpoint would be to make the cmd grab a mid
Yeah, so basically you probably don't want to do such a thing I suppose...the risks involved.

Since the go-to thing in the game is for people to be crouching, hitting D1 or D2.

Rebalance….hopefully so.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Are you saying that it's whiffing while the opponent is crouch blocking or whiffing when the opponent is just crouching? If it's the former, they should've been grabbed. If it's the latter than it should've whiffed for any type of grab. Maybe they released block? I dunno

I guess they are releasing block but not poking. Although I would have thought the block stun on the D1 would guarantee the throw which is why I am surprised it whiffs.

I was testing out command grabs in practice, and if the opponent is blocking while crouching, the grab will whiff....in MKX a blocking crouch would be caught, but not with MK11...to me, that's what makes Kano so frustrating to use compared to the last game. He's still super fun to play with, but basically he loses to people that down block all match...at least in my experience.