What's new

Kano Tag combos

Plop

Noob
Recently I've been getting alot of tag requests online. Naturally i pick Kano, I also play Mileena but i've tried pairing her up with Kano a few times and there's just nothing there. The damage they get from their tag combos are pretty much the same as their individual combos, so you might as well stick to them.
So tonight i decided to have a look for someone who fits well with him in a tag team and so i decided to pick Quan up and have a crack at him.

This was the best meterless combo i could come up with. In fairness, Quan doesnt really do alot in this combo. The more hits Quan got in, the more it seemed to scale. Thus, i'm just using this cheap white slut for his trance really. This combo will no doubt work with anyone whos got a free-hit move (ie/ Sub Zero, Kabal, Scorpion, Cyrax etc).
Obviously i could probably get more if i used some meter, but i was trying to think practically, and Quan likes to keep his meter for that nasty ol' rune trap of his.

Anyway, on with the woolay!

Start with Kano..
jip, 212 tag, trance tag, jip 212, 212, b12upball - 43%

I've noticed theres NOOOOOOOO tag related Kano information anywhere, so i thought i'd start a thread. The only tag stuff you see on here really is stuff like 7000% Cyrax & Smoke combos or whatever that just abuse the bugs in the game that have been overlooked because tag isnt really the important bit of MK9. I'm not interested in any of that. Thats when it becomes Marvel (dont get me wrong, i like Marvel an everything...but this is MK, lets keep it that way innit).

If you've all got tag team Kano combos/tech/whatever that you've been using (no doubt everyone has at least something), please share.

With Kano not exactly being the deepest of characters, i feel this is his Final Frontier *cue Iron Maiden*

EDIT: Ok, after playing a couple of matches online, i decided to go back and figure out the most online-efficient tag combos for each of Kano's launchers (with Quan as the partner, obviosuly). Here's what i got

a) 212tag, 3trance tag, jip, 212, b12upball = 37% (40% with a jip)
b) b112tag, 3trance tag, jip, 212, b12upball = 39% (42% with a jip
OR (the lag can fuck with the b112 launcher, as usual, so this one is a bit easier) -
b112tag, 212trance tag, jip,b2f1,upball = 37% (40%).
(Any time you swap the 3trance for a 212trance or a b11trance, (which IS alot easier to time, and you dont have to worry about getting a b3 due to negative edge) you pretty much have to finish the combo with jip,b2f1,upball, otherwise the gravity get's all silly and sometimes the 212, b12upball connects and sometimes it dont)
c) f3b2tag, 3trance tag, jip, 212, b12upball = 38% (41% with a jip)

You can mess around with these and mix n match certain parts to get more damage, but i found these to be the most reliable online.

Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, try and combo into Kano's Xray via trance!!! The scaling is absurd!

Plop

Noob
Here's another 2, meterless of course, starting with Quan this time.

jip, b31+2 tag 212 tag, b11trance tag, jip, b2f1upball = 40%

Presuming the opponent isnt Kung Lao or anybody with a good wake-up game, a sweep is pretty much garanteed afterwards, i THINK.

and this ones 44%, starting with Quan again
jip, b21, b21, b11trance tag, jip, b2f1upball

That's Quan done and dusted. Now for the rest of the cast. I'm curious as to who pairs up with Kano the best.

Plop

Noob
Just been playing around with Ermac. There's nothing special here, but here's what i got...

Starting with Kano:
1) 212, 212, tag, 22forcelift, jkteleport, forcepush (gotta be super-quick with the forcepush) = 40% (43% with a jip)
2) 212, tag, 22forcelift, jkteleport, 12forcepush = 40% (43% with a jip)
3) b112 tag, 22forcelift, jkteleport, 12 forcepush = 42% (45% with a jip)
4) f3b2, tag, 22forcelift, jkteleport, 12 forcepush = 41% (44%with a jip)

(With combos 2,3 and 4, i personally find that doing a 2forcelift instead of a 22forcelift makes it x10 easier to time, but you sacrifice 3%, so its up to you really)

Again, there are more damaging variations of these combos but i found these to be the most reliable. You could also use some enhanced moves or Ermac's Xray if you wanted (its piss-easy to combo into) but again thats up to you.

Starting with Ermac: Just do Ermac's own combos. Seriously.
There really is no need to tag. Ermac does mega damage on his own and trying to squeeze Kano in there just pointlessly complicates things.