What's new

Kano Revealed at Brazilian MK11 Event Konvocacao

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This Kano looks super young :confused:

Plot twist, this is actually Kano before he is a Black Dragon and is actually a good guy.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The fact you're complaining about people being disappointed their fav wasn't revealed. Maybe NRS should add more girls and meet some demand for the 'waifus' then.
Over the past 24 hours or so on Twitter I've seen anything from Tanya mega-fans claiming Kano isn't "relevant" to people telling NRS they need to make up for the Kombat Kast getting delayed by revealing another character -- even though it was delayed because their employees needed SAFETY.

That's just in the past 24 hours. Not to mention everything in the past like the Prince thing I mentioned. You can't tell me that some of these people aren't a little crazy. You can be a character loyalist and make requests without constantly spamming DEMANDS, pretending original characters don't matter, ignoring situations NRS staff may be in, and/or going to extremes such as using dead people as a way of getting what you want.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think the nutty feminazis with the “ more girls more girls” and the people who are entitled brats “ nrs give us more for canceling kombat kast” are both cancerous for mk and games in general. I can understand both gamer68 and mix’s points. Both of those types get on my nerves.

Interesting direction they took with him. MKX Kano looked like a man-machine hybrid who had gone through some shit. MK11 Kano looks more grounded and young, or if you're negative, like someone cosplaying as Kano lol. I think he is someone who can benefit from the less breakneck speed of MK11 though.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Nice! I like Kano. The old dirtbag Kano is the best though. I liked the way he strangled and spit on people. His laugh while choking people in mkx was awesome lol. Cool command grab variation. I dunno about younger Kano... he looks like an asshole but is he scumbag Kano?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Seriously, people getting mad when the trilogy cast returns are never going to be happy with this franchise. Like it or not, we are running on nostalgia here a lot of the time.
Hmm, I don’t think nostalgia is the right word.

I mean, look at the Nolan TDK trilogy villains. Scarecrow's first ever appearance dates back to 1941, Ra's to 1971, Falcone's to 1986, Joker to 1940, Harvey Dent to 1942, Catwoman to 1940, Talia al Ghul to 1973, and Bane to 1993. Not exactly spring chickens, you know?

Do you want to dismiss Nolan's villain choices as being rooted in nostalgia? Maybe in very small part. But there's a loooot more to it than that. In the public consciousness, you can't have Batman without the majority of Joker/Harvey/Catwoman/Bane/Scarecrow/Ra's/Penguin/Riddler these days. Same goes for the MK mainstays.

I'm not the biggest Kano fan of all time. Nor am I a big Johnny Cage fan. With that said, I think Boon has probably made it clear in a meeting at NRS years ago that the cast of mk1 is going to be in every MK fighting game going forward. They're all givens. If kano is in than Johnny is 100%.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I've gotten to a point where I don't necessarily care who's in anymore.

They managed to take a character who I don't like at all, Kano, and made him look visually dope.

Not a wasted slot to me at all. CoNViNCe ME OtheRWiSe :DOGE

But that being said I'm ready to see some female renders now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm not the biggest Kano fan of all time. Nor am I a big Johnny Cage fan. With that said, I think Boon has probably made it clear in a meeting at NRS years ago that the cast of mk1 is going to be in every MK fighting game going forward. They're all givens. If kano is in than Johnny is 100%.
Indeed, I’m not a huge fan of either but if Kano got in cage has to get in.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Looks like they really toned him down a bit. He looks much less bulky than he did in MKX. Anyway glad for the Kano fans out there!

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Hmm, I don’t think nostalgia is the right word.

I mean, look at the Nolan TDK trilogy villains. Scarecrow's first ever appearance dates back to 1941, Ra's to 1971, Falcone's to 1986, Joker to 1940, Harvey Dent to 1942, Catwoman to 1940, Talia al Ghul to 1973, and Bane to 1993. Not exactly spring chickens, you know?

Do you want to dismiss Nolan's villain choices as being rooted in nostalgia? Maybe in very small part. But there's a loooot more to it than that. In the public consciousness, you can't have Batman without the majority of Joker/Harvey/Catwoman/Bane/Scarecrow/Ra's/Penguin/Riddler these days. Same goes for the MK mainstays.
With MK, which was revived from the dead to great acclaim specifically by doing what was essentially a remake of MK Trilogy, I would indeed call it nostalgia. The property you're talking about has a much higher level of consistent market saturation over decades.

Aramonde

Noob
Oh great another game with both Kano and Sonya like we needed to explore that storyline again. I have a feeling this roster will be as worse as X's or just marginally better.