What's new

Kano online?

Is it true that Kano is one of the characters who is "unpunishable" online? When referring to "unpunishable" I mean the Upball. A Kabal player was complaining that I waited him out and that Kano is just lame online?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I don't think it's unpunishable, but you better be Sektor, Sonya, or someone else with a stupid fast combo starter if you want any chance of punishing consistently

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Just use your characters fastest standing jab, he'll at least need to respect a block string. I can even d1 with Liu, which is 10 frames.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Kano is still ass online, even in the laggiest of environments.

Upball is not a problem. Pokes/fast jabs/armor/whiff punishing > Upball.
Its a predictable special at that, and for what? 8% and a push away (so he can be outzoned even more)?

Is it true that Kano is one of the characters who is "unpunishable" online? When referring to "unpunishable" I mean the Upball. A Kabal player was complaining that I waited him out and that Kano is just lame online?
Kano offline = crap online: upball on block is not punish able, if it misses its hard to punish, dagger recover faster, sick frame advantajesm, if u dont believe me go play on PSN PearlMonkey, note he plays on a turbo controller dont know if that has any thing to do.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Hmm I have the impression that it's perceived I'm complaining about Kano's upball lol.
I'll answer your question, since I know what you mean, I punish every Kano player's upball on block with Stryker's 30% BNB in almost any amount of lag, unless it's underwater esque lag, then I can't, but it's not bad all for me.

Also, ignore people sending hate mail, I've gotten hatemail for beating people with Stryker on more than one occassion.

I'll answer your question, since I know what you mean, I punish every Kano player's upball on block with Stryker's 30% BNB in almost any amount of lag, unless it's underwater esque lag, then I can't, but it's not bad all for me.
Thanks. Yes, the connection was not terrible at all so he could of easily punished as a Kabal especially, he was a good enough player so I don't know why he was allowing me to Upball him at every opportunity and then proceed to make an excuse about it being unpunishable.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Woah, woah woah.....WOAH!

Online absurdity goes in this order.

1. Johnny cage
2. Ok reptile....
3. Kung Lao

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
LOL.

Mileena to replace Kung Lao though that chick is ridiculous.

You have a few frames less to punish stuff depending on the amount of lag you are in. You would have to react sooner to account for the input delay.

Whether or not he is unpunishable...I'm not certain. I haven't played enough Kanos to know. I do know I can't punish reptile's dash unless it is a really good connection.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Woah, woah woah.....WOAH!

Online absurdity goes in this order.

1. Johnny cage
2. Ok reptile....
3. Kung Lao

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
No, it's more like...

1. Kung Lao (spinning people's frame traps)
2. Mileena

and no one else is a problem.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
At the very least it is punishable by grab.

And nothinis punishable just because its online. That guy was a dip shit.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
Just use your characters fastest standing jab, he'll at least need to respect a block string. I can even d1 with Liu, which is 10 frames.
do not do this, the majority of the cast's "fastest standing jab" outside of d1 is going to whiff on kano while he's recovering from upball. i wish every kano naysayer here was going to CEO so i could ruin their nights, choking bitches and spitting on their characters. >:\

Enenra

Go to hell.
do not do this, the majority of the cast's "fastest standing jab" outside of d1 is going to whiff on kano while he's recovering from upball. i wish every kano naysayer here was going to CEO so i could ruin their nights, choking bitches and spitting on their characters. >:\
I don't give a fuck I'll take my free pressure