What's new

Kano juggle help

Sektor

Noob
Honestl,y I can't seem to do any juggle. I'm learning Kano, and I'm trying to learn his hp,hp,d+lp,d+hp,aahp,jk,airthrow combo and I can't! I never reach the guy in time to do the aahp and I can't run! How do you do it?

Sektor said:
Honestl,y I can't seem to do any juggle. I'm learning Kano, and I'm trying to learn his hp,hp,d+lp,d+hp,aahp,jk,airthrow combo and I can't! I never reach the guy in time to do the aahp and I can't run! How do you do it?
pretty much what you have to do is do a short run step before you aaHP. You have to wait for a little run bar to come back before you can run step. You also have to make sure you time the throw after the JK. A good way to work on the JK throw timing is to just launch a character and JK throw them. You will know you hit the JK before the throw if you hear the kick sound.

Hope this helps,
Jabs

The easiest way for me is to hold forward after the launcher and when you get close enough to punch do RUN, HP, RUN. This will give you a short burst of run before the punch and it cancels the punch quickly making the air-grab easier. You can do the same thing for H-smoke and his combos.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Doing the tight Run, HP, Run, makes the air throw happen closer to the ground. It is beneficial to Kano.

I am actually practicing with Kano since yesterday morning.

Scheisse said:
For some characters you don't even need the run in there.

Just do what Jabs said. Don't look at it as being a frustrating combo.
just walk in and run for a split second then hp, jk air throw.
And watch your run meter until you get the feel of it.
I do know for a fact that Jax is one of those characters, and somehow I also did the aaHP without running to a ninja (Reptile). Now that I read all this, I'm trying the run strat Dave mentioned. The combo is really not frustrating when you think about it, Sektor. Just keep trying dude, I know I am!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kano's fun to use, personally I don't see how he's as high as he is on the tier list but that's my personal view. 8)

Houzi

Noob
Kano has really easy to pull off combos. But I was wondering if his punching combo, can you do that combo then when the opponent gets launched into the air can you jump up with him and time it so that right when you're opponent hits the ground you start the combo again. Idk how people do it but I've seen it before with kabal and it's Sick.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Houzi88 said:
Kano has really easy to pull off combos. But I was wondering if his punching combo, can you do that combo then when the opponent gets launched into the air can you jump up with him and time it so that right when you're opponent hits the ground you start the combo again. Idk how people do it but I've seen it before with kabal and it's Sick.
That's called a relaunch. Kano can relaunch everybody (not everybody can relaunch everybody else).

Tim Static

Adminerator
Scheisse said:
MKF30 said:
Kano's fun to use, personally I don't see how he's as high as he is on the tier list but that's my personal view. 8)
Good Kano's are damn near impossible to hit.
Jump over them = upward ball
Run jabs = ball
Jk = knife uppercut
A serious jk that is hard to aaHp and his launching jp is a bitch to counter as well

Not to mention he has 4 launch combos and a nice long combo for mix ups.
His launch combos set him up to run in for more chip damage or another combo.

He can be used as one of the most aggressive characters in the game and he is probably one of the few characters that you could successfully turtle with in umk3. He beast yo.

There just isn't many good Kano players. Less than just about any other character.
Quoted for truth.

I think the main reason you dont see alot of Kanos is because its difficult to be as effective with him on a pad. Its hard to keep that vital LK charged unless you have a stick. But again, a good Kano is scary.

Tim Static said:
Scheisse said:
MKF30 said:
Run jabs = ball
Jk = knife uppercut
A serious jk that is hard to aaHp and his launching jp is a bitch to counter as well

He can be used as one of the most aggressive characters in the game and he is probably one of the few characters that you could successfully turtle with in umk3. He beast yo.

There just isn't many good Kano players. Less than just about any other character.
Quoted for truth.

I think the main reason you dont see alot of Kanos is because its difficult to be as effective with him on a pad. Its hard to keep that vital LK charged unless you have a stick. But again, a good Kano is scary.
That is true Tim, I love kano he is a damn beast.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sir-Jabs-Alot said:
Tim Static said:
Scheisse said:
MKF30 said:
Run jabs = ball
Jk = knife uppercut

Quoted for truth.

That is true Tim, I love kano he is a damn beast.
I do too, but I have fallen off with him becasue I cant play him online with a stick....yet. I feel like a total noob using him on XBL or the DS. :oops:

But Kano is every bit high tier for a reason, and very deservely so.

Houzi

Noob
Is there anything special about relaunches? Like is it all the timing in the jump towards the opponent after you just launched them and right before they hit the ground do the combo again, or do you have to do something special?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Houzi88 said:
Is there anything special about relaunches? Like is it all the timing in the jump towards the opponent after you just launched them and right before they hit the ground do the combo again, or do you have to do something special?
Relauchers are like the holy grail of autocombos on UMK3. Basically, your putting the enemy in the air to inflict unblockable damage. And with the ability to throw in possible relauch infinites, and/or at least the chance to punish with high amount of damage (Man, I think about Sonya's aaHP, JK Leg grab is like 43%!!!)

This is why Kano is so dangerous too. He has many options of possiblites for high damage after relauch.

But Kano is only so effective on a stupid pad or DS... :eek: