What's new

Kano Frame Data

PeeJaeys

Sabi
About to post it up here. Give it a second. These may be incorrect as I have yet to re-evaluate them. It's pretty late where I'm at so, I'll recheck them when I have time. If there's anything I didn't include please let me know. I will be putting up Active Frames, and Recover Frames as Soon as I get another controller.

Kano Start Up Frames

:fp : 11
:bp : 10
:bk : 15
:fk : 18

:l :fp : 12
:l :bp : 23
:l :bk : 21
:l :fk : 18

:d :fp : 6
:d :bp : 11
:d :fk : 7
:d :bk : 12

:r :fp : 12
:r :bp : 12
:r :bk : 28
:r :fk : 17

Jump Punch :

Up Ball : 8
Kano Ball : 8
Choke : 10
Knife Toss : 45 (Full Screen)
Knife Toss : 16 (Close)
Air Throw: 9

X- Ray: 28

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Upball has to be at least 8 frames since it gained 2 startup frames.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Did it gain it in the past 5 hours? I'll recheck right now. Since it's just one thing. Yeah it's definitely 8 I was looking at the wrong paper. I write them in a note book before posting them up. =o

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
One of the changes in the hotfix was the upball nerfs on startup and recovery, which listed a 2f gain in startup. Just a change that has been there.

does anyone know how much kanos upball recovery is?
I'm 99% certain it's -14 on block.

Back when it used to be mostly safe, I was at a tournament watching some people test it with Raiden. Superman could punish the ball but it required perfect timing and happened very rarely. So, we can safely assume it was -8 then since that's what superman was.

And now, moves such as Reptile's 321 (13 frames IIRC) can punish it but have a very hard time doing so. Between that and NRS saying they increased the ball's recovery by 6 frames, I'm confident in saying it's -14.

Really? That doesn't fit superman always being able to punish it, unless NRS goofed and said +6 recovery when they meant +5.

Thinking of a good move to test that...did you try Mileena's 4? It's 14 frames and can't be crouched.

Somberness

Lights
I'll check again when I get back on the latest version, but superman is 10 frames so it can punish it fine. At least upball is not like in the first version of the game where it was -26, but had a 6 frame startup.

I'll check again when I get back on the latest version, but superman is 10 frames so it can punish it fine.
I meant that superman could punish the ball even when it used to be "safe". Also, superman was originally 8 frames but I'm not sure when that was changed - I'm referring to the patch in late May here. I always assumed it was 8 frames at least back then.

Somberness

Lights
Sigh, up ball is one of those sketchy attacks where recovery changes depending on when you hit them.
touching -13
a little bit away came up as -15

I guess it was actually -7 but only when touching, that is why Raiden could punish it at times.

So when are we going to get the rest of the frame data for Kano? better yet, how do I go about getting it myself? Also where do i find some high level Kano match videos?

Flagg

Noob
How much advantage does Kano get from a blocked Ex Knife?

Did you guys know, that 112 builds about 28% of a bar on block? You can build a whole bar from 112, 112, 112, 11. Damn, imagine if 11 hit mid instead of high...

I know these aren't frame traps, but I put the training dummy on block last night, and with three bars you can 112, ex knife, 112, ex knife, 112, ex knife, 112 ex knife. That's 4 ex knifes due to how quickly you build meter with 112 from three bars.

Again, I know these aren't frame traps and the opponent can duck the 11 and just poke, but im tempted to break down Kanos pokes and attacks, a bit like how Mayo did with QC, because im pretty sure Kano must have some really nasty frame traps that hasn't been uncovered yet.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
How much advantage does Kano get from a blocked Ex Knife?

Did you guys know, that 112 builds about 28% of a bar on block? You can build a whole bar from 112, 112, 112, 11. Damn, imagine if 11 hit mid instead of high...

I know these aren't frame traps, but I put the training dummy on block last night, and with three bars you can 112, ex knife, 112, ex knife, 112, ex knife, 112 ex knife. That's 4 ex knifes due to how quickly you build meter with 112 from three bars.

Again, I know these aren't frame traps and the opponent can duck the 11 and just poke, but im tempted to break down Kanos pokes and attacks, a bit like how Mayo did with QC, because im pretty sure Kano must have some really nasty frame traps that hasn't been uncovered yet.
Can the opponent poke after b112 ex knife?

Crathen

Death is my business
I think EX knife is minus frames at point blank range something around -1 or -2 , also i know that you can armor through b2( both followups and you can duck the choke ) and f3(2)

B2 1 En Knife over and over will jail them in the preasure. realisticly this drains too much meter to do three times. but if your good with En knife, its awesome pressure tool

however if there blocking it they can duck under en knife, but wont help them much
also they can armor through it, but som Ex moves can be punnished on start up.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Maybe if we all hold hands and pray, Somberness will grace us w/ complete frame data for Kano soon.
Or maybe we should leave cookies and milk... or... brownies and scotch?