What's new

Kano Discussion

Tim Static

Adminerator
* try it offline until you get the timing down before you try it online. Otherwise, your timing will always be off.

just gotta run/walk in before you punish

it's like that with pretty much everyone. kitana, reptile, fuck even ermac I run in before I hp teleslam.

thanks for the tips :O hard practicing offline cause getting the telepunch than blocking with another controller is quite annoying.

if anyone is willing to go a few rounds and help me get this down i'd be very grateful either way thanks for the tips :O GG

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ah yes, Bill was playing 24 Hour Kabal there, or as I call him, "7-11" Kabal, he probably should have lost the 2nd and 3rd rounds lol. He won round 2 because of frame advantage and round 3 because of a Busta Choke!

Ah yes, Bill was playing 24 Hour Kabal there, or as I call him, "7-11" Kabal, he probably should have lost the 2nd and 3rd rounds lol. He won round 2 because of frame advantage and round 3 because of a Busta Choke!

Did people not Kara jab back then? Seems like he ate way more cannonballs then any one man should have to.

i would like to play some good Kano players if anybody is up for it
I remember i played you a couple times. wherever i picked Kano you got pissed. ^____^; But since i retired, and only play on kaillera, and i completely suck on kaillera, i don't think we can have matches anymore.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kara jabbing has been used since before even MK3 was released in the arcade, but the actual logic behind it was only really developed a little before the time of that clip (approximately 3 years ago) and Bill hadn't really played the game all but a couple times within the few years or so before that day, sort of a coming out of retirement night. I remember talking to Lex about it one night on AIM discussing how much this affects Kabal by baiting spins with Kara jabs. Bill's block finger is also a little slow.

Goblin Bones

Graveyard Glow
I remember i played you a couple times. wherever i picked Kano you got pissed. ^____^; But since i retired, and only play on kaillera, and i completely suck on kaillera, i don't think we can have matches anymore.
my kano has greatly inproved since then

acid would you do me a favor and put down a couple of rush string examples because i've noticed kanos jabs are pretty easily counterable.

acid would you do me a favor and put down a couple of rush string examples because i've noticed kanos jabs are pretty easily counterable.
The MKK team has a kano guide, and it is a video.

It has examples of just about everything kano you would ever need to know.

The link is around here somewhere and it is on youtube too

quick question.. how much damage does kano's ground combo do - HK,D+LP, HP, JK, Airthrow .. and is there a better equally simple in lag situation combo to do ?

dreemernj

Ambassador
quick question.. how much damage does kano's ground combo do - HK,D+LP, HP, JK, Airthrow .. and is there a better equally simple in lag situation combo to do ?
I think everything but the Airthrow would be included in the damage readout (19%?). And the air throw probably does 4 or 5% more than that. I'm guessing but that sounds about right.

do the gangsta move Popup, deepjk, choke.

But an easy combo would be the same combo except with popup, run burst aahp, jk airthrow...

not much, but kanos pop up moves are basic.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Can we do one of these threads for human smoke? I would love that :p:rolleyes::cool:
Like someone said, do a searchand see what you find. There are probably a few threads about him and bumping old threads is OK here as long as you bump it with an interesting new fact or an interesting question.