What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn Kahnbos for Kotal. How to punch gooder and Kotal your way to greatness. (Under construction)

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
So i was labbing WG's optimal hkd combos and found that on jason,jax,goro,raiden,quan and kotal u can do b14xxEXdb1,f2,f2,f1b2xxdf2 for 40%. Doesnt work against any other characters.

E

Eldriken

So i was labbing WG's optimal hkd combos and found that on jason,jax,goro,raiden,quan and kotal u can do b14xxEXdb1,f2,f2,f1b2xxdf2 for 40%. Doesnt work against any other characters.
Huh. Good to know. Is this in the corner only or anywhere on the screen? Also, is it something that requires tight execution? If so, I'd rather just omit the second f2 for consistency's sake and keeping the hard knockdown. =P

Osagri

Huh. Good to know. Is this in the corner only or anywhere on the screen? Also, is it something that requires tight execution? If so, I'd rather just omit the second f2 for consistency's sake and keeping the hard knockdown. =P
It works mid and in corner. Take it to the lab, I find it pretty easy.

Osagri

But I would in corner just do b14xxExdb2,f2,114xxbf2 coz it works against all, it's easier and does only 2% less dmg

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
I've found the link for this is extremely hard to hit, especially online. Maybe with a lot of practice it'll be worth throwing in, but right now I think its not worth it.

Osagri

I've found the link for this is extremely hard to hit, especially online. Maybe with a lot of practice it'll be worth throwing in, but right now I think its not worth it.
I have been landing this pretty consistently even in online.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Forgive me if this isn't new, I haven't played the game since PC was discontinued. But has Kotal been able to do f2 x4 into b14 before this patch? The regular Sun God BnB with a one bar and level 3 does 49% vs. 47% this way.

Osagri

Forgive me if this isn't new, I haven't played the game since PC was discontinued. But has Kotal been able to do f2 x4 into b14 before this patch? The regular Sun God BnB with a one bar and level 3 does 49% vs. 47% this way.
In corner,yes

mkl

Poopbutt.
In corner,yes
I am doing this midscreen. I tested it a bunch and it's very finicky obviously. On males it seems to be doable from mid range of f2. Females you need max range. Either way the timing of it is pretty ridiculous.

Osagri

Ca
I am doing this midscreen. I tested it a bunch and it's very finicky obviously. On males it seems to be doable from mid range of f2. Females you need max range. Either way the timing of it is pretty ridiculous.
Can u do f2x4,b14xxEXdf1,b14xxchoke?

mkl

Poopbutt.
Ca
Can u do f2x4,b14xxEXdf1,b14xxchoke?
Yes. The entire combo works and does 49%. So it's probably not worth how much more difficult it is to do. I knew about the 4x in the corner but throughout all of my testing I was never ever able to get 4x midscreen, but maybe my execution is better after not playing for a year?

Yes. The entire combo works and does 49%. So it's probably not worth how much more difficult it is to do. I knew about the 4x in the corner but throughout all of my testing I was never ever able to get 4x midscreen, but maybe my execution is better after not playing for a year?
Wow, thats impressive, landing 4x F2 has to be realy hard tho. Basicly you are adding 2% of damage for the risk of dropping the combo most likely...I would definitely stick with 3x F2, but that fact that you are abled to hit F2 4 times is pretty cool :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
F2 4 times has never been worth it.

That's because you can't do it if you hit them when

Crouching
Poking
Jumping
Close

F2 has different height or gravity depending on those states. Crouching, for example, doesn't launch them nearly as high as when caught standing.
So it's extremely rare to catch them in a situation where you could've done it.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
I sometimes don´t know what to do when I catch them jumping. I try to follow my F2 with a NJP but sometimes fail the follow up. LOL
thats totally a read kinda situation. When I see them hitting top of screen even with the adjustment I njp, otherwise I play it safe and convert with the s1, f2, b12xx

mkl

Poopbutt.
F2 4 times has never been worth it.

That's because you can't do it if you hit them when

Crouching
Poking
Jumping
Close

F2 has different height or gravity depending on those states. Crouching, for example, doesn't launch them nearly as high as when caught standing.
So it's extremely rare to catch them in a situation where you could've done it.
I have not seen a post about it even being possible so I had no idea it was possible before this patch. And yes, like I said it's not a real viable option. Just interesting.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Not sure if I'm being trolled, or if the joke is going over my head - but 5 pages of replies and no one bothered to inform this kind gentleman that 'gooder' is not a word? :D

I've never used the Kahn before so I have no other contribution. It was simply the title that pulled me in :-P

Nice thread otherwise! I know where to start if I ever decide to try him out.
I know it isn't a word, I was just taking artistic liberty for the sake of an entertaining title. =]