What's new

Breakthrough Kabal's overhead has less pushback when fuzzy guarded and may be unsafe?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ya boi yung strike has tha footage of the just frame punish on smoke bawmb at the 35th second of the 3rd minute ya dig:

Too bad ya boi middle aged Hanzo chickened out on the hit confirm and did dat granny ass footsies rax punish

coolwhip

Noob
Ya boi yung strike has tha footage of the just frame punish on smoke bawmb at the 35th second of the 3rd minute ya dig:

Too bad ya boi middle aged Hanzo chickened out on the hit confirm and did dat granny ass footsies rax punish
The most broken match-up in the game lol.

STRYKIE

What happened to him ?
He keeps pretending that he has better things to do than using his recording equipment to count properties of moves at 1 frame per second for a community that's less than 1% of the game's total userbase. :DOGE

But in all seriousness he hasn't logged in since early 2013, and unfortunately it seems nobody has contact with him outside of TYM. So who knows.

The most broken match-up in the game lol.
That whole match pretty much demonstrated all the stupid shit in this game... and on the contrary, it was still godlike to watch.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
The thing about nrs games is that it has massive block stun so even if you block a -7 move you wont be able to punish it with KL spin bc KL has to recover from block stun. And by the time he does its already to late to punish it, plus pushblock matters a lot too.

STRYKIE

The thing about nrs games is that it has massive block stun so even if you block a -7 move you wont be able to punish it with KL spin bc KL has to recover from block stun. And by the time he does its already to late to punish it, plus pushblock matters a lot too.
It should be actually be easier to punish things with spin (provided it's in range) since you can buffer the input while you're still recovering from the blockstun.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Btw, many times people either dont block or dont block in time if they are not used to being counter poked. So many times in actual matches even if a real punish doesnt occur you will still hit people after a blocked d1.

People have accused me of punishing d3s before even though its not possible, just because they have to piano the block input otherwise its too late.
i think ive punished d3 with lao spin (dunno if he blocked late but pretty sure i punished it) @Biggs was it u?

btw i know u cant punish d3 if they block with anyone elses normals or wat not, but i was just wondering if d3 is truely punished by lao spiin cuz it seemed like i was gettin it quite a bit. i dont play lao often so just wondering

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i think ive punished d3 with lao spin (dunno if he blocked late but pretty sure i punished it) @Biggs was it u?

btw i know u cant punish d3 if they block with anyone elses normals or wat not, but i was just wondering if d3 is truely punished by lao spiin cuz it seemed like i was gettin it quite a bit. i dont play lao often so just wondering
Its been years since I tested it but im fairly certain the pushback from a blocked d3 puts you out of range of spin from being a punish. Maybe in the corner it can work

STRYKIE

ahh gotcha it doesnt catch the active frames at all?
Pretty sure the spin is just plain out of range. Reptile's dash should be able to punish a blocked D3 but given the circumstances you're better off just taking the free blockstring IMO.

Last edited:

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Pretty sure the spin is just plain out of range. Reptile's dash should be able to punish a blocked D3 but given the circumstances you're better off just taking the free blocking IMO.
act like most ppl here hit confirm d3s lmao Kappa

but yah on a serious note i would 21 them after, but i was curious and tried it a few times and they said i got it i cant remember who was against