What's new

Kaballin – A Kabal guide

Crathen

Death is my business
Yeah i know about that , in fact i think i'll update the guide with the must know combos.

Crathen

Death is my business
Updated the guide for the new discoveries and hit/block frame data , also put a link to the Combo thread wich at the end of the combo section.

I fought a kabal in this tournament, and sometimes he could armor through my fb sometimes he gets hit. How is nomad dash in term of armor? (start up frame, how many frames it last, does it go full screen, what it is in term of wake up ect?)

Crathen

Death is my business
I fought a kabal in this tournament, and sometimes he could armor through my fb sometimes he gets hit. How is nomad dash in term of armor? (start up frame, how many frames it last, does it go full screen, what it is in term of wake up ect?)
Well Ex Nomad Dash has armor for the first startups frames , i don't know exactly how much so i'll just ask Somberness :)

I can tell you that the armor doesn't go fullscreen and it gets the standard 8 frames of invincibility on Wakeup.

mekane

Noob
It has armored startup, so 11 frames (12 minus the first frame because of the meter drain bug!). And wakeup attacks have 11 frames of invincibility now.
So, is there no point in using EX-dash on wakeup, if the armor is are both 11 frames?

BTW, I can't figure out why, but sometimes my normal Nomad Dash wakeup gets stuffed in the first 11 frames, why this is?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Regular dash/spin even though has invincibility frames its not safe nor gives you high possibility of getting out of pressure/projectiles.
That is why all smart Kabals go with ex dash as wakeup. Cause there is low risk that the dash will get interrupted by anything.
I suggest you reed the guide cause you sound like a noob that defensively needs to reed on Kabals fighting technique and game play.

Btw, havent you noticed Jax going into ex dash punch on wake up? have you wondered why is that? guess what, cause it has armor and nothing will get through it. Same goes to few other characters that has armor on ex moves.

mekane

Noob
Regular dash/spin even though has invincibility frames its not safe nor gives you high possibility of getting out of pressure/projectiles.
That is why all smart Kabals go with ex dash as wakeup. Cause there is low risk that the dash will get interrupted by anything.
I suggest you reed the guide cause you sound like a noob that defensively needs to reed on Kabals fighting technique and game play.

Btw, havent you noticed Jax going into ex dash punch on wake up? have you wondered why is that? guess what, cause it has armor and nothing will get through it. Same goes to few other characters that has armor on ex moves.
Are you responding to me? Because if so you didn't read very well.

It seems I am getting knocked out in the first 11 frames, when I apparently should be invincible.

I forgot that Ex Dash is faster than Dash - I think that is the answer I was looking for... so on wakeup, if you do Dash, you get 11 frames of wakeup invincibility, which means in the last 7 frames you can be hit out. Where as Ex Dash armor lasts the same amount of time (or does it actually last 12 since 13 is the frame data listed for it?), but the move finishes faster than regular dash.

And no I'm not a noob, I have read most of this forum already, and Jax is actually my main along with Shang Tsung.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Why the hostility, MoonSpell? You've always seemed pretty chill. His question is valid. 11 frames should be 11 frames.

For mekane, I think the issue is even though the game will say "wakeup attack" for specials on wakeup, only certain ones are true wakeup attacks and granted the invincibility frames. Just ask any Sektor player. It's possible the dash isn't a true wakeup attack.

Saltea Moonspell

Yeah soonk, i was pissed of the other day and i guess thats why i responded that way. Anyway - i apologize ;]
Peace out.

drift221

Shocking Your System
hey im a new kabal player. What does the l mean in the instant air gas blast ? ( :ul :ul + :fp )
any tips on how to do them really low?

drift221

Shocking Your System
seriously?hes asking how to do them, patience doesnt matter if he doesnt know the inputs

drift221

upback upback 1, make sure you press both up and back at the same time
one more noob question does it matter if my SE stick has a 4-way plate? Meaning can i just use the diagonal or do i have to do up and back ?

Saltea Moonspell

As far as I remember I was doing it up and then back on stick and it use to work for me. Though I am playing on pad since forever so am not 100% sure.

Is this guide like severly outdated cus the stuff he mentions in the OP don't add up with the actual frame data Somberness posted, nothing he states that's "safe on block" is safe...is this under the assumption that you're NDCing?