What's new

Kabal vs Sub-zero

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
Any tips to beat someone good with sub-zero (unmasked)? im trying play with kabal but against sub-zero i cant do it well because they stop to me to rushdown with the ice clone and i dont the type of player that turtle a lot. maybe i must wait to sub-zero come to me?

eksyte

Noob
Make them think you're gonna rush them so that they drop a clone, then do what you can to exploit them not having any ice specials. Avoid the clone and try to land an autocombo or start run-jabbing them. Even if you don't land anything, you're still dealing damage and you're still in control of the match.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Usub is really not a threat to Kabal unless he blindly rushes. Bait normal ice throws and jump in for a free 39-42% combo. If you are too far and jump in, they will most likely do an ice clone to stop you from rushing in and you can do a low air fireball to catch them.

Point is, be patient. When you get in, stay in. Don't fret if you get hit by a couple random slides, if you keep your run jabs tight, you will hit him out of the slide every time.

Once you corner his ass, it's over. What is he going to do? c.lk, uppercut? nah... jump out? LOL no, that's free aaSpin combos to back in the corner.

Just be patient and take advantage of your opportunities.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
thanks to both of you! so basicly i have to:

1-run jab
2-get him in the corner
3-force him to do missed ice clones
4-be patience

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The most important part is to be in control of the match. Don't think that just because Sub has a clone out that he is in control.

A good example would be when he has his clone out, you start doing low air fireballs. He thinks he can sneak in an iceball when the clone wears off, but you are watching for this. The clone disappears and he does the iceball, you jump in for a jump punch starter combo for 39-42% then rush him down to the corner and say GG

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He can freeze and shower the instant it disappears, he can't do another ice clone for about 3 seconds.

Kisame

Noob
Shock : you :D say what I want to say .

and i will add you can start the game from the 1st second by tactical attack then back to defend ... Also subzero is normal in the attack compare to Usubzero.

Gogata

Noob
Don't just go rushing randomly. That's bad against every character. Kabal is not so good against Sub Zero to be honest. If he is about to catch you with the ice blast while you are in air, fire the BB+HP blast with hopes it might hit him. When you're close trap him with jabs and rush down with the LK,LK,HP,HP,D+HP or LK,LK,HP,HP,HK,B+HK if you're in the corner. Jumping over his ice blast is also a good way to punish him and waiting for him to jump is, too, as he will be totally defenseless in many situations, since Kabal has that spin move.