What's new

Match-up Discussion Kabal vs Kenshi MU Discussion /w Video

REO

Undead
You speak the truth honestly

Especially the dizzy comparison - Id love to run this hours on end or however long we can at NEC. Thanks for your help in here and games at MLG.

We both can learn a lot from watching this and it'll only push us both to be better and others as well that use our characters.

But you're wrong about something, you're not "one of the best kabals" you are in fact the best Kabal. Dont downplay yourself 2 time champ. LBSH
If there's anything important I learned from playing you, it's that Kenshi is a big threat when he has Kabal in the corner. During the end of our set I started playing more of a mid-screen game with less zoning and a LOT of focus on positioning. I know we both wanted to keep going, but there was a lot of other players who wanted to play and it's not fair if we hog the stream for ourselves. It's bad enough it's KUH-BAWL and howKenshiSlap, do you really think people want to see a marathon with these two characters? Lol. But the constant swaying with our game plan strategies was really fun. I'll admit I was wrong thinking Kenshi was one of those characters Kabal can just auto-pilot victory against with instant aerial gas blasts alone, though.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I was about to say what reo said. You been working on the kabal match up for about 2 months strong while we haven't. Once we study the match I feel a better understanding if how the match is can be said. I do feel you knowing the match so well gives kabal trouble as opposed to all other kenshis who will get beat pretty bad without kabal putting much effort. I beat porkchop pretty bad in tournament 3-0. He was no way playing the match like you were.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I was about to say what reo said. You been working on the kabal match up for about 2 months strong while we haven't. Once we study the match I feel a better understanding if how the match is can be said. I do feel you knowing the match so well gives kabal trouble as opposed to all other kenshis who will get beat pretty bad without kabal putting much effort. I beat porkchop pretty bad in tournament 3-0. He was no way playing the match like you were.
I posted the video to help kabals and Kenshi and basically all of us grow stronger

Ill get stronger also in the MU cause i see what reo changed up and its very helpful

He played it more of a footsie game mid screen and jump distance away

Forces even heavier discipline

REO

Undead
I posted the video to help kabals and Kenshi and basically all of us grow stronger

Ill get stronger also in the MU cause i see what reo changed up and its very helpful

He played it more of a footsie game mid screen and jump distance away

Forces even heavier discipline
Yeah, I'm surprised how quickly the match-up evolved from just a small set. The match-up went from being an easy "just outzone Kenshi" fight to something else. I'm sure it will keep evolving since footsies is one of Kenshi's strongest tools. I can sense it.

Owerbart

I miss you
Very informative. I would love to see this MU played with more experience from both sides, and then get more conclussions. Still feels like Kabal with proper training gets it though.

Gotta love that S Tier fraternity lol.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
btw even if kabal has the life lead in a round kenshi can still come back by making some sick reads. Ask Reo about the greatest comeback that no one ever saw.

Reactions: REO

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Please ignore the awful fighting at the end of this, but if it's helpful this is the first breakdown of the matchup I did nearly a year ago. It's not so much about exactly how to fight Kabal (I was new to it at the time, and my friend wasn't really a Kabal main), but it does clearly show all the disadvantages Kenshi has in the match and what you have to be careful about.

Pig Of The Hut

Please ignore the awful fighting at the end of this, but if it's helpful this is the first breakdown of the matchup I did nearly a year ago. It's not so much about exactly how to fight Kabal (I was new to it at the time, and my friend wasn't really a Kabal main), but it does clearly show all the disadvantages Kenshi has in the match and what you have to be careful about.

I think the only disadvantage kenshi has is high hitbox

reflect works

saw is 2% chip

kenshi controls more space than realized and godlike sc reactions send Spinners bye bye

In the corner the game is in kenshi favor - kabals at highest level are forced to play midscreen footsie game

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I think the only disadvantage kenshi has is high hitbox

reflect works

saw is 2% chip

kenshi controls more space than realized and godlike sc reactions send Spinners bye bye

In the corner the game is in kenshi favor - kabals at highest level are forced to play midscreen footsie game
Yeah the high hit box is the biggest problem. I think the inability to trade effectively is also a disadvantage though. Hitting him with flurry or SC while also taking a gas ball to the face is never great because of the damage being in his favor usually. But the corner is where it all changes. EX SC all the way.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Kabals an asshole but I think I get to play wrath today so piggy ill be trying kenshi instead of subby and ill try all the shit you've said that only works for you for whatever reason.

Pig Of The Hut

Kabals an asshole but I think I get to play wrath today so piggy ill be trying kenshi instead of subby and ill try all the shit you've said that only works for you for whatever reason.

Don't jump
Punch the bully in the face first
Control the match pace
Breathe

Blind_Ducky

Don't jump
Punch the bully in the face first
Control the match pace
Breathe
So after I shake his hand I should punch him in the nose? Also I just watched the video. Where are your reflects?!? Your the one who's like "OH YEAH REFLECT DAT SHIT MIDSCREEN" he's stupid good at controlling the pace except vs subby. Hehehe sub vs Kabal > kenshi vs Kabal x10000000. In casuals ill go kenshi but in the tournament ill probably go sub. If I stopped breathing I'd pass out.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Something to note once you corner kabal if you can read well and have the situation as controlled as possible you can predict when he will use ex dash to get out.

Pig Of The Hut

So after I shake his hand I should punch him in the nose? Also I just watched the video. Where are your reflects?!? Your the one who's like "OH YEAH REFLECT DAT SHIT MIDSCREEN" he's stupid good at controlling the pace except vs subby. Hehehe sub vs Kabal > kenshi vs Kabal x10000000. In casuals ill go kenshi but in the tournament ill probably go sub. If I stopped breathing I'd pass out.
he kept firing right above my head

Blind_Ducky

Pig Of The Hut, well sir I finally agree that Kabal kenshi is 6-4 Kabal. I played wrath in a ft5. I won 5-1. When we played in the tournament he switch from Kabal to Lao at the select screen after I picked kenshi. He beat me then I beat him then he went Kabal and it was ridiculously close and ended 3-2 wrath in the 3rd round. I reflected iagbs mid screen and you were right, he couldn't fire another therefore I got a free down slash. I have no reason to main sub anymore, although I probably will. Also I beat michealangelo in a ft10 kenshi mirror 10-7 and that made my ego increase x100000 also wrath for the first time instead of asking for winner take all he said split it between 1st & 2nd so again my ego has inflated x1000000 and I won the tourny so again fuck you inflation x10000000 AND that was the first time I went straight kenshi in a tourny.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut, well sir I finally agree that Kabal kenshi is 6-4 Kabal. I played wrath in a ft5. I won 5-1. When we played in the tournament he switch from Kabal to Lao at the select screen after I picked kenshi. He beat me then I beat him then he went Kabal and it was ridiculously close and ended 3-2 wrath in the 3rd round. I reflected iagbs mid screen and you were right, he couldn't fire another therefore I got a free down slash. I have no reason to main sub anymore, although I probably will. Also I beat michealangelo in a ft10 kenshi mirror 10-7 and that made my ego increase x100000 also wrath for the first time instead of asking for winner take all he said split it between 1st & 2nd so again my ego has inflated x1000000 and I won the tourny so again fuck you inflation x10000000 AND that was the first time I went straight kenshi in a tourny.

Yay!!!!

When a kabal player has to switch from kabal to another character it's truly embarrassing

It's like shitting your pants in public except you're wearing a dress and that morning decided to go commando

Blind_Ducky

Yay!!!!

When a kabal player has to switch from kabal to another character it's truly embarrassing

It's like shitting your pants in public except you're wearing a dress and that morning decided to go commando
I've made wrath switch to kit from Kabal when I had sub. And I still won:) IM SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!! And I'm actually convinced that I'm not as shitty as I thought I was. AHHHHHHH happy times. Next weekend lots o casuals and the in 2 weeks a tourny and now my next target is fucking WoundCowboy.

Pig Of The Hut

I've made wrath switch to kit from Kabal when I had sub. And I still won:) IM SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!! And I'm actually convinced that I'm not as shitty as I thought I was. AHHHHHHH happy times. Next weekend lots o casuals and the in 2 weeks a tourny and now my next target is fucking WoundCowboy.
Destroy him lol

Defend the blindfold

You're incredible kenshi player imo

Blind_Ducky

Destroy him lol

Defend the blindfold

You're incredible kenshi player imo
I'm gona get a red morph suit thing and cut a blind fold from it and where it every tourny and I'm gona get a psyduck doll and put a red bandanna on it and put it in my sweatshirt with the head sticking out at every tourny cuz I'm just that fucking #swag