What's new

Match-up Discussion Kabal vs Kenshi MU Discussion /w Video

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Yeah, I would agree. Those were some great games btw. You will have to play me and AC at NEC to finalize your Kabal list.

How do you think Level size affects the match-up? I am curious, but imo I don't think it matters to to much

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Well if the best player with each character battle it out and the Kabal wins, but not by too much it's a 6-4 you can't really argue.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I agree with the pig on this one I feel once kenshi puts kabal in time out in the corner the match becomes equally hard for kabal.

YoungTrunks

There's a storm coming
How do you feel on the Kung Lao vs Kenshi? Is it worse then this mu or the same? I play Kung Lao a little but don't have near enough knowledge to talk about his mu's.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Weren't you just saying it was 5-5 like 2 seconds ago? lol forgive me if i misheard.
yea i was, Im having a hard time honestly deciding 5-5 or 4-6

I think the resonable answer is 4-6 but i feel very confident against kabal but dont want that to dillute the true #s

i believe REO said 4-6 kabal favor when we were done and i trust his opinion on this over mine.

Pig Of The Hut

How do you feel on the Kung Lao vs Kenshi? Is it worse then this mu or the same? I play Kung Lao a little but don't have near enough knowledge to talk about his mu's.
Honestly

And this is NO downplaying and NO bullshit

I think it's either 2-8 or 3-7 lao favor

You guys in no way should go off pocket lao usage which even then does hella good on Kenshis

When you see pro level players w pro level kung laos who 100% understand the MU, I dont care how good the kenshi player is that MU is f ing terrible

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Honestly

And this is NO downplaying and NO bullshit

I think it's either 2-8 or 3-7 lao favor

You guys in no way should go off pocket lao usage which even then does hella good on Kenshis

When you see pro level players w pro level kung laos who 100% understand the MU, I dont care how good the kenshi player is that MU is f ing terrible
Matchup is 6.5/7 - 3.5/3 Lao favor.

One wrong read by the kenshi player and he ll eat a jip/teleport 3 combo for 45 %. Bottom line lao is just way too fast for homeslice Kenshi, add that to the godzilla hitbox kenshi has and it is a done deal

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Regarding this matchup, i was helping cat prepare his Kabal to paly porkshop vs my pocket kenshi and i noticed that the macthup isnt really that bad.

The most important thing i would say regarding this match up is the stage. if you pick the pit stage it is then 5 -5 otherwise if you opponent selects a bigger stage especially rooftop then it is 6-4

Pig Of The Hut

Matchup is 6.5/7 - 3.5/3 Lao favor.

One wrong read by the kenshi player and he ll eat a jip/teleport 3 combo for 45 %. Bottom line lao is just way too fast for homeslice Kenshi, add that to the godzilla hitbox kenshi has and it is a done deal
Lao MU sucks lol

For every cage/kit i fight (which honestly doesnt happen anymore) i fight a lao and kabal

Winter

Alfred Hitchcock reincarnated.
Your Kabal helped a lot

look forward to more games

BTW why is b12 far easier to interrupt online??

so confused
I get interrupted all time time by laos D3 -____- I really don't understand why, online is just dumb :( We have to run this matchup at NEC btw :D

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Can we have a numbercrunch on the frames of Kenshi's options to poke out and ndc options? Just for comparison.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Having actually obtained a score of 4-6 against DetroitBallin's Kabal in tournament and recently routing MortySeinfield's about 3-0, I'm fairly sure I can put it about 4-6.

What changed my mind was that I did not know the lowest possible gas blast could be reflected at minimum height and that actually stops the assault enough to get within spirit charge/f3 range. At the end of the day, Kenshi's incredibly strong ground game can still fight Kabal's, and for all of his offense, Kabal still has to fight against armor and unless point blank can not punish spirit charge with anything substantial. On the negative side, yes, gas blast wading does get irritating and it is indeed frustrating to not be able to use full well all the tools Kenshi can bring to the table. Particularly annoying is 2 xx NDC, which requires a great deal of patience and hope to escape.

Nevertheless, I'm positive that with smart usage of meter so you can defend against gapped blockstrings and crossover jumps/kicks, Kenshi can affably compete against a very good Kabal player.

Pig Of The Hut

Having actually obtained a score of 4-6 against DetroitBallin's Kabal in tournament and recently routing MortySeinfield's about 3-0, I'm fairly sure I can put it about 6-4.

What changed my mind was that I did not know the lowest possible gas blast could be reflected at minimum height and that actually stops the assault enough to get within spirit charge/f3 range. At the end of the day, Kenshi's incredibly strong ground game can still fight Kabal's, and for all of his offense, Kabal still has to fight against armor and unless point blank can not punish spirit charge with anything substantial. On the negative side, yes, gas blast wading does get irritating and it is indeed frustrating to not be able to use full well all the tools Kenshi can bring to the table. Particularly annoying is 2 xx NDC, which requires a great deal of patience and hope to escape.

Nevertheless, I'm positive that with smart usage of meter so you can defend against gapped blockstrings and crossover jumps/kicks, Kenshi can affably compete against a very good Kabal player.
Yea this is about dead on as it gets

Also i love how when you reflect IAGB it disables Kabal from shooting a has blast till kenshi's new projectile goes off screen

Also People need to stop fearing the saw on block, its 2%

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Yea this is about dead on as it gets

Also i love how when you reflect IAGB it disables Kabal from shooting a has blast till kenshi's new projectile goes off screen

Also People need to stop fearing the saw on block, its 2%
I think people need to be more patient in general. In AZ, everyone but me plays a bulldog character, whether it be Kabal, Sonya, Jonathan Cage, Cyrax or Mr. Briggs. As such, it's crucial to maintain composure for as long as possible so I can get my hit, which usually is enough to even up that loss from blocking. Chip damage is bad, but it's much worse to play sloppy and get actual damage on top of it, so slow it down, play it cool.

Look at how Pig played against Cowboy at MLG. He took a LOT of chip from straight skulls and EX skull shit, but he stood his ground, caught him on every jump and made sure trades were in his favor. Defense is disadvantaged, but not gimped people, use it.

Pig Of The Hut

I think people need to be more patient in general. In AZ, everyone but me plays a bulldog character, whether it be Kabal, Sonya, Jonathan Cage, Cyrax or Mr. Briggs. As such, it's crucial to maintain composure for as long as possible so I can get my hit, which usually is enough to even up that loss from blocking. Chip damage is bad, but it's much worse to play sloppy and get actual damage on top of it, so slow it down, play it cool.

Look at how Pig played against Cowboy at MLG. He took a LOT of chip from straight skulls and EX skull shit, but he stood his ground, caught him on every jump and made sure trades were in his favor. Defense is disadvantaged, but not gimped people, use it.
HUGE THANKS to you in that MU

I shouted you out on this video interview definitely

ill find it when posted

REO

Undead
Pig Of The Hut, honestly, I'm not too sure if I would say the match-up is 6-4 as of yet. Yes, it's true our fights feature one of the best Kabals vs the best Kenshi but you have to remember that alone doesn't automatically make it a 100% accurate on how the match-up really is. Kenshi is one of the characters I have the least experience against (next to Liu, Shang, etc.) so there were many times in the match I felt lost at what to do according to the ways you played. It could still be 7-3, I just need to run more games with you and get a better feel. You play this match completely different than before and you have definitely improved, it shows. But it doesn't feel right just pulling away the match from 7-3 to 6-4 just because you did good against me. It's like if I were to all of a sudden strip away the 3-7 match-up number for Cage vs Kabal just because GGA Dizzy did well against me. You did good enough to question the 7-3, though. Sometimes players have their days where they do better than their character should do. There's so many factors involved with all of this at the end of the day. I would love to play a couple FT10s with you on stream or wherever at NEC to break in further into the match-up if you would like.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut, honestly, I'm not too sure if I would say the match-up is 6-4 as of yet. Yes, it's true our fights feature one of the best Kabals vs the best Kenshi but you have to remember that alone doesn't automatically make it a 100% accurate on how the match-up really is. Kenshi is one of the characters I have the least experience against (next to Liu, Shang, etc.) so there were many times in the match I felt lost at what to do according to the ways you played. It could still be 7-3, I just need to run more games with you and get a better feel. You play this match completely different than before and you have definitely improved, it shows. But it doesn't feel right just pulling away the match from 7-3 to 6-4 just because you did good against me. It's like if I were to all of a sudden strip away the 3-7 match-up number for Cage vs Kabal just because GGA Dizzy did well against me. You did good enough to question the 7-3, though. Sometimes players have their days where they do better than their character should do. There's so many factors involved with all of this at the end of the day. I would love to play a couple FT10s with you on stream or wherever at NEC to break in further into the match-up if you would like.

You speak the truth honestly

Especially the dizzy comparison - Id love to run this hours on end or however long we can at NEC. Thanks for your help in here and games at MLG.

We both can learn a lot from watching this and it'll only push us both to be better and others as well that use our characters.

But you're wrong about something, you're not "one of the best kabals" you are in fact the best Kabal. Dont downplay yourself 2 time champ. LBSH