What's new

Kabal - Speed Demon Combo Video

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I honestly do not believe that 73% kombo will stay in the game. Surely they'll scale the combo more when the variations drop. I think this variation won't be too OP though, like it has high damage potential but very few ways to open the opponent up.

Great video dude, well done.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Nice. But a number of them aren't practical in a real match. Who starts combos with sandman?
You can punish a lot of moves with db4 on reversal. Liu‘s amp fireball, subs slide, raidens storm cell etc. I get my 62% punishes pretty consistently.

Sandman is the name of the 23 string. And I said it wasn't practical to start strings like that. Never said it was hard or impossible to do.

In an actual match Kabal is going to be using b12 and f22 alot as his main starters because why wouldn't you. They both have excellent range and are mids.

Blewdew

Sandman is the name of the 23 string. And I said it wasn't practical to start strings like that. Never said it was hard or impossible to do.

In an actual match Kabal is going to be using b12 and f22 alot as his main starters because why wouldn't you. They both have excellent range and are mids.
23 is meant to be a punisher and not be thrown out in neutral

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so yeah some of these combo's could do with a bit of scaling, not major scaling mind you, but enough so kabal doesnt hit stuff like 700 damage, and i'd imagine its even easier to get the hook slam KB if you cancel into it off pokes, risky but the reward is huge.

.....wait, its only on punish not counter right? if so then nvm

Wigy

There it is...
so yeah some of these combo's could do with a bit of scaling, not major scaling mind you, but enough so kabal doesnt hit stuff like 700 damage, and i'd imagine its even easier to get the hook slam KB if you cancel into it off pokes, risky but the reward is huge.

Nah counter as well.

Blewdew

The damage is fine, this Variation has pretty average zoning and up close game so opening people up with it doesn‘t happen as often as with mean streak or clean cut so it compensates that with hitting harder. It‘s also worth mentioning that this big damage mainly comes from punishes and not from hitconfirming your mids

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
The damage is fine, this Variation has pretty average zoning and up close game so opening people up with it doesn‘t happen as often as with mean streak or clean cut so it compensates that with hitting harder. It‘s also worth mentioning that this big damage mainly comes from punishes and not from hitconfirming your mids
yeah but still thats some really hard hitting.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Great work as always @DoctrineDark .

And to the rest of the conversation in this thread I also agree that no character should ever do 70%+ off of a viable punish string like 23. This and pre patch geras to me look bonkers.

Blewdew

Great work as always @DoctrineDark .

And to the rest of the conversation in this thread I also agree that no character should ever do 70%+ off of a viable punish string like 23. This and pre patch geras to me look bonkers.
What are you talking about? You Don‘t Get a 70%+ punish of 23. you get it from db4amp which is a 16f punisher kb with 2 bars and it‘s clearly shown in this video. It‘s viable but very situational and risky except in a few matchups where you can legit reversal punish with it.

E

Eldriken

Pokes on block into db4 is just asking to get bent over.

While these are all possible, the huge damage is a one time thing in most cases. You have to use up a shit ton of resources (meter, KB and a Fatal Blow).

Could you imagine using all this on one combo and still losing the round? That shit's gone till the next match. Does this make it fair? Not really. But it's not something you have to fear all the time.

But if you get baited and punished with a db4 KB, eat shit. =D

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Can tell you now that unless you're going against someone who is CONSTANTLY mashing pokes, it's ill advised to be throwing out Hook Slam willy nilly. Shit is 100% death on block.
i mean so is groundskulls, sometimes tho you gotta do what you gotta do to get that w.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
What are you talking about? You Don‘t Get a 70%+ punish of 23. you get it from db4amp which is a 16f punisher kb with 2 bars and it‘s clearly shown in this video. It‘s viable but very situational and risky except in a few matchups where you can legit reversal punish with it.
My apologies I misquoted what ive read in this thread. Otherwise you should never get 70% regadless of how many resources you blow. This is coming from an mk9 cyrax master. It was cheap and fun but definitely not meant for this game.

JeffX

Remove armor on fatal blows now
can you help me understand something kabal related. Sometimes I’ll do b12 into amp saw on block who is -1. But Liu Kang’s f4 now at 11f still beats out my s1 attempt to steal my turn back. Is it the block stun or does his hurt box move back?
Really trying to understand this and what my options are after this.

E

Eldriken

can you help me understand something kabal related. Sometimes I’ll do b12 into amp saw on block who is -1. But Liu Kang’s f4 now at 11f still beats out my s1 attempt to steal my turn back. Is it the block stun or does his hurt box move back?
I'm not quite sure. It's not a tactic I've ever used, so I'm unfamiliar with it.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Can only be you being too slow. Very nature of frame data means you’ll always win in that scenario if you’re doing it properly.