What's new

Match Footage Kabal-Sektor match-up

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Hey dudes. I would appreciate any advice for my Kabal in this match-up. Unfortunately I had an underwhelming performance at WB and Gross bested me twice. I just want to know if I am missing something, or could do something different that would have been better to implement.

Something like more saw-blades and calculated zoning for that matter. But anything Sektor does that I am not quite seeing? His corner pressure flusters me and I suck at guessing missles lol. Thanks. There are a lot of good sektors out there these days pimpimjim, swifttomhanks, gross etc... Just trying to dial in these match-ups one by one before EVO.

Wouldn't mind some general discussion on this MU as well. What is it 6-4, 7-3?

Anyways, I plan on making my resurgence soon. I will be back on my game, and all your backs will be blown out all over the floor. Watch out Chicago...watch out!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Kabal wins it. I played gross at final round and beat his sektor like 5-1? So many things kabal can do. I'll touch on it later. At the airport

D

Deleted member 9158

Sektor isn't my main or anything, but I do use him quite a bit, so many I can offer some insight into the MU. I find that with Kabal, Sektor has a problem from a distance., but maybe that's just me. He lacks armour, and his teleport is fairly slow unless he does a perfect IATU.

- his missiles are punishable by an EX Nomad dash if you make the right read
- his flamethrower is fast and it has a HUGE hitbox, so don't underestimate it
- watch out for his 6 frame standing 1, since it can lead to 40% + combo punishes
- I've found recently that you can actually D1 his B3 4 string after the B3 if he whiffs it. Hasn't happened all that often though, can't say how reliable it is. Can someone correct me/offer insight into it?
- sektor has a lot of issues against low hit box/crouching opponents as well, so keep that in mind.
- he also lacks a reliable mid. Though I noticed he hit you quite a bit with his 122 string which ends in a mid in the first match

And yeah, about his corner game, it can be overwhelming if you have no idea what's going on. I'm not that experienced with it, so I can't help you there.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Just duck and F4 after the first move of all of his strings -> win.
If you dont wanna do that throw saws, and stay out of his F2 range, then he's basically fucked.