What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

bone

Noob
I have thousands of games under my belt with Kabal, I can play pretty decent with him but I have a hect of a time with crossups. I know about the jump straight up and punch. The jump back and kick and jump straight up and kick, but I can't seem to get those out against a real good player that get their combos started with crossups. I would just stand and block till I figure out how and when to get the fluck in. I try to uppercut but that doesn't get in, as soon as I release the block I get punished. That is one of my weakness in this game. I believe you can dash as soon as he jumps but I haven't had much practice with that. Any suggestion?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Jump the Fuck out - you will take a hit but not entire combo!
Or spin the shit out of him when you have a bar with ex dash!
Thats it for me!
Good luck!

sLeeK

Noob
If timed right you can use D+1 as AA then you can follow that up with F+4. You could also throw in a nomad dash after the F+4

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
If timed right you can use D+1 as AA then you can follow that up with F+4. You could also throw in a nomad dash after the F+4
This option is risky and that is the reason why i didnt mentioned it. There is high risk he will eat up a juggle - its not worith it.

If its online i say go for the D+1 juggle. Online is practice after all so if you do get punished it doesn't really matter.

Hell ive played 100 straight games just trying to do 4~roll AA with Mileena until i got it down. Most of the matches were loses but i added a new tool to my game.

sLeeK

Noob
Ya I agree, but there is a problem with that method.. I say that because you'll get used to the timing online and not offline =\ I remember practicing reptiles NJP bnb for about a week offline. Once I finally got it down I jumped online and missed it every time.. It's like I had to literally had to relearn the combo.

If that is your only method then go for it because at least you'll be familiar with the timing some what(if you play more offline vs online). If you have people to play with offline that would be the way to go.

bone

Noob
I only play online, as a matter of fact I haven't played a single game offline besides in practice and some ladder mode. The timing is definitely different. I will try the D1 more and see what happens but you've got to be quick going low. Only a hand full of players actually crossup consistently so I don't get a chance to really practice against them.

Sasuga

Noob
Crossups like that mostly get me to. I've been wanting to try the dash as well but I haven't really tried that yet. I alway try uppercut or low pokes but hardly with any success. It seems to work for others when I try to cross them up.

Maybe it's better after patch.

Shaylan

GamerGurl
Jumping vs Kabal? Really? Dash on wakeup if you see him jump.
Reverse input your dash and catch him in the air then infinite him into the corner with that imba slash slash slash thing.
Jumping vs Kabal... hee.
No.

As Jade player whose only hit confirm is jp, I can tell you, no.
If they jump you win.

sLeeK

Noob
I only play online, as a matter of fact I haven't played a single game offline besides in practice and some ladder mode. The timing is definitely different. I will try the D1 more and see what happens but you've got to be quick going low. Only a hand full of players actually crossup consistently so I don't get a chance to really practice against them.
Since you play online try to find a friend of yours and go into a 1v1/koth and have him basically be your dummy. Have him jump around you so you can practice comboing into a D+1 or you could also practice inputting the dash backwards while he is crossing you up.

Keep doing that until you get it down.

redeyes

Button Masher
trickynick always stoped me with a IA gas blast to ND. made me think twice about trying to crossup.

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
So I finally got a chance to make this account. My thanks to TYM for an amazing site.
Just Wanted to start up a thread on Kabal's execution and what everyone has problems with. This can range from any of his NDC or Zoning (IAGB or what not) or anything else. I'll try to give some tips and maybe learn some things as well hopefully.

* I will also be making a few threads in the future on my Tier List, and Kabal Matchups; as they differ from REO's in my experience.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Erik I'm your biggest fan.

Oh and 3 things I need help getting down solid:

1. F4 into NDC
2. F3 into NDC
3. Jumpkick Fireball into reset

Any help is greatly appreciated.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Since the patch, I lost my F+4 NDC and D+1 NDC....I feel like I went back to first grade with Kabal. I feel that the overall timing of his pressure game has totally changed for me for some reason. Need to go back in the lab.

P.S. welcome to the site Erik, mad respect!!!

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
Well Warrior, I just hit Ub, Ub followed by 1, i have a square gate sanwa stick i keep from my marvel and street fighter days so i always know where the corner is.

K7, the F4 into NDC at this point i use the negative edge ( although i dont recomend as i only occassionally do it outof boredom). Input the ND even if u dont hitconfirm with the f3 or f4 because the worst thing that'll happen is it wont come out anyway. Just practice in training mode but those should be fairly easy to NDCwith.

As with hit confirming the AGB, if you're far just inputthe dash and try to catch 'em. If they're mid screen just f3 into ND since it's his fast stretchy move, and if close by just forward 4

AC1984

Kaballin!
Also, I use American style stick (IL) and the corners are hard for me to match consistently. I wish there was an American stick with a square.

shura30

Shura
* I will also be making a few threads in the future on my Tier List, and Kabal Matchups; as they differ from REO's in my experience.
please don't
there's enough confusion on this forum about patches tiers and matchups
let's fill the official matchup thread with opinions

any matchup should be the same for each player
and reo still need to explain those 8-2 and 7-3 matchups in the details

i have a square gate sanwa stick
square gate = iaGB ftw

i switched from an octagonal restrictor and saw them coming instantly almost without adjusting

kowal

Noob
throw on octagonal is large, square help but fast and short throw stick is better solution

I use old Wico microswitch (mk1 cab stick) and work OK but throw is short only 9mm, Competition iL stick 12,5mm
If someone like iL stick best solution put this stick in metal panel and use II groove for this panel
very fast iAGB i get on suzo500 (STC) but on this stick I have problem on NDC, stick is too fast and negative edge breaks everything

I have problem on jK AGB after b121, normal jK AGB, b12 NDC

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
@Shura. Well unfortunately I'm going to have to because I believe REO's is completely wrong (almost). I would just add to it in his thread but there would be too many changes. Besides, he wanted me to make one and see how our experiences differ.

@kowal Jumpkick fireball is done by pressing B,B then kick button followed by 1. So your input should look like this: B,B,Kick,1. If you hit these sequentially the game will register the B,B connecting with the 1. For the B1, 2 ND I need to know if you're using stick.

Azrael

Noob
Thank u erik...ur version of a kabal matchup thread would be greatly appreciated....i think reo's matchup thread with kabal is the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen on this site. Thanx in advance.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Eric,

You remember me from evo. I'm the nightwolf player. We had some good games in the hotel room. Just wanted to say we all knew were gonna go far and beast the rest of the world.

So far I'm trying to adapt my Kabal around yours but I feel ineffective. Part of it is my pressure. I get poked out of my ndc all the time. I do f3 ndc, f4 ndc, b12 ndc, 11b3 Ndc, etc. I'm at the point where I can ndc off of any string at any time in the string. Should I low poke(d1,d3 )for added pressure? Is d1 to f4 that successful? If it is why?

Also when is it best to do Jk iaf to f4? I can do it but I'm not sure when to use it and why it's better.

Thanks man. Keep setting the trend! Just know you are alwYs a fan favorite. Watching your Kabal is just mesmerizing.

kowal

Noob
I play on stick
jK AGB goes out 40-50%, but after b12 time to alter direction u/f (jump) to bb is very short...

b12 NDC is nightmare for me (I remember CircleMasher use this)