What's new

Kabal option select against Kano

Halfnha1f

Learn From This
The option select input is neutral duck, Block, 2, up, 2.

If you input this with the right timing after blocking the second hit of kanos 2, 4, 1+3 string, it will cover both options of him finishing the string or ticking to his command grab.

If he finishes the string you will flawless block and reversal if you have meter. If he tries to tick throw then kabals 2, 2 string will come out and punish. Its an easy hit confirm into spin for full combo.

Kano can do 2, 4, kano ball to blow this up but its a very high risk/low reward read.

Just started playing kabal this week so this might be old news to some of you

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This kind of option select could be done by any character against Kano's 241+3.

It's important to note that the second hit of 241+3 is -13 on block, so he can't stagger it reliably either.

Even if you don't flawless block the third hit, it is pretty easy after a little bit of practice to neutral duck the grab and block the third hit every time.

This tech honestly destroys Kano's game at higher levels of play and is the reason why he truly is low tier in my eyes. Fighting someone who does this consistently is extremely tough, regardless of the character they use.

Halfnha1f

Learn From This
This tech honestly destroys Kano's game at higher levels of play and is the reason why he truly is low tier in my eyes. Fighting someone who does this consistently is extremely tough, regardless of the character they use.
ya it definitely hurts kano alot when someone knows how to properly defend against him. this is particularly good for kabal in the matchup because you dont even have to think or react to the mix up, just do the same input every time and get a full combo either way.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
This kind of option select could be done by any character against Kano's 241+3.

It's important to note that the second hit of 241+3 is -13 on block, so he can't stagger it reliably either.

Even if you don't flawless block the third hit, it is pretty easy after a little bit of practice to neutral duck the grab and block the third hit every time.

I was actually labbing the Kano OS before I got my ass handed to me by you haha.

It's easier to just neutral duck for the duration of the grab, punish the grab on reaction then flawless block the last hit but not U2 punish as flawless blocking it makes is -9 IIRC, which you can punish without spending meter.