What's new

General/Other Kabal Nerfs.file

REO

Undead
Hey, everyone. So I'm tossing my old laptop into the trash as it's time has come and it's now becoming unbearable futile and inching towards its final moments. I'm running through some files and folders on my PC for the last time, and I came across this gem! This is quite old and was made around the time I was playing MK9 full-force competitively during MLG Dallas! I thought I would post this and have it up for everyone who is into the whole MK9 "balance / what-if" talk to see and discuss for themselves. I never got to finish it but I thought it was something headed in the right direction.

Draft:
Kabal Nerfs and Changes by REO - Priority in keeping his core and execution intact, in addition to molding towards balance

Change Number One
- Kabal is now forced to go through his nomad dash cancel animation and can move after two frames (do b,f+4~then dash cancel immediately and DO not press a button after to see the animation I am talking about) The animation Kabal makes is him stumbling and shaking his hands frivolously. *It may take a few tries before you see it.

--> Cause and Effects:
--> Block infinite off 2~ndc no longer possible because Kabal is at +7
--> General pressure and rushdown off every NDC normal and string is touched on (reduced by 2)
--> Mobility on using dash cancels to get in or manuever around is easier to scout
--> Constant repeat of naked NDC for building meter or as fake-outs is a tad slower

|| Look, bottom line is Kabal has a run-stop animation? Why not use it? It puts this animation to good use while simultaneously balancing the broken advantage off Nomad Dash cancels.

Change Number Two
- Nomad Dash is no longer a TRUE wake-up. Meaning all of his invincibility frames are stripped off of him when using Nomad Dash as a wake-up.

--> Cause and Effects:
-->Nomad Dash will now ALWAYS be beaten on wake-up by normals or attacks when he is being bull-dogged on wake-up during "getting up" frames.
--> Enhanced Dash ALSO has no invincibility frames on wake-up -- What this does is it significantly nerfs the flash parry on wake-up because it no longer has the 21 frames of invicibility after the 13 frame of cancelling. Now all Kabal will have is the 13 frames of super armor prior to cancelling.

Change Number Three
- Kabal takes double damage during the super armor duration of Enhanced Nomad Dash.

--> Cause and Effect - Example: Sheeva's 12% fireball will now inflict 24% in this scenario, and so on.

Change Number Four
- Gas blast damage is now changed to inflict 5% instead of 9%

--> Cause and Effects:
--> Overall damage outputs are reduced
EXAMPLE: jk~Gas Blast, f+4~ND, JK~Gas Blast, f+4~ND now inflicts 18% of damage instead of 26%.
--> Chip on block is reduced from 2% to 1%.

Change Number Five
- Kabal's 'location' and hurtbox are more in sync after performing a Saw Blade

--> Cause and Effects:
--> Proper alignment with the locator during the animation of tossing a Saw Blade no longer misguides tracking attacks to miss
EXAMPLE: Rain's Lightning from Above, Smoke's Smoke Bomb, etc. etc.

NICE, NOW UncleFestor take note bro, here are the files for the first character to nerf. dizzy can help you too. now lets work with the patch.

Some of it I can do through the TweakVars. Some I might be able to do in the TweakVars or the Data table, # 5 will be hard to find {@ least for me} I'll need to have some one attacking as I'm doing the move to pinpoint the exact float {If there even is one }

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Why not 7% for IAGB instead of 9? Since his pressure and wakeups are not as solid, don't you think he should at least do a bit of damage if the opponent gets hit with a IAGB?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
gas blast would still be retard, the startup frames from air should be increased from 6f to 11f
The aGB damage nerf on top of a totally nerfed ND game is enough. Not taking nearly as much damage makes it less dangerous to advance through the character's projectiles, and the loss of wakeup flash parry to get off the ground essentially untouched is big, too. The weakened pressure is a big help, too. 2 frames less of advantage can change a lot.

imo simple fixes can be done to this game to make it so good and I think everybody would hop on the game again, simple stuff like cyrax and smoke resets removed, sonya's ex carthweel scales a lot, kenshi ex charge is neutral on block and I think he only needs armor on the charge. I think it the top players can come to an agreement now on what to change, the game is pretty much fleshed out for 80%

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I like this.
You're not changing the way thr character is designed to play, as he's still about overwhelming the opponent from all ranges-- but the opponent will survive longer, guaranteed now.
Gas blasts still lead to combos if they jump, safe combo-less 50-50 pressure enders still there
Survive long enough to maybe blow up Kabal on a few reads, and do more combo damage than he does.
Other characters still need buffs, some need lots of them, but I like this for the KUHBAWL players.

UncleFestor bro any news of the patch? post videos please
I think you're underestimating how complicated it is to find the correct floats and then the correct values to use, for just a single move.

On top of that I'm not gonna start working on any patch till I finish everything else I'm currently working on

Here's a List of my current Modding Projects :

IGAU UE :

Red Lantern - New Sounds
King Neptune - Better Combo Chaining
Phantom Zone Grundy - A bunch of crazy shit
2 Mod Requests - Custom Mods for other Projects
And a Few Stages {Hopefully to be added as DLC}

MKKE :
Real Chameleon/Boss Shang Tsung - Ability to morph into any character in the game, Increase Morph Time, other special tweaks. {Depends on what we can get away with texture wise} {I'm going to start tweaking him soon}
Wrap up Full Roster Mod
Convert All My Bosses Mods to DLC Costumes for UBM 3.0
Update Zombie Pack {New Textures & all Costume 01's as DLC Costumes}
Release Sub-Scorpion V2.1- All 3 Costumes {Finally!!!} Need to tweak some Frame animation for more accurate combos {This one I'm Currently finishing up}

So as you can see I'm pretty busy I work 11 hours a day so the only time I have for modding anymore is Saturday & Sunday. This is going to be a lot of work to change all the necessary floats for each character & I'll need other modders & Expert Players to lend a hand with all the tweaking { I only play with a few of the characters & even then I'm nowhere near as good as most of the Players I've seen here} So I need Players who have MKKE for PC to test out each character as I'm modding them to get the Tweaks as close as Possible to how you guys want them to be.

And this project will require a team of modders to work together each modding a separate character otherwise it'll take the rest of this year for me alone to get close to completing it. Then there's the issue of applying the new settings to the PS3 versions of the game. {I don't have a PS3 so this will require even more testing by other people}

I think you're underestimating how complicated it is to find the correct floats and then the correct values to use, for just a single move.

On top of that I'm not gonna start working on any patch till I finish everything else I'm currently working on

Here's a List of my current Modding Projects :

IGAU UE :

Red Lantern - New Sounds
King Neptune - Better Combo Chaining
Phantom Zone Grundy - A bunch of crazy shit
2 Mod Requests - Custom Mods for other Projects
And a Few Stages {Hopefully to be added as DLC}

MKKE :
Real Chameleon/Boss Shang Tsung - Ability to morph into any character in the game, Increase Morph Time, other special tweaks. {Depends on what we can get away with texture wise} {I'm going to start tweaking him soon}
Wrap up Full Roster Mod
Convert All My Bosses Mods to DLC Costumes for UBM 3.0
Update Zombie Pack {New Textures & all Costume 01's as DLC Costumes}
Release Sub-Scorpion V2.1- All 3 Costumes {Finally!!!} Need to tweak some Frame animation for more accurate combos {This one I'm Currently finishing up}

So as you can see I'm pretty busy I work 11 hours a day so the only time I have for modding anymore is Saturday & Sunday. This is going to be a lot of work to change all the necessary floats for each character & I'll need other modders & Expert Players to lend a hand with all the tweaking { I only play with a few of the characters & even then I'm nowhere near as good as most of the Players I've seen here} So I need Players who have MKKE for PC to test out each character as I'm modding them to get the Tweaks as close as Possible to how you guys want them to be.

And this project will require a team of modders to work together each modding a separate character otherwise it'll take the rest of this year for me alone to get close to completing it. Then there's the issue of applying the new settings to the PS3 versions of the game. {I don't have a PS3 so this will require even more testing by other people}
oo ok take your time, im just fucking hype