What's new

Kabal MU Thread 2013

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
It has come to my attention that no current Kabal match up thread exists on the TYM Kabal forums, since REO deleted his unfinished chart. So I am attempting to make one for new players looking to get an idea on matchups. These are not my personal numbers, they are open to debate and will be updated to reflect the opinions of the community. The numbers are based on offline at the highest level with two equally skilled opponents.

Last Updated: 10/1/2013

Baraka: 8-2
CSZ: 8-2
Cyrax: 7-3
Cyblax: 6-4
Ermac: 6-4
Freddy: 6-4
Jade: 8-2
Jax: 6-4
Johnny Cage: 7-3
Kano: 8-2
Kenshi: 6-4
Kitana: 6-4
Kung Lao: 6-4
Liu kang: 6-4
Mileena: 7-3
Nightwolf: 8-2
Noob: 8-2
Quan chi: 7-3
Raiden: 6-4
Rain: 7-3
Reptile: 6-4
Scorpion: 7-3
Sektor: 7-3
Human Sektor: 7-3
Shang Tsung: 6-4
Sheeva: 8-2
Sindel: 7-3
Skarlet: 6-4
Smoke: 7-3
Sonya: 6-4
Stryker: 7-3
Sub-zero: 8-2

Overplayed? Downplayed? Accurate? As long as posts are kept civil, all input is welcomed.

REO Lulzlou Cat @ CURBOLICOUSDetroitBalln daddydab32ho Relaxedstate L0rdoftheFLY GGA soonk AC1984 Mosp

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
8-2 against Cage is HARSH.

That aside, I could see this being true all the way through.
If I believed in 6.5's, I'd give one to Ermac and Kitty, but thats about it.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
8-2 against Cage is HARSH.

That aside, I could see this being true all the way through.
If I believed in 6.5's, I'd give one to Ermac and Kitty, but thats about it.
Yea I didn't wanna do .5's so I just rounded up.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
On this note, it was a strange design decision making Kabal a low-ish hitbox character while making Kang a high hitbox character, when they have similar traits. Kabal is the only hardcore zoner NRS had in mind to make a low hitbox. The one time a Jax player needed a high hitbox the most...

Lulzlou

Noob
Johnny cage is 7-3. The problem with this mu is that cage does so much better on smaller stages than a stage like roof top. I honestly think it's 6-4 on the pitt.

Kitana is 6-4. There Is no way its 7-3

I'll write the reasons why I feel those match ups are that way tonight

Lulzlou

Noob
On this note, it was a strange design decision making Kabal a low-ish hitbox character while making Kang a high hitbox character, when they have similar traits. Kabal is the only hardcore zoner NRS had in mind to make a low hitbox. The one time a Jax player needed a high hitbox the most...
His hitbox isn't as low as you think it is. He still gets fucked up by kung Laos 2 on block and in kabal mirrors he can do b1ndc fine

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Sensible. Decimals make everything more difficult.

So why do you find the Cage MU so favorable? It seems like his up close game alone would be enough to at least warrant a 7.
Thats one I kinda rounded up due to popular opinion. Simple answer is hella zoning and armor/flash parry to get out of pressure. But 7-3 is possible.

I kinda felt scorp and sonya should be 7-3 tbh but don't have enough exp to know for sure.

Johnny cage is 7-3. The problem with this mu is that cage does so much better on smaller stages than a stage like roof top. I honestly think it's 6-4 on the pitt.

Kitana is 6-4. There Is no way its 7-3

I'll write the reasons why I feel those match ups are that way tonight
I always thought kit was 6-4 until recently learning to punish d1 w f4 on reaction. I never had that tool before so thats a big factor in me finally giving in to 7-3.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I always thought kit was 6-4 until recently learning to punish d1 w f4 on reaction. I never had that tool before so thats a big factor in me finally giving in to 7-3.
Whaaaaaaat?

I wish my Kabal wasn't god-awful just so I could make use of that.
I despise that damn D1...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

kabal can punish everyones d1. punishing a poke is good, but it shouldn't determine a MU

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I dunno if I agree with it being 9-1 against Sheeva, yeah Sheeva sucks and Kabal is awesome but all he really has on her is that dash cancelling infinite and you can't go hopping around with telestomps all day or you get dashed, but you don't have to spam telestomp and you can armor through the infinite. You just have to pace yourself and make some good reads on when to use meter as Sheeva. I'd say 8-2 at worst. I personally feel Kung Lao and Mileena are more harsh on Sheeva and they aren't even considered 9-1.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I don't think Kabal - Raiden is 7-3

Probably 6-4. Kabal definitely has an edge, but I don't think I would describe the match up as being particularly awful for Raiden. Most Raiden's I've talked to feel similarly, although I can't talk for everyone.

The only thing in this match up that really sucks for Raiden is his high hitbox. Any particular reason you say 7-3?