What's new

Kabal Instant Air Fireball?

How would you go on doing that I see it done all the time but eh peoples like well you have to keep pressing up on the thumbstick then you have to keep pressing back on the dpad and right when you jump you press x... that will not help me whatsoever... it would just plain out make me look retarded when playing it lol... any tips on how to do it without wrapping your hands around your controller 50000 times

NoDoubt

nasty
people on xbox do it by using the analog and the d-pad. they hold up on the analog, and buffer b, b, X after doing a normal, or falling down on recovery.

Kitana's instant air-fan is the same like Lui Kang's fireball. I dont use any analogs tho when I play, just the D-pad cuz im used to that. Its not exactly holding up on the D-pad and then buffering f, f or b, b...its more like tiger knee-motion for street fighter moves idk lol. You get used to it and ur hand naturally just does it.

nwo

Noob
I never tried doing this until I switched to using a stick. But I could do it sometimes just doing...Back, Diagonal (Back flip), then HP real quick. A back flip is like hitting Back + Up, but this seems to work.

After hitting back once, I hit back again and then round the stick upwards, instantly, so its basically a back flip.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Aww guize it was funnyz.

I never really got the hang of the IAF with Kitana. If I had a computer with a functioning video card I'd be all over that tutorial vid up above.

I haven't touched UMK3 since MK9 came out. It's a shame but I don't have the original UMK3 for Xbox and MKAK is shit.

iammud

Noob
I get jealous of all the analog stick tricks in MKAK, but then I remember that they're using a 360 controller and I'm using a MK MC Fightstick, and I instantly feel better. Maybe one day I'll drill a few discreet buttons into the case, patching them into the joystick switches, so I too can cheat with the best.

Other than Kitana's instant fan I think they're pretty useless. They're pretty easy to do offline using a stick, but the online timing is kind of hard. Just do the regular movement (forward, forward or back, back) but then add a quick diagonal/back or diagonal/forward at the end while simultaneously hiting punch.

I never actually saw this until I started playing online; back when I used to play in the arcades in the 90's this wasn't ever done. I used to think it was some kind of cheat until I taught myself how to do it.

iammud

Noob
I've got another gripe with this: I've noticed after winning extremely hard battles with obviously higher rank players, their disconnects last a really long time. Are people pulling ethernet cables to prevent losing points to low ranking players? For example, Marv waited 'til the last second of my fatality finishing before he disconnected, and it just sat there frozen for at least a minute, then gave me the disconnected screen. I was itching on 1300 points, and was stoked because that win should have put me over, but I didn't get credit for the win. Seriously lame. :/

I just learned how to do this with Kabal, Kitana, and Lui Kangaroo without cheating. I wish I knew how to do it this way years ago. I'm doing it on the Analog on the 360 controller WITHOUT using the D-Pad. It's so easy now!
  • Kabal - back, back~up/back HP
  • Kitana - forward, forward~up/forward HP+LP
  • Lui Kang - forward, forward~up/forward HP
When I say back~up/back, it means i'm sliding from back to up back like a tiger knee input. Hope that makes sense.

nwo

Noob
I just learned how to do this with Kabal, Kitana, and Lui Kangaroo without cheating. I wish I knew how to do it this way years ago. I'm doing it on the Analog on the 360 controller WITHOUT using the D-Pad. It's so easy now!
  • Kabal - back, back~up/back HP
  • Kitana - forward, forward~up/forward HP+LP
  • Lui Kang - forward, forward~up/forward HP
When I say back~up/back, it means i'm sliding from back to up back like a tiger knee input. Hope that makes sense.
Thats pretty much the same way you do it on stick. I've never seen a Lui Kang instant fireball, that sounds scary.

Thats pretty much the same way you do it on stick. I've never seen a Lui Kang instant fireball, that sounds scary.
nah Lui Kangs IAF is alot slower than the fan and the purple ball

its fun doing lui kangs pop up then IAF to flying kick though!

nwo

Noob
After practicing these instant fireballs more, I figured out the KEY to doing them is that you need to press "UP" and "HP" PRECISELY at the same time. When I say UP, I mean the up that triggers your back flip.

I confirmed this in MAME by assigning HP to my UP button, (so when I pressed up it did "UP + HP") the fireballs would come out about 100% of the time, of course you can't really play the game like this, and I wouldn't want to.

I might make a video of me legitimately doing them on arcade stick (pretty reliably and fast), and showing the joystick. I thought someone else was doing this so I never did.