What's new

Kabal Frame Data Conclusions - Blocked String Gaps

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
First of all, big credit to Somberness. I used his frame data to draw these conclusions.

This is a rough draft of a chart I made to show all of the frame gaps in Kabal's combo strings. ALL of his combo strings. I wanted to make these charts to see what strings are punishable, and what I can do to punish them. Some strings have large gaps. Some strings have gaps of only 1 or 2 frames. Unfortunately you have to know your own character's frame data to find out what you can punish with, but I plan on making these charts for as many characters as I can.

I want to point out though that just because something has a certain amount of frames in a gap, that doesn't necessarily mean that only moves of that amount of frames or less will win. Moves like mileena's d4 can throw things off due to having such a low hitbox, but this is a rare case.

Like I said earlier, this is a rough draft. If there's any erroneous information or anything that looks like a typo, let me know. If you have any suggestions to make this easier to read, I'm open. If you have any questions let me know.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Haha calm down my little kabalettes... =P this not only tells people how to blow up your strings, but should also help you know which strings you should and shouldn't use.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This chart is just...holy shit, lol. How long did it take you to make this? This is hella awesome.
I'm proficient with excel so it would have only taken maybe a couple hours if I weren't at work getting distracted quite a bit. The part I hate is taking screen shots of it after i convert it into a PDF and copy/paste the screenshot sections into MS paint and save it as a jpeg. But having a jpeg embedded on the site is way easier than having to download a .pdf file. And thanks! Hopefully people like it. I have some up for sonya, reptile, mileena, raiden, and cyrax. I'm currently going through and correcting some info in a couple of them, but I'll be back on doing ones for all of the other characters as soon as I can.

Enenra

Go to hell.
^All that that came out of your mouth, sounded made up. What is this blasphemy you speak of? These foriegn words of technological sophistication...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I just found out I have some wrong information in the NDC BA and HA columns. I'll be able to fix that tomorrow.

mekane

Noob
I assumed 1-1-1 jailed you high.... does the third hit in 1-1-1 hit crouch block? otherwise it seems worthless to use that string.

This is one of the reasons, I'll never be good. I don't understand this at at all. Or what to make of it or apply it in strategy/gameplay. :(

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This is one of the reasons, I'll never be good. I don't understand this at at all. Or what to make of it or apply it in strategy/gameplay. :(
It's just good to look and see where the gaps are in the most common strings a certain character uses. If something has a 2-3 frame gap you can interrupt their string with an armored move if you practice the timing. If there is a gap 6 frames or more, you can look at your own character's options as far as punishment goes. Also, if you play the character, you can see where you can and can't be punished when you use certain strings so it will tell you which strings you should and shouldn't use more often.