What's new

Kabal counterpicks?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Kenshi, a counter-pick against Kabal? Unless you're AK Pig Of The Hut or a pure Jedi, no fucking way.

There is essentially no counter-pick to Kabal. If there's any 5-5s against him, they are rare if not non-existent. I personally have Raiden and Kung Lao as my best chances of facing any Kabal - excluding the Kabal mirror, of course.
Actually i play only Kenshi and im not Pig of The Hut and i do decent vs Kabal. Kenshi got options way better then most vs Kabal. Just so we're clear im not saying its an even MU (Kabal has no even or bad MU, thou i would say its Ken vs Kab is 4-6 or 4,5 - 5,5). Good Kenshi can do well vs good Kabal its all about reads.

lawgamer

Noob
I vote Reptile for a competitive pick against both of them.
He certainly doesn't win either match, but he has the ability to make each of them uncomfortable in just going into a business-as-usual mode.
I'm not familiar with Reptile at all. Could you tell me how can he get through IAFs spam? His dashes go under Kabal's projectiles?

I'm not familiar with Reptile at all. Could you tell me how can he get through IAFs spam? His dashes go under Kabal's projectiles?

His forceballs.
He takes a knee when he does them so he ducks under IAGBs. He is, however, very susceptible to saws if he keeps trying to shoot forceballs, but that's where his ability to get in comes from.
If the Kabal player wants to be more liberal with saws, then you can make a read and dash in and jump in on him for a combo, or block them and use a dash to gain distance.

Likewise, if he respects your dash mobility too much, it gives you room to put forceballs on screen, and as long as Reptile has control of those he wins the zoning war against almost anyone.

Komatose

The Prettiest
You can try ermac. I feel the mu is even.

Magik how do you feel ermac kabal is after playing me?
Lulzlou how do you feel ermac kabal is aftr playing me at sj ?
I don't feel as if he's an actual counterpick, but the way you hold your own against him, I can say he does better than other characters for sure.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I agree with that other guy, play Sheeva. Maybe your friend won't know how to deal with the stomp for some reason

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
My friend is training Kabal and Kenshi for an upcoming local tournament. These chars are very dominant in MK9, but I believe there has to be counterpicks. I had success with Raiden, because he can't be pressured or zoned mindlesly. What other chars can fight Kabal well enough?

Note: We're no MLG proplayers here, so I'm not asking about the highest top level advice. My friend plays very well though. ND canceling and IAFs are both in his arsenal.
in my opinion playing the game i found ways with smoke around the NDC and zoning theres really good ways to beat him i see it as a 5-5 so its a even MU but smoke is a good character to play against both of them kable and kenshi

in my opinion playing the game i found ways with smoke around the NDC and zoning theres really good ways to beat him i see it as a 5-5 so its a even MU but smoke is a good character to play against both of them kable and kenshi

Smoke will get shat on by Kabal if he has even half decent pressure.
His giant hitbox and lack of fast normals will get him chewed up.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Smoke will get shat on by Kabal if he has even half decent pressure.
His giant hitbox and lack of fast normals will get him chewed up.
i know his hitbox but all you got to do is take control of his quick tools but thats coming from m i been playing smoke sense the game came out but anyway his hitbox is huge but he gives extreme damage from his reset and NDC can be ex. shake and it gives you space to do anything he cant zone and if you see him about to dash in which all kabals play in a pattern so its easy to read so soon as you see it whiff a a teleport

i know his hitbox but all you got to do is take control of his quick tools but thats coming from m i been playing smoke sense the game came out but anyway his hitbox is huge but he gives extreme damage from his reset and NDC can be ex. shake and it gives you space to do anything he cant zone and if you see him about to dash in which all kabals play in a pattern so its easy to read so soon as you see it whiff a a teleport
That's not a thing. You don't teleport a NDC on reaction. You will either whiff or get blocked and punished.
And a good one will throw projectiles at you, just to keep you honest, although obviously not from full screen.

lawgamer

Noob
I agree with that other guy, play Sheeva. Maybe your friend won't know how to deal with the stomp for some reason
Lol =) I said we're not some pro players, but we're not scrubs either. My friend is already good with Lao, Liu Kang, Quan Chi, Mileena. He knows how this game works.
On the other hand, I don't have much time to play and train. That's why conterpicking is important to me =)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
shang would be a good counter pick i agree with you but i feel like you have to be really with shang
i guess that depends of the level of kabal player your fighting,obviously if we are talking just the matchup then obviously kabal still wins I just personally feel Shang has more options against him than alot of the cast,soulsteal really helps In this match.