What's new

Kabal Corner Problems

Okay after getting someone in the corner with his pop up combo, I can neva get the double or triple fireball off. Idk if it's my timing or what. I've heard you have to delay the fireball or something but I'd juss like a lil more clarification.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Use a tap timing, like, B, B, B, B HP for the first AFB, then B, B, B HP for the second FB, and if you can tell that a third JK is available, just do JK AFB instantly, otherwise, HK or LK works.

I can usually get two, then I go for a sweep. IT's always rewarding to get a quick relaunch beofre the corner and seeing 72% on the combo meter. : :D

ahhh okay, i was juss wondering cause i can neva get it. I'll try it lata on today. I think it would be more helpful if someone could show me though in game, any takers???

Ffej Remhad said:
ahhh okay, i was juss wondering cause i can neva get it. I'll try it lata on today. I think it would be more helpful if someone could show me though in game, any takers???
If you want a demo so bad just watch the combo vid.

Why is this one guy Dave always have something out of the way to say. I mean really, isnt this forum here to share information anyways. I've already seen tapes of this done but how does that help me by watchin em. I can watch all i want but i think someone showing me in game would prove to be more beneficial. So plz...if you dont have any helpful information dont look at my post since you're so adamant about saying "go look at a video." Thas like me tryna show lil cousin how to drive by saying "aye...go look at a video." LoL I have nothing against you, so dont take it that way but you seem to be the least helpful person i've came across in this forum. And on that note...I'm out like a prom date on roofies!!!

Ffej Remhad said:
Why is this one guy Dave always have something out of the way to say. I mean really, isnt this forum here to share information anyways. I've already seen tapes of this done but how does that help me by watchin em. I can watch all i want but i think someone showing me in game would prove to be more beneficial. So plz...if you dont have any helpful information dont look at my post since you're so adamant about saying "go look at a video." Thas like me tryna show lil cousin how to drive by saying "aye...go look at a video."
Dave knows what he's talking about so try listening to him. And nice inference with the child and the driving video. Hopefully your not a child because most children wouldn't be able to take in all that information as easily as an older person would (hopefully something you are?). And besides this isn't brain surgery, just do the AFB as low as possible. If you can't do that then just go for a sweep or a HK. Don't go bitching about Dave because he really did nothing wrong, all he said was watch the video to see how they do it.

Oh yea, isn't someone doing it for you in game and watching a video of someone doing it, THE EXACT SAME THING?? :shock: I rest my case.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but there isn't much more someone online can show you that a video can (Thanks Rock). You will see the same thing, it's not like they would be able to show you their controls or anything like that.

Ffej Remhad said:
Why is this one guy Dave always have something out of the way to say.
Irony.

And to in inference to Rock...how is it the same thing if im the one tryna perform the move. Watching a video of someone doing it and doing it "in game" is two totally different things. I've watched several videos of combos but does that mean juss cause i watched it im supposed to know how to do it. Maybe you're able to juss watch a video and are able to juss pull of some of the combos...kudos to you buddy. I myself have learned a great deal of things in games with other players. Does that make me wrong for asking for help. If so i guess there are a lot of other individuals that are members of this forum that are guilty too then. And you Rock...who said anything about a child earlier, i know i didnt. Why would i say something about driving in reference to someone who clearly isnt of age to drive, i mean come on...lets be real. All of this got started cause i asked if someone could show me in game, i've seen several others ask other people if they could get online to help them. There wasnt a problem then so why is there now? What argument did you flip, i need not argue with no one I juss wanna get betta at the game. Dont take it personal. And...I rest my case

P.S. Dont be the Robin to his Batman :shock:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Honestly the videos can only show what the result is if there's no explanation. I know plenty of players who say "I have seen your videos and for the life of me I cannot do such and such a combo." So I take them to a game on XBLA and explain it to them as they do it, or if it's at the arcade it's even easier. Some players can learn based on videos, some need hands on help, but with every piece they learn, the next step might be easier, or the next thing they tackle they might be able to do on their own by applying what they learned. I don't expect someone to know that I am canceling jabs in my juggles just by watching but some players might notice it and say "What are you doing to cancel the jab because they look faster."

See...he gets where im coming from. All i stated from the very beginning is could someone show me thas all. Cause there's no way from juss watchin a video to know that people are run canceling or things of that nature. As i stated before it's a learning process for me. Hope there isnt any hard feelings. Only Peace...Love...and GG's to everyone!

I'm gonna step in hehe.

I definetly think that explaining to someone, while doing a combo, the button and controler combinations you are pressing and the timing your using helps 1000x more than just seeing a video. Actually telling someone how to buffer a move mid combo, and explain to them what you actually need to do helps tons more than just seeing a video. Myself, I can watch a video and pick up on how to do combos because I'm just at that skill level. Some people are not. Also, not saying anyone is stupid, not everyone is in fact smart enough to learn certain things without an explanation. Maybe there brain just cannot compute what there seeing on the screen 100% and an explanation or a teaching session would help out tremendously.

Just my .02$. Good luck in your combo ventures :) .

Well if it's explained here I don't see how repeating it is going to help. I learn the timing of combos from the vids. You can't explain how to time better than a video can, it shows exactlty how it should look. tactics and combos are two different things.

If you want help, feel free to message someone on XBLA

When I get some1 in the corner I can't do the jk, fb,jk, fb, for the life of me!
is there a certain technique to do it? Ive seen it done, but when I do it, it doesn't work. Can ne1 explain?

dreemernj

Ambassador
If you are going for 3x JK->Fireball there is a good rhythm to it.

For the first set, jump kick, and then wait and do the air fireball pretty low to the ground.

Then for the second one, jump kick and do the air fireball after you've dropped a little, maybe haflway to the ground.

And for the third one you can do jump kick and air fireball as fast as possible.

Shock said:
Use a tap timing, like, B, B, B, B HP for the first AFB, then B, B, B HP for the second FB, and if you can tell that a third JK is available, just do JK AFB instantly, otherwise, HK or LK works.
I can do it pretty consistantly now that way ^_^ thanks

I just did the 2x jk, afb, hk today and what I did was tap back unitl i was very near to the ground, then it hp, repeat, run in, hk, 56%

every time i get in the situation where i can do it, I always jump too late! Ive tried runningand all this other stuff but nothing works... help?

I'm still having trouble with kabals corner combo. I get them in the air in the corner and i jk, to fb. But when I try for a second I jump too late. Can anyone help me? I can do all of his combos except this corner one, please help.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
You want to hit the first JK as high as possible and the first fireball as low as possible, then you want to connect the next JK as soon as possible and the next fireball as low as possible, then the third JK as soon as possible and cancel to fireball with enough time that it won't miss. Your best bet is trying the first one with 3 taps of back, maybe 4.