What's new

Kabal Combo

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Some time ago I discovered several ways to accomplish this... I'm working on something and soon will be ready..

Shady

Noob
Interesting. I was trying to do something like that a while back but quickly gave up. What's the damage output like if you end with the reset instead of the F3,2? The biggest issue with this could only be that you'd go fishing for the B1,2,1 a little too much in match and I still feel like F3,2 and 1,1,B4 NDC strings would be safer and contribute to more pressure. It is a good thing to have tho to attempt now and again through the match when going for the win.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I try and I try and I try and I can NOT get this to work. How?
You must hit as high as possible with little dash, 1. After 1 get close enough with dash. When it ended dash almost completely mutilate. Is complicated anyway but there are other ways in the kabal tribute, greetings!

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Nice combo!

Though you can achieve the same damage by doing this --which I feel is easier:

j.:fp/:bp, :l + :fp :bp :fp, dash :l + :fp, dash :r + :bk xx Nomad Dash, rest of combo as in the video

The problem with Kabal is that no matter how hard you try to squeeze damage (fireballs, jumping kicks, :en moves), the damage scaling always caps the total damage to around 40%; in practice mode you can see how every hit deals only 0% or 1% damage.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Nice combo!

Though you can achieve the same damage by doing this --which I feel is easier:

j.:fp/:bp, :l + :fp :bp :fp, dash :l + :fp, dash :r + :bk xx Nomad Dash, rest of combo as in the video

The problem with Kabal is that no matter how hard you try to squeeze damage (fireballs, jumping kicks, :en moves), the damage scaling always caps the total damage to around 40%; in practice mode you can see how every hit deals only 0% or 1% damage.
Yeah, that combo in the vid is tough. There are two alternatives.
yours: JIP, B121, dash B1, dash F4 ND, JIP B121 dash F32 Tornado Slam
other: JIP, B121, dash 2, dash 2, dash F4 ND, JIP B121, dash F32 Tornado Slam

If you end with buzzsaw, you get 39, if you end with Tornado Slam, you get 40.

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
Wow after 4+ hours in the lab with kabal I never thought of that 1 before the second mutilation.

Edit: Needless to say i can't connect the second mutilation after that 1.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Awesome shit.

I bookmarked this link to give to people so I can LOL when they tell me Kabal has low damage.

Liu_Kang

Noob
Hey guys, i want to train with kabal but i need to know from experient kabal players, the best combos he has. Midscreen, corner, etc.

Thanks!

sLeeK

Noob
Every single one of these combos is the standard for Kabal players, get learning:

........ I have never seen any high level Kabal player's use any of these combos(note I only watched first 2mins) His bnb's are all listed in the guide.

To the user who created this thread your best bet is to check Kabals guide and look through kabals forum for "everything you need to know about Kabal" created by king. It's on the second page. Also don't bother practicing any of the combos in that video, they are for flash and nothing more. Kabal shines at his NDC strings, his resets with F+4, and his AA fireballs not flashy combos.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
Firstly, it was a CLEAR joke. Secondly, if you call squeezing 56% out of Kabal just for 'flash and nothing more', all it does is confirm to me that most Kabal players are lazy (I include myself in this definition).

Most Kabal players just latch on to what they see Michaelangelo, OnlineTony or Erik Warda do and never explore the character for themselves. If you can't see the potential that Doc shows in this video beyond 'flash' then you are simply lazy. This is why I hate hearing Kabal players complaining about scaling and crap damage output (not saying you've complained).

If you don't put the effort in then you DON'T DESERVE big damage.

sLeeK

Noob
Firstly, it was a CLEAR joke. Secondly, if you call squeezing 56% out of Kabal just for 'flash and nothing more', all it does is confirm to me that most Kabal players are lazy (I include myself in this definition).

Most Kabal players just latch on to what they see Michaelangelo, OnlineTony or Erik Warda do and never explore the character for themselves. If you can't see the potential that Doc shows in this video beyond 'flash' then you are simply lazy. This is why I hate hearing Kabal players complaining about scaling and crap damage output (not saying you've complained).

If you don't put the effort in then you DON'T DESERVE big damage.
Mehh.. Personally I'm fine with doing 37% that ends in a reset that gives me chip + meter. I have enough on my table as is trying to get his NRC down. These combo's just adds to the difficulty to the new guy trying to learn kabal. Maybe down the road when I am a lot more confident with kabal I'll practice some of the more useful combos shown in this video.

Note I didn't know that was a joke lol sorry if I came off like an ass.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
No worries dude, I totally agree that not only are the combos shown in that video not beginner-friendly, they're in no way intermediate-friendly either.

I will say it's worth watching the whole video though, not only for the 'holy shit!' factor but also because towards the end there is a section dedicated to using the EX NDC as a parry. It's a simple technique that some Kabal players usually use to grant themselves safe wakeups. In this video though, Doc shows you how to use it in other simple scenarios to create big damage opportunities. It's definitely worth checking out and even a beginner Kabal player could understand and use it.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Everything you need to know about Kabal is in the guides - it is covered by great Kabal users. Stick to that and you should be fine. Also keep in mind Kabal is not about combos. You may learn some of them but it wont bring you victory - if you are looking to best/powerful combos you should pick Kitana, Rain or Cyrax. Best of luck!

EL FUERTE BRAZI

Mortal Kombat Forever
Kabal has to have at least one hit Nomad dash enhanced(EX) armor on all active frames , X-ray - armor on all active frames, without X-ray damage scale

Sorry my bad English, I live in Brazil :yeradick: