What's new

K&M Present - Getting Started: Deadshot

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey folks!

I'm already getting Deja Vu with this stuff, but our latest addition to the "Getting Started" series features Deadshot.

Happy to put some of my writeup sections into video form at last, but some of what I listed in the old thread is no longer possible in the build we played.

One again, this was captured from a pre release build. So please keep that in mind!

Cheers!

Promoted by Youphemism

Last edited by a moderator:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Bf3 unsafe. Either 16 bit made a mistake in the breakdown, or they changed their mind.
A possibility is also that this build is not the same build he did the breakdown on.

Honestly I would be inclined to think that the way it is in this video is the one that will stay. An unsafe wakeup meterlessly, but safe on MB would make total sense for a character as aggressively keepaway heavy as deadshot. Him having a safe wakeup would be ridiculous.

Thanks for the video! And yes, Deadshot is definitely the first character I'm to training mode against so I can figure out how to punish his shenanigans. I have a feeling I'll run into many Deadshots online.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Happy to put some of my writeup sections into video form at last, but some of what I listed in the old thread is no longer possible in the build we played.
you had in your writeup that he d2 wasnt the best, his aa options improved in this build?

really like the look of that string with cartwheel at end that can be special canceled, very tasty indeed

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Promoted! Thanks for this one, Deadshot's for sure on my day 1 list of characters to lab alongside Fate and some others :)

One thing I noticed though, you said B2 was a high but the training mode footage you showed said it was a mid. Could you clarify?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The casuals will get the dust with Capn Cold's Parry (Those of UB Sub will know what do I mean).

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Heh, he looks pretty annoying. Kinda surprised to see him get a far reaching low to overhead string that can be easily hit confirmed or completed into another low. Seems pretty good for a character that is supposed to suffer up close. Gonna be an online cheese machine for sure, will have to learn the match-up quick!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks @PND_Ketchup great stuff as always. I've got a quick question I don't think I've seen anywhere.

That trait makes strings that have shots in them keep the effects, like knock back with blue shots. How does this work with B1 though? Do they get knocked out of the string altogether or does it not apply to B1?

I'm calling it, this guy is definitely gonna be my main, I wasn't really interested in him until now but damn this dude looks perfect for me.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
This character looks like pure brain cancer.

I have the perfect nerf. Every other bullet is replaced by a Will Smith Deadshot quip...

Gunshot followed by, "Stay evil, Dollface. Spread the word."

This way no one will pick him AND he will suck which solves everything. No loose ends.

He deserves the Kenshi treatment.

PAW-LO! PAW-LO! PAW-LO!

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I was an MK9 Kano main and look what happened.

I was an Injustice Deathstroke main and look what happened.

I was an MKX Jax main and look what happened.

I'm going to do all you Deadshot mains a huge favor and not main him, no matter how badly I want to. Maybe he'll survive longer that way. You're welcome.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I was an MK9 Kano main and look what happened.

I was an Injustice Deathstroke main and look what happened.

I was an MKX Jax main and look what happened.

I'm going to do all you Deadshot mains a huge favor and not main him, no matter how badly I want to. Maybe he'll survive longer that way. You're welcome.
Try maining Scarecrow, Swamp Thing and Robin. :DOGE