What's new

K&M Present - Getting Started: Deadshot

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Deadshot looks like a juiced version of Erron Black with all 3 of his variations active at once.
I have no idea how you've jumped to that conclusion.

Let's look at all of Erron Black's tools across variations and list the ones Deadshot does not have:

Command Grab/Tick Throws
Far reaching low slide
Full combo reversal
Multiple wakeups for OKI guess
Good damage meterless combos anywhere on screen
Run/dash cancels
Blockstrings/+ frames

I really think you are over reacting about Deadshot. He will be a strong zoner, but that's because he's been designed as such. Besides B12 his range is stubby, his anti air game was god awful (D2 got beat out by most jump ins), his wakeup without bar is really unsafe and he literally tickles you midscreen if he lands a hit.

I'm prepared to be wrong and eat my words, but let's just not dismiss a character as OP until the game is out and we can learn matchups. If grodd is allowed to hit for 50+% off a grounded touch into restand, Deadshot is allowed to have good fullscreen tools to prevent that from happening.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm not touching Deadshot till after the first patch, can't make myself do it. I'm kinda sad that people are reacting like this to him.

Not to sound ungreatful for information being released, I'm pleased to have all of K&M's content for INJ 2, it's all been great. Just I wish people reacted differently to zoning is all, it doesn't make sense why it's so hated compared to other strategies. MKX was there for all the people who loved rushdown, and that's cool. A game can have a dominant strategy, but after 2 years of that, can we give another strategy a chance to live? There looks like there is gonna be a character for everyone in this game, let's keep it that way.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm not touching Deadshot till after the first patch, can't make myself do it. I'm kinda sad that people are reacting like this to him.

Not to sound ungreatful for information being released, I'm pleased to have all of K&M's content for INJ 2, it's all been great. Just I wish people reacted differently to zoning is all, it doesn't make sense why it's so hated compared to other strategies. MKX was there for all the people who loved rushdown, and that's cool. A game can have a dominant strategy, but after 2 years of that, can we give another strategy a chance to live? There looks like there is gonna be a character for everyone in this game, let's keep it that way.
Tell me where you want this...
https://goo.gl/images/6FtZ2Q

Dr Fates zoning is going to be just as troublesome, plus with a safe push maneuver and a launching grab with trait that combos in the corner.

Reactions: GAV

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@PND_Ketchup I'm sure this is very much subject to change, but what did the hit advantage and block advantage look like for his shots? Around what range would they be punishable on block? If they're like Deathstroke, where characters like Flash can full-combo punish from a half-screen distance, then I think a lot of the anti-zoning zealots could be pacified.

trufenix

bye felicia
I hope they literally never patch deadshot, for better or worse, the entire games life just to spite you all.

That said, I am just now actually getting to watch these videos and christ on a crisp, thank you K&M for doing this. For taking the time, for not "hoarding the tech" or hiding it on some dischord/stream no one will ever see, for the production value, for writing a script and making puns. Seriously, top drawer videos. As an aspiring youtuber, I am blown away at your effort.

If this doesn't become what someone pays you to do professionally, I will be truly shocked.