What's new

K&M Present - Getting Started: Deadshot

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
For example, u have 1 meter and u play for dat type of character, which without meter do 15% damage. YES, u can roll for dat meter, but do low damage then. Or wait for a moment and do a full-combo with dat 1 meter

If you can only do 15% merger less Damage that's a you problem not a game problem. You can always do a meter less into a restand or set up to extend meter less damage.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I like how people are hyped for Flash and Black Canary, but think Deadshot looks too potato. Like Deadshot's keep away HAS to be ridiculous since there are tons of anti-zoning tools. MB roll is universal, most of the cast has an anti-zoning tool at the ready. And of course there is using your brain and working your way in slowly. It's astounding that people feel cheeted when a zoner kills them because they were too impatient to work their way on, but dont have an aneurism when they are killed by a straight guess on a 50/50.
We may be jumping to conclusions, but its Deadshot's versatility coupled with his zoning that has us worried. It looks like after you have worked to get in, he has attacks that just reset the original situation putting you back at square one. You need tools to go through his zoning because going around it just isn't going to work.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I think people here forget that dead shot's mixups arent 1 frame startup that both go half screen. Why does he just get to auto mix you when you get near him? You have pokes and footsies and mb b3 and backdash and roll and sweep. That's all without labbing it. Calm down folks, everyone has mix ups, in all fighting games, all the time, it's your job to not let them use it. The problem with mkx (that I had) was these mixups had long range and quick startup so they could be done from neutral, instead of after winning the neutral. I'm gonna give NRS the benefit of the doubt until the 16th at least.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If I beat my opponent, I want it to be because I outplayed them, not because they lost a coin toss, and the same for when they beat me.
If you think Deadshot's pathetic 50/50 is gonna be a problem, you're gonna be in for a surprise in 2 weeks.

This character is the result of cancer getting cancer.
So you're playing Grodd, Cheetah, or Canary?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wow, didn't realize that post was going to blow up like that (who am I kidding, this is TYM...). When I said "what has me worried is he has a low starter and an overhead starter that can both be used to send the opponent fullscreen. So you fight your way in and then have to guess against a 50/50 or be sent back to fullscreen." I just meant that it had me nervous; it's something to keep an eye on and take into consideration.

All of this is pre-release footage, so trying to say anything is or isn't overpowered at this point is a waste of time. I want an amazing zoner in Injustice; what I don't want is another fucking coin-flip character. Hopefully that's not the case, but it does worry me. And last I checked, I'm allowed to be worried.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I like how people are hyped for Flash and Black Canary, but think Deadshot looks too potato. Like Deadshot's keep away HAS to be ridiculous since there are tons of anti-zoning tools. MB roll is universal, most of the cast has an anti-zoning tool at the ready. And of course there is using your brain and working your way in slowly. It's astounding that people feel cheeted when a zoner kills them because they were too impatient to work their way on, but dont have an aneurism when they are killed by a straight guess on a 50/50.
Grandmaster is too potato.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Thanks for the video k&m, good work as always.

Imho, regardless of how powerful he really is, he will be nerfed during the first 2-3 months of Inj2. This kind of character is far too annoying for the majority of people.
They didn't nerf Jaqui though... right?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
We may be jumping to conclusions, but its Deadshot's versatility coupled with his zoning that has us worried. It looks like after you have worked to get in, he has attacks that just reset the original situation putting you back at square one. You need tools to go through his zoning because going around it just isn't going to work.
Yeah and you have tools. All characters have tools for it. And yeah Deadshot isn't helpless up close, but he has pretty meh range on normals, bad risk/reward on mixups, and little combo ability. Up close he won't be able to deal with Aquaman or Robin's range, Batman's pressure, etc...

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah and you have tools. All characters have tools for it. And yeah Deadshot isn't helpless up close, but he has pretty meh range on normals, bad risk/reward on mixups, and little combo ability. Up close he won't be able to deal with Aquaman or Robin's range, Batman's pressure, etc...
And his wakeup looks pretty meh, so it looks like he can be bullied pretty hard on knockdown. Also don't remember seeing any great side-switching options, so it could be rough for him to escape the corner.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Deadshot looks like a juiced version of Erron Black with all 3 of his variations active at once.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
They didnt nerf full auto so maybe there is hope for deadshot ? Also with acidic , they nerfed him but hes still good . Maybe they actually learned how to balance zoners ?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wonder how well the up close bounce shot will be for anti air.

The Deathstroke of America Aris just recently pointed out that DS lacking a Deathstroke like Sword Spin could really hurt his gameplan.