What's new

K&M Present - Getting Started: Brainiac

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys,

Once again, we've added a new character to our Getting Started series, this time we focus on Brainiac.

Now launch week is over, we'll be able to knuckle down to Youtube once again and get more of these made. Sharing this vid on TYM in case anyone is looking for a starting point.

Cheers!

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Awesome! I might have to give him a whirl.
(Why isn't the guy who said he was the face of brainiac and that he was going to havethe prettiest brainiac making this video? Lol)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Absolutely love this character. Really wish his gear moves were part of his base toolset, though. Well, at least the Harpoon and the Ground Laser.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
His parry should definitely be in his base moveset so he could have a viable wake-up
I know it's stuffable but shoulder's a solid wakeup, covers a lot of distance and can cheeky safe meterburn it.

So far I have Tendril Slide and Tendril Grab? The one that can be meter burned for a combo, haven't labbed it yet though. Tendril Slide is amazing but it takes away shoulder charge which messes with combos.

REYTHEGREAT

Not going to lie, Brainiac looks pretty damn cool. But the fact that his trait goes away on hit and on block sucks. Many un safe moves and relies heavily on meter. He does have pretty good mobility and could easily catch you slipping with those divekicks setups. I just wish those gear moves we saw on his trailer were standard.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I feel like you have to work harder with Brainiac than other characters, but not to the point of brokenness. I also feel like nobody has really put the character together all the way yet. We see glimpses of it with corner drone set-ups and ridiculous half-screen away harassment, but sooner or later someone is gonna crack him wide open and find some real dirty tech.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Also, whatever. I played Lex and Kotal in the last two NRS games. I know all about working harder than other characters for a W!

I absolutely love this character. His mid screen game is beautiful, not to mention his jumping 1 into meter burn dive kick is filthy af.