What's new

[K&M] MK11 Explained — Meter and Mechanics

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Is this street fighter?! No. This is MK and NRS should've kept what works as part of evolving, not just take space flight into another world for the sake of not feeling like a reskin... dont drop universal enhancements for all characters... Now it is harder to learn and retain inputs now..o don't have much time...I also see that move lists / strings are reduced wtf. Good idea for fatal blows but just keep meter bar for offense, not defense. Dashing and move speed needs to be faster I'm a dedicated "casual" and I regret my preorder right now which I still have time to cancel.
lmao

Is this street fighter?! No. This is MK and NRS should've kept what works as part of evolving, not just take space flight into another world for the sake of not feeling like a reskin... dont drop universal enhancements for all characters... Now it is harder to learn and retain inputs now..o don't have much time...I also see that move lists / strings are reduced wtf. Good idea for fatal blows but just keep meter bar for offense, not defense. Dashing and move speed needs to be faster I'm a dedicated "casual" and I regret my preorder right now which I still have time to cancel.
Comments like this make me wish this site had a dislike button as well as some kind of credibility system so I can help put this guy in red.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Comments like this make me wish this site had a dislike button as well as some kind of credibility system so I can help put this guy in red.
I'm pretty sure that's somebodies alt lel

Also what's the window for a flawless block? In frames? Do we know this?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Oh, I was in the middle of typing up a reply to that rich guy and now his comments are gone.

Rip.

Anyway, I'm liking how the game still looks pretty casual friendly on a surface level, but with things like flawless block and the ability to control when your krushing blows trigger, there's still enough depth to reward the players who put time and effort into the lab.

It's gonna be real interesting to look back at the first month of gameplay once we're a year or so in.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Can you imagine if the people who actually played it reacted like that?
those comments seem very like familiar wording though.. its almost as if he is just repeating what that maxdood guy said & hasn't touched the game.

3 frames in the current build
dunno if that might not be too much. seems like it should be a 1-frame thing to keep a higher risk of failing. otherwise good peoples matches might become flawless block only.

also i wonder if theres some sneaky way to at least semi-option-select flawless block, so that you either get it or normal block, so you can try it every time without a risk.

also i wonder if theres some sneaky way to at least semi-option-select flawless block, so that you either get it or normal block, so you can try it every time without a risk.
If there is hopefully it gets patched out quick smart.

I don't see the point in adding high risk/high reward mechanics like this which can then be made lower risk if you miss it. If you're good enough to pull it off, you take that openign. If you're not, there shouldn't be a fallback where you're still safe, and should have to suffer the consequences.