What's new

Just walk and punish. Anti-Sheeva stomp.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
if you dash at the right time you can punish it too but it’s probably different for all characters depending on what their best advancing string is and it’s also tricky since they can delay it.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
if you dash at the right time you can punish it too but it’s probably different for all characters depending on what their best advancing string is and it’s also tricky since they can delay it.
Yes! I've played against people that dash repeatedly or use forward advancing strings to avoid the stomp and depending on your character that can be really effective. The nice part about this though isn't that it isn't timing depending and the significant majority of the cast can just effortlessly both dodge and then punish the stomp.

Some people do not own Sheeva and can't lab this, so I'm trying to get the information out to those people.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
it will still hit people all the time. A move doesn't have to be safe and not have a work around to be useful. Just watch Foxy or Bio's streams.. they are both stomping pros all the time.

Syzoth

what about sheeva aiming her stomp ? she can go forward or backward.
That's variation specific and requires them to pick the direction you're going to walk. 33/33/33. Hope you can side with the odds on that one.

They can't wait and see, they have to input the direction immediately.

Syzoth

it will still hit people all the time. A move doesn't have to be safe and not have a work around to be useful. Just watch Foxy or Bio's streams.. they are both stomping pros all the time.
Given time people will adjust to the matchup. When the game first came out I was getting hit by all kinds of "mix-ups" that I later learned were never mix-ups.

Also DLC characters always come in strong and get whittled down some. If enough people are angry about stomp it won't matter if it's good or not - it'll be nerfed.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
they do... but what I am saying is that a move is not just equated by the paper values. There are plenty of moves that are 100% punishable and avoidable and still hit people constantly. It is all about how you play. This idea that has come into the FGGC over the last 10 years that says moves are only good because of their + or - frames on hit or block is just bollocks. Even well into Sheeva's life span in MK11 the drop will STILL be punishing the shit out of people. I mean remember sky drop in MKx for Quan? Pros were getting evo medals using that move and it was WAY "worse" than mk11 sheeva drop.

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I mean remember sky drop in MKx for Quan? Pros were getting evo medals using that move and it was WAY worse than mk11 sheeva drop.
If I recall correctly, that was one of the least used moves in the game because it was so ass. No one expected anyone to use it, ever. So yeah it would work in the sense of "Oh my god did this guy really just skydrop on me?" but it was to be used EXTREMELY sparingly.

Syzoth

Shang's f4 can get out of both her regular and forward stomp, but delay can fuck the timing up
There's alot of characters with some good anti stomp tech. A list of options could and maybe should be made but my goal was just to find the simplest solution and with what characters it pertained to.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I thought she only had a normal and long delay, but she can actually delay anywhere between 1 and 30 frames. That's pretty fucked up lol. It wouldn't be that bad if it didn't randomly cross you up and reverse your inputs

Stomp without the ability to directional change like in v1 is a bill. But that direction change in v1 is really good.

But if you have real big dick energy you go for the d2 trade