What's new

Guide - Killer Just Sit Back and Enjoy the Chili (Completely Revised Killer Guide)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Just Sit Back and Enjoy the Chili
Hello my lovelies! Here it is. My finalized Killer guide. The last one was outdated, poorly organized and just kind of meh but now! Now I have a new guide, dare I say, a better guide. So please, sit back, relax, and enjoy the Chili.

Breakdown
  • Killer Leatherface is possibly the weirdest character in the entire game. Killer Leatherface takes a ton of aspects from multiple archetypes and mashes them all together. In short, Killer is simply that. Killer. He controls the space, he restricts certain movement options, he plays mind games with your opponent, he has good mixups/set play but can also play the patient defensive game, relying on micro-reads and punishing the opponent's bad choices. He can be molded to your playstyle which makes creating a guide for him very tough. He's not like Butcher or Pretty Lady where he has one mode and sticks with that mode. Killer encourages you to play the way you want to play him. Simply take the clay and mold it...erm, or take the leather and stitch it?
Pros
  • Fast normals (F1/S1/S2)
  • Large disjointed hitboxes
  • High damage
  • Good pokes
  • Armored Mixups on Wakeup
  • Encourages the Player to "Play Their Way"
  • Good stagger game
  • Fantastic forward moving mid in Berserker Stance-1
  • God of catching backdashes/backjumps
Cons
  • Bad whiff recovery on almost every move
  • Fairly read based
  • Slower armor
  • Low profiling issues involving Berserker Stance-1
  • Fairly meter dependent
  • More read based style of play
Normals/Strings
D1- 7f mid crouching normal. -4 on block and +13 on hit. This is your second best poke next to D3 which will be discussed later. It is slower than D3 however it is more advantageous than it and less negative on block. This normal jails into your F1/S1/S2/D1/D3 and makes your low option of F3 come out in 4f. This is a fairly good poke and something you will becoming acquainted with as you play Leatherface.

D3- 6f low crouching normal. -8 on block and +10 on hit with a very low amount of recovery frames. This is your main tool in the poke/counterpoke game as far as your crouching normals are concerned. Once again it jails into F1/S1/S2/D1/D3 however the timing is a bit tighter since you have less frames to work with but if you practice enough you'll get the jailing down and be on your way to using that D3 as effectively as you can.

D4- 16f low crouching normal. -16 on block and +6 on hit. This is a pretty bad D4 however the saving grace of it is its large hitbox and its monstrous 15 active frames. It's decent for spacing but other than that, I'd use this sparingly.

B4- 21f low sweep. -6 on block, +24 on hit, hard knockdown. While this normal is on the slower side, it is one of the best Sweeps in the game in my personal opinion. It has good range, deceptively so, and is only -6 on block so you can kind of just throw this out in the small pauses of the neutral. Definitely better than our D4 for spacing.

F1- 7f advancing high. This is basically your most important normal. This button will be your main punish tool and your most pressed button outside of most likely your pokes. It is -1 on block making it perfect for staggering and is +17 on hit which means if a stray F1 hits your opponent they HAVE to block any followup F1/S1/S2/D1/D3 that you decide to do. Can also land you a free grab if they're not expecting it.

F12- The string that F1 leads into, F12 (hits high then mid) is the most iconic Leatherface string in his whole arsenal and for good reason. F12 is -16 on block but will always be canceled into Berserker Stance 1 to make it safe with no gaps. F12 will catch most backdashes and jump backs, making the opponent scared to go on the retreat, which is something that I particularly like about Leatherface. This string will limit your opponent's options on defense, leaving you more leeway to apply pressure.

S1- 8f high. +2 on block and +14 on hit. This is a pretty good S1. Being plus on block makes it great for staggering and S1 into grab hits so many people it's practically guaranteed.

S12- High, Overhead string, S12 is +15 on hit and -22 on block but just like F12, you can cancel into Berserker Stance to make the string safe. I rarely use this string but if you do use this string it will most likely be while you're staggering S1. Other than that it's usually used in combos as filler. Not a ton to talk about, good string tho.

S122- High, Overhead, Mid string. Meterless launcher, -11 on block, non special cancelable. You will most likely be rarely using this string in Killer. However if you do, just be sparing with it as it's unsafe, it does land you some pretty good meterless damage though.

S2- 8f high, +2 on block and +20 on hit. This is one of the more important normals that Killer has. It being +20 makes it the most advantageous on hit normal that we have which opens up a TON of options using it in conjunction with our restands (will go over later) It's also pretty good at being used to stagger, much like S1.

S22- High, Mid string that is +2 on block and +15 on hit. Used to continue your pressure, if you're looking for plus frames, you will be using S22. This is a pressure tool that even I need to use more often and is much more important than even the best Killer players (all two of them) let on. This is a strong string and shouldn't be underestimated.

S22U2- High, Mid, Overhead. -4 on block and +19 on hit, ends in a knockdown. This in conjunction with S22D2 adds a little 50/50 to S22. It's not a ton of damage but if they get hit by it a couple times, the damage adds up quickly.

S22D2- High, Mid, Low. -9 and +2 on hit, also ends in a knockdown. As stated before this adds a 50/50 element to S22. It's less safe (can be punished by some characters if blocked) and is less + on hit by a large margin.

F3- 17f Low, -9 on block and +15 on hit. This is going to be your low starter. It's something you can throw out every once in awhile to catch people who are blocking high for a good chunk of damage. Also used in some resets Killer has, other than that it's a pretty lack luster normal, fairly linear in usage.

D2- 7f high crouching normal. Our main easy to use on reaction anti-air. Has a good hitbox and is relatively fast. One of the better D2's probably. Not much to say.

B2- 15f Overhead. -14 on block, +10 on hit, knockdown. This normal is a big part of our spacing game. It has huge range and is pretty damn fast considering that range. It catches some jump ins but do NOT misspace this normal you will get blown out super hard. It's -40 on whiff making it pretty risky to use if you don't space it correctly, be wary.

B1- 27f Overhead starter. -10 on block and +3 on hit, this normal is used as nothing more or less than an Overhead starter as mentioned. You will hardly use this in the neutral and will most likely only use it in a possible reset situation. Just like F3, it's a pretty straight forward linear normal, decently reactable.

F2- 32f Overhead. This is a normal that will only be used either as a reset tool or as a meaty. You will never and I repeat NEVER use this in the neutral unless you are a complete savage (sometimes, I use it in the neutral but do as I say not as I do) The implications of this normal will be explained later. The strings associated with it (F21/F21D2) are only really useful in meterless conversion but F21D2 is a meterless launching overhead so keep that in mind I suppose.

S3- 12f Mid that is -2 on block and +8 on hit. If anyone tells you Leatherface is lacking up close good speed mids, just shove this button in their face and watch them shut up. S3 is a fairly solid mid to be used up close, use it to gain respect and full combo people disrespecting you.

Special Moves
DB1 "Psycho Kutter"- 21f Overhead. -24 on block, +25 on hit, -48 on whiff. This move is going to be your typical ender. When you EX it, it simply gains more damage and two hits of armor. If you are going to do this move as an armored reversal. Remember that if they block or make it whiff, you are eating a full combo cleanly every time. Mileena's F3 can punish this thing on whiff people, use it sparingly as a counter poke/wakeup but it is perfectly fine as a tool to abuse gaps.

DF4 "Spinning Saw"- Never. Under any circumstances. Ever. Will you use this move. This is, by far, the most useless move across both Pretty Lady and Killer, that Leatherface has (Butcher gets a better armored reversal instead of this trash can move) I repeat NEVER USE THIS MOVE. The EX one even more so. It is death on whiff and punishable on block and the EX one is just absolute suicide on block and a little less bad but still terrible on hit. I will repeat one last time so it is completely clear. To anyone playing Pretty Lady or Killer. DO. NOT. USE. EITHER. VERSION. OF. THIS MOVE.

DB4 "High Saw"- Simple combo filler special. Gets you some pretty disgusting damage numbers both midscreen and in the corner. No real use outside of that. It's bad as an anti-air, don't even try it.

BD4 "Chain Sparks"- Ah chain sparks. You are going to learn to love this move. This is a restand/combo extender and it is where a lot of our dirt comes from in Leatherface across the board. It's unsafe on block sure, it has bad recovery sure but honestly what doesn't on Leatherface? The move is a 17f mid that is active for 41f. To put that into perspective, Hellfire Scorpion's Flame Aura, a move reviled by many a player for its intense active frames making it hard to punish, only has 29 active frames. This is like Flame Aura on steroids but a lot easier to punish on block. You may use it similarly to Flame Aura but I would suggest doing that a little less so simply because unlike Flame Aura, if the opponent blocks Chain Sparks, the active frames stop.

BF3 "Low Saw"- 19f low hitting dash. -14 on block, +13 on hit. When a bar is spent on it, it doesmore damage, becomes +32 on hit and gains 2 hits of armor. Overall this is one of your gap closing tools/armored reversal. I would suggest using this more often than DB1 as a reversal/counter poking armor since it is harder to punish and isn't nearly as bad on whiff since you'll distance yourself from the opponent.

Berserker Stance
DB3 "Berserker Stance"- This is assumedly why you picked this variation over the other two. Berserker Stance is the center of the character that is Killer Leatherface. This is a tool that you will learn to bend to your will and make your opponent tremble in fear. So, what IS Berserker Stance. Berserker Stance is a state that Leatherface enters where he revs up his chainsaw and prepares to do one of a few options. First we're going to go over the activation of the stance itself. Upon startup, this move will absorb a projectile that would normally hit you (if it hits at the moment of the startup) which can be fairly useful. While in the default DB3 state you can also cancel out of it by hitting 3 again.

DB3->4 "Running Frenzy"- The gimmickiest tool at our disposal, the unblockable move. This move has a startup of 43f and can NOT be blocked. It's completely reactable however it still has its uses involving some reset situations due to the ability to cancel it at any point of the startup animation by pressing 3. If it hits you can meterburn it to gain more hit advantage and a chunk 22% percent unbreakable damage.

DB3->1 "Psycho Rush"- This is the single most important thing in the entirety of your variation specific toolset. The frame data says it is a 5f mid but this isn't quite true considering you need to take into account the startup frames of DB3 itself (if anyone has the exact frame data for this PLEASE let me know so I may put it into the guide) In short let's just say it's definitely not 5f. But let's talk about what I definitely know about this thing. Its hitbox is GIGANTIC, it catches backdashes, backjumps, it whiff punishes, it can even anti-air sometimes if done enough in advance. It beats out a ton of normals in the neutral and can only be punished by one character in the whole game. This is your lifeblood. Upon connecting you can meterburn it to turn it into a launcher which will land you tons of damage. Easiest hitconfirm ever. You can also cancel your pokes into this move to develop a strong incentive for your opponent to not press a button after blocking a poke, creating a very strong poking/counter poking meta for you.

DB3->2 "No Escape"-Multiple overhead swipes that are -12 on block, No Escape is an oddity of a move. If the opponent is in a juggle state, it will restand them however it leaves you at -1 dumbly enough. On block if you meterburn it, it becomes +1 but has a big enough gap to backdash, making it basically "Throw away a bar" It does decent chip but again, it's -12 on block, which means it's punishable by a lot of the cast. Overall this move is pretty lack lust, try to avoid it unless you are HEAVILY abusing someone's lack of matchup knowledge.

Combos
This is where I show you all the goodies. The big boy damage. As a certain Mr. Aquaman would refer to it as "Full grown, 401k paying man damage" If you want the big numbers, you've come to the right place

Midscreen

Meterless
(Starter) xx BD4, F21D2, NJP, F1, F12 xx DB1 (31%-35%)

122, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (33%)

F21D2, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (36%)

Metered
ONE BAR
(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (38%-43%) *Damage*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S2 (33%-37%) *S2 Reset*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (31%-36%) *F2 Reset*

TWO BAR
(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, F12 xx EX DB4, Run, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (44%-49%)

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, F12 xx EX DB4, Run, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S2 (39%-44%) *S2 Reset*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, F12 xx EX DB4, Run, S12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (38%-43%) *F2 Reset*

Corner

Meterless
(Starter) xx BD4, F21D2, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx DB3->1 (33%-36%)

F212, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S3 xx DB1 (38%) *Damage*

F212, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S2 (33%) *S2 Reset*

F212, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (33%) *F2 Reset*

Metered
(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burned, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S4 xx DB1 (41%-46%) *Damage*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burned, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S2 (35%-39%) *S2 Reset*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burned, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (36%-40%) *F2 Reset*

Killer's Playstyle- So this is by far, the hardest part for me to explain and this is because...Killer doesn't really have an optimal play style. He has so many different ways you can twist and turn him using his tools that it becomes hard to tell people how he plays. When someone asks "What kind of character is Killer?" I simply shrug and respond with, "He's Killer." I will try my hardest to explain exactly what it means to be playing Killer Leatherface.

Gameplan
Here I'll go over the oddity that is the Killer "Play style"

Killer Leatherface is a space control, stagger pressure, reset heavy, read based, defensive yet offensive character. When you're playing Killer, you basically choose what kind of character you are wanting to play as the match goes on. You need to have the ability to go from being patiently waiting for your opponent to make mistakes to going absolutely ham on your opponent. He's sort of a Jack of All Trades Master of none kind of character in a really big way. This character encourages you to utilize this kind of toolset to play to your own style. Some Killer Leatherfaces will be on the more defensive side, Dab being a great example of a player who does the more defensive Killer playstyle and I'm more of an example of a more aggressive Killer who wants to overwhelm you from the git-go. If you pick up there character, you won't really choose this playstyle, it'll simply be how you play him.

Staggers
In this section I'll be going over what strings/normals you'll be using for your staggers. It's important to have this down for any character you play and Killer is no exception!
F1- As stated before, F1 is only -1 on block, making it great for staggers considering its speed/recovery/low disadvantage on block. After F1 like most staggers you can either go for a poke to check a high or if you've really gotten their respect, go for that delicious 12% via a grab.

S1- +2 on block, it's a pretty standard S1 to use for your staggers. Not much to say about it. Use your plus frames wisely!

S2- Much like S1, S2 is +2 on block as well. However the strings following it add to his stagger game a lot more. This normal also has a slight range advantage and an intense hit advantage increase over S1, you're probably going to use this a lot more than S1.

S22- Once again +2 and just layers on your stagger game. You can randomly put Berserker Stances here and there, mix the opponent up really well.

S22D2/S22U2- Finally in the Standing 2 string series we get to the little 50/50 strings that just add once more, layers to the stagger game!

Resets

A big part of Killer's gameplay are the setups/resets that he possesses. Using these setups in conjunction with Leatherface's high damage output, you can obliterate and opponent's health bar very quickly. Here are the two that I feel are the most important to know about.
The Standing 2 Reset concept is a fairly simple but effective idea. Simply end your combo with a restand into S2 and proceed to mixup. S2 is +20 on hit which means that a lot of options will jail and you basically get to do whatever afterwards. The following shows just three of the many options you have in this setup (The options in the video being B1 for an Overhead reset, F3 for a Low reset or a Grab for a hefty amount of additional damage)
This is a reset concept that has been in the game almost since Killer was introduced. Essentially how it works is you end your combo with F2 xx Berserker Stance 4. This leaves your opponent with 2 options and 3 if they have a fast enough poke. The first option is to armor out, now the window to armor is a bit awkward especially since you cannot buffer out specials in hitstun so you will surprisingly not see people armor out nearly as often as they may want to. The second option is backdash out of the unblockable and punish you and finally the third option is to poke out of it if they have a 6f or faster poke. Once again however, the window to poke is a bit awkward and not many people know about it. So, what's stopping the opponent from just backdashing every time? Well I'm glad you asked. The ability to cancel Berserker Stance 4 makes it so this basically becomes a 50/50. They either guess you'll go full on with the unblockable and backdash or guess that you're going to cancel the unblockable and try to catch a backdash and they will simply stand there and block. This can add a very hefty amount of damage to your combos, turning mid 40's into low 50's real quick.

Well Folks! That has been my guide on Killer Leatherface! Please do comment what you think and I do hope you enjoyed that Chili! Peace out!

Last edited:

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Just Sit Back and Enjoy the Chili
Hello my lovelies! Here it is. My finalized Killer guide. The last one was outdated, poorly organized and just kind of meh but now! Now I have a new guide, dare I say, a better guide. So please, sit back, relax, and enjoy the Chili.

Breakdown
  • Killer Leatherface is possibly the weirdest character in the entire game. Killer Leatherface takes a ton of aspects from multiple archetypes and mashes them all together. In short, Killer is simply that. Killer. He controls the space, he restricts certain movement options, he plays mind games with your opponent, he has good mixups/set play but can also play the patient defensive game, relying on micro-reads and punishing the opponent's bad choices. He can be molded to your playstyle which makes creating a guide for him very tough. He's not like Butcher or Pretty Lady where he has one mode and sticks with that mode. Killer encourages you to play the way you want to play him. Simply take the clay and mold it...erm, or take the leather and stitch it?
Pros
  • Fast normals (F1/S1/S2)
  • Large disjointed hitboxes
  • High damage
  • Good pokes
  • Armored Mixups on Wakeup
  • Encourages the Player to "Play Their Way"
  • Good stagger game
  • Fantastic forward moving mid in Berserker Stance-1
  • God of catching backdashes/backjumps
Cons
  • Bad whiff recovery on almost every move
  • Fairly read based
  • Slower armor
  • Low profiling issues involving Berserker Stance-1
  • Fairly meter dependent
  • More read based style of play
Normals/Strings
D1- 7f mid crouching normal. -4 on block and +13 on hit. This is your second best poke next to D3 which will be discussed later. It is slower than D3 however it is more advantageous than it and less negative on block. This normal jails into your F1/S1/S2/D1/D3 and makes your low option of F3 come out in 4f. This is a fairly good poke and something you will becoming acquainted with as you play Leatherface.

D3- 6f low crouching normal. -8 on block and +10 on hit with a very low amount of recovery frames. This is your main tool in the poke/counterpoke game as far as your crouching normals are concerned. Once again it jails into F1/S1/S2/D1/D3 however the timing is a bit tighter since you have less frames to work with but if you practice enough you'll get the jailing down and be on your way to using that D3 as effectively as you can.

D4- 16f low crouching normal. -16 on block and +6 on hit. This is a pretty bad D4 however the saving grace of it is its large hitbox and its monstrous 15 active frames. It's decent for spacing but other than that, I'd use this sparingly.

B4- 21f low sweep. -6 on block, +24 on hit, hard knockdown. While this normal is on the slower side, it is one of the best Sweeps in the game in my personal opinion. It has good range, deceptively so, and is only -6 on block so you can kind of just throw this out in the small pauses of the neutral. Definitely better than our D4 for spacing.

F1- 7f advancing high. This is basically your most important normal. This button will be your main punish tool and your most pressed button outside of most likely your pokes. It is -1 on block making it perfect for staggering and is +17 on hit which means if a stray F1 hits your opponent they HAVE to block any followup F1/S1/S2/D1/D3 that you decide to do. Can also land you a free grab if they're not expecting it.

F12- The string that F1 leads into, F12 (hits high then mid) is the most iconic Leatherface string in his whole arsenal and for good reason. F12 is -16 on block but will always be canceled into Berserker Stance 1 to make it safe with no gaps. F12 will catch most backdashes and jump backs, making the opponent scared to go on the retreat, which is something that I particularly like about Leatherface. This string will limit your opponent's options on defense, leaving you more leeway to apply pressure.

S1- 8f high. +2 on block and +14 on hit. This is a pretty good S1. Being plus on block makes it great for staggering and S1 into grab hits so many people it's practically guaranteed.

S12- High, Overhead string, S12 is +15 on hit and -22 on block but just like F12, you can cancel into Berserker Stance to make the string safe. I rarely use this string but if you do use this string it will most likely be while you're staggering S1. Other than that it's usually used in combos as filler. Not a ton to talk about, good string tho.

S122- High, Overhead, Mid string. Meterless launcher, -11 on block, non special cancelable. You will most likely be rarely using this string in Killer. However if you do, just be sparing with it as it's unsafe, it does land you some pretty good meterless damage though.

S2- 8f high, +2 on block and +20 on hit. This is one of the more important normals that Killer has. It being +20 makes it the most advantageous on hit normal that we have which opens up a TON of options using it in conjunction with our restands (will go over later) It's also pretty good at being used to stagger, much like S1.

S22- High, Mid string that is +2 on block and +15 on hit. Used to continue your pressure, if you're looking for plus frames, you will be using S22. This is a pressure tool that even I need to use more often and is much more important than even the best Killer players (all two of them) let on. This is a strong string and shouldn't be underestimated.

S22U2- High, Mid, Overhead. -4 on block and +19 on hit, ends in a knockdown. This in conjunction with S22D2 adds a little 50/50 to S22. It's not a ton of damage but if they get hit by it a couple times, the damage adds up quickly.

S22D2- High, Mid, Low. -9 and +2 on hit, also ends in a knockdown. As stated before this adds a 50/50 element to S22. It's less safe (can be punished by some characters if blocked) and is less + on hit by a large margin.

F3- 17f Low, -9 on block and +15 on hit. This is going to be your low starter. It's something you can throw out every once in awhile to catch people who are blocking high for a good chunk of damage. Also used in some resets Killer has, other than that it's a pretty lack luster normal, fairly linear in usage.

D2- 7f high crouching normal. Our main easy to use on reaction anti-air. Has a good hitbox and is relatively fast. One of the better D2's probably. Not much to say.

B2- 15f Overhead. -14 on block, +10 on hit, knockdown. This normal is a big part of our spacing game. It has huge range and is pretty damn fast considering that range. It catches some jump ins but do NOT misspace this normal you will get blown out super hard. It's -40 on whiff making it pretty risky to use if you don't space it correctly, be wary.

B1- 27f Overhead starter. -10 on block and +3 on hit, this normal is used as nothing more or less than an Overhead starter as mentioned. You will hardly use this in the neutral and will most likely only use it in a possible reset situation. Just like F3, it's a pretty straight forward linear normal, decently reactable.

F2- 32f Overhead. This is a normal that will only be used either as a reset tool or as a meaty. You will never and I repeat NEVER use this in the neutral unless you are a complete savage (sometimes, I use it in the neutral but do as I say not as I do) The implications of this normal will be explained later. The strings associated with it (F21/F21D2) are only really useful in meterless conversion but F21D2 is a meterless launching overhead so keep that in mind I suppose.

S3- 12f Mid that is -2 on block and +8 on hit. If anyone tells you Leatherface is lacking up close good speed mids, just shove this button in their face and watch them shut up. S3 is a fairly solid mid to be used up close, use it to gain respect and full combo people disrespecting you.

Special Moves
DB1 "Psycho Kutter"- 21f Overhead. -24 on block, +25 on hit, -48 on whiff. This move is going to be your typical ender. When you EX it, it simply gains more damage and two hits of armor. If you are going to do this move as an armored reversal. Remember that if they block or make it whiff, you are eating a full combo cleanly every time. Mileena's F3 can punish this thing on whiff people, use it sparingly as a counter poke/wakeup but it is perfectly fine as a tool to abuse gaps.

DF4 "Spinning Saw"- Never. Under any circumstances. Ever. Will you use this move. This is, by far, the most useless move across both Pretty Lady and Killer, that Leatherface has (Butcher gets a better armored reversal instead of this trash can move) I repeat NEVER USE THIS MOVE. The EX one even more so. It is death on whiff and punishable on block and the EX one is just absolute suicide on block and a little less bad but still terrible on hit. I will repeat one last time so it is completely clear. To anyone playing Pretty Lady or Killer. DO. NOT. USE. EITHER. VERSION. OF. THIS MOVE.

DB4 "High Saw"- Simple combo filler special. Gets you some pretty disgusting damage numbers both midscreen and in the corner. No real use outside of that. It's bad as an anti-air, don't even try it.

BD4 "Chain Sparks"- Ah chain sparks. You are going to learn to love this move. This is a restand/combo extender and it is where a lot of our dirt comes from in Leatherface across the board. It's unsafe on block sure, it has bad recovery sure but honestly what doesn't on Leatherface? The move is a 17f mid that is active for 41f. To put that into perspective, Hellfire Scorpion's Flame Aura, a move reviled by many a player for its intense active frames making it hard to punish, only has 29 active frames. This is like Flame Aura on steroids but a lot easier to punish on block. You may use it similarly to Flame Aura but I would suggest doing that a little less so simply because unlike Flame Aura, if the opponent blocks Chain Sparks, the active frames stop.

BF3 "Low Saw"- 19f low hitting dash. -14 on block, +13 on hit. When a bar is spent on it, it doesmore damage, becomes +32 on hit and gains 2 hits of armor. Overall this is one of your gap closing tools/armored reversal. I would suggest using this more often than DB1 as a reversal/counter poking armor since it is harder to punish and isn't nearly as bad on whiff since you'll distance yourself from the opponent.

Berserker Stance
DB3 "Berserker Stance"- This is assumedly why you picked this variation over the other two. Berserker Stance is the center of the character that is Killer Leatherface. This is a tool that you will learn to bend to your will and make your opponent tremble in fear. So, what IS Berserker Stance. Berserker Stance is a state that Leatherface enters where he revs up his chainsaw and prepares to do one of a few options. First we're going to go over the activation of the stance itself. Upon startup, this move will absorb a projectile that would normally hit you (if it hits at the moment of the startup) which can be fairly useful. While in the default DB3 state you can also cancel out of it by hitting 3 again.

DB3->4 "Running Frenzy"- The gimmickiest tool at our disposal, the unblockable move. This move has a startup of 43f and can NOT be blocked. It's completely reactable however it still has its uses involving some reset situations due to the ability to cancel it at any point of the startup animation by pressing 3. If it hits you can meterburn it to gain more hit advantage and a chunk 22% percent unbreakable damage.

DB3->1 "Psycho Rush"- This is the single most important thing in the entirety of your variation specific toolset. The frame data says it is a 5f mid but this isn't quite true considering you need to take into account the startup frames of DB3 itself (if anyone has the exact frame data for this PLEASE let me know so I may put it into the guide) In short let's just say it's definitely not 5f. But let's talk about what I definitely know about this thing. Its hitbox is GIGANTIC, it catches backdashes, backjumps, it whiff punishes, it can even anti-air sometimes if done enough in advance. It beats out a ton of normals in the neutral and can only be punished by one character in the whole game. This is your lifeblood. Upon connecting you can meterburn it to turn it into a launcher which will land you tons of damage. Easiest hitconfirm ever. You can also cancel your pokes into this move to develop a strong incentive for your opponent to not press a button after blocking a poke, creating a very strong poking/counter poking meta for you.

DB3->2 "No Escape"-Multiple overhead swipes that are -12 on block, No Escape is an oddity of a move. If the opponent is in a juggle state, it will restand them however it leaves you at -1 dumbly enough. On block if you meterburn it, it becomes +1 but has a big enough gap to backdash, making it basically "Throw away a bar" It does decent chip but again, it's -12 on block, which means it's punishable by a lot of the cast. Overall this move is pretty lack lust, try to avoid it unless you are HEAVILY abusing someone's lack of matchup knowledge.

Combos
This is where I show you all the goodies. The big boy damage. As a certain Mr. Aquaman would refer to it as "Full grown, 401k paying man damage" If you want the big numbers, you've come to the right place

Midscreen

Meterless
(Starter) xx BD4, F21D2, NJP, F1, F12 xx DB1 (31%-35%)

122, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (33%)

F21D2, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (36%)

Metered
ONE BAR
(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (38%-43%) *Damage*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S2 (33%-37%) *S2 Reset*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, NJP, F1, S12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (31%-36%) *F2 Reset*

TWO BAR
(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, F12 xx EX DB4, Run, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S4 xx DB1 (44%-49%)

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, F12 xx EX DB4, Run, S12 xx BD4, JiP, S2 (39%-44%) *S2 Reset*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burn, F12 xx EX DB4, Run, S12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (38%-43%) *F2 Reset*

Corner

Meterless
(Starter) xx BD4, F21D2, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx DB3->1 (33%-36%)

F212, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S3 xx DB1 (38%) *Damage*

F212, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S2 (33%) *S2 Reset*

F212, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (33%) *F2 Reset*

Metered
(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burned, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S4 xx DB1 (41%-46%) *Damage*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burned, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, S2 (35%-39%) *S2 Reset*

(Starter) xx DB3->1 Meter Burned, F12 xx DB4, F12 xx BD4, F2 xx DB3->4 (36%-40%) *F2 Reset*

Killer's Playstyle- So this is by far, the hardest part for me to explain and this is because...Killer doesn't really have an optimal play style. He has so many different ways you can twist and turn him using his tools that it becomes hard to tell people how he plays. When someone asks "What kind of character is Killer?" I simply shrug and respond with, "He's Killer." I will try my hardest to explain exactly what it means to be playing Killer Leatherface.

Gameplan
Here I'll go over the oddity that is the Killer "Play style"

Killer Leatherface is a space control, stagger pressure, reset heavy, read based, defensive yet offensive character. When you're playing Killer, you basically choose what kind of character you are wanting to play as the match goes on. You need to have the ability to go from being patiently waiting for your opponent to make mistakes to going absolutely ham on your opponent. He's sort of a Jack of All Trades Master of none kind of character in a really big way. This character encourages you to utilize this kind of toolset to play to your own style. Some Killer Leatherfaces will be on the more defensive side, Dab being a great example of a player who does the more defensive Killer playstyle and I'm more of an example of a more aggressive Killer who wants to overwhelm you from the git-go. If you pick up there character, you won't really choose this playstyle, it'll simply be how you play him.

Staggers
In this section I'll be going over what strings/normals you'll be using for your staggers. It's important to have this down for any character you play and Killer is no exception!
F1- As stated before, F1 is only -1 on block, making it great for staggers considering its speed/recovery/low disadvantage on block. After F1 like most staggers you can either go for a poke to check a high or if you've really gotten their respect, go for that delicious 12% via a grab.

S1- +2 on block, it's a pretty standard S1 to use for your staggers. Not much to say about it. Use your plus frames wisely!

S2- Much like S1, S2 is +2 on block as well. However the strings following it add to his stagger game a lot more. This normal also has a slight range advantage and an intense hit advantage increase over S1, you're probably going to use this a lot more than S1.

S22- Once again +2 and just layers on your stagger game. You can randomly put Berserker Stances here and there, mix the opponent up really well.

S22D2/S22U2- Finally in the Standing 2 string series we get to the little 50/50 strings that just add once more, layers to the stagger game!

Resets

A big part of Killer's gameplay are the setups/resets that he possesses. Using these setups in conjunction with Leatherface's high damage output, you can obliterate and opponent's health bar very quickly. Here are the two that I feel are the most important to know about.
The Standing 2 Reset concept is a fairly simple but effective idea. Simply end your combo with a restand into S2 and proceed to mixup. S2 is +20 on hit which means that a lot of options will jail and you basically get to do whatever afterwards. The following shows just three of the many options you have in this setup (The options in the video being B1 for an Overhead reset, F3 for a Low reset or a Grab for a hefty amount of additional damage)
This is a reset concept that has been in the game almost since Killer was introduced. Essentially how it works is you end your combo with F2 xx Berserker Stance 4. This leaves your opponent with 2 options and 3 if they have a fast enough poke. The first option is to armor out, now the window to armor is a bit awkward especially since you cannot buffer out specials in hitstun so you will surprisingly not see people armor out nearly as often as they may want to. The second option is backdash out of the unblockable and punish you and finally the third option is to poke out of it if they have a 6f or faster poke. Once again however, the window to poke is a bit awkward and not many people know about it. So, what's stopping the opponent from just backdashing every time? Well I'm glad you asked. The ability to cancel Berserker Stance 4 makes it so this basically becomes a 50/50. They either guess you'll go full on with the unblockable and backdash or guess that you're going to cancel the unblockable and try to catch a backdash and they will simply stand there and block. This can add a very hefty amount of damage to your combos, turning mid 40's into low 50's real quick.

Well Folks! That has been my guide on Killer Leatherface! Please do comment what you think and I do hope you enjoyed that Chili! Peace out!
Great work as always!

I would not have realized that BS1 was a more damaging finisher in the corner had I not read this guide. I've avoided using it as a finisher because usually it isn't as strong.

That in mind, I believe that the corner metered resets can be further optimized by adding in an NJP before f12~db4. It doesn't change the damage on the pure damage finisher, but on the resets it adds 2%, at least it does on the f12 starter. I haven't kept track with the others, but I will test them out tonight. Fortunately this doesn't add much to the execution barrier because the bounce from the NJP is pretty much the same as from BS1ex.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
CRAZY AND FRIENDS
I'm filling my brain with chili in preparation for the NY local in 2 weeks.
I have only one question...

Why no mention of the F4 restand? What's wrong with it?
I've been out of the loop for a while, but i used it with reasonable success in the past.
Opponent w/no meter and/or stuck in corner is at the least going to have to respect Berserker Stance, no?
F4 ends your combo, BUT it's special/BS cancelable, and in the event your opponent reads unblockable and presses buttons (unless they backdash), every special he has reaches except I think the DF4 Spinny Spin.

Help me out here, fam. I've got no setup yet, but anything I learn/re-learn will be applicable at said show.
Leatherface will have his day.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
CRAZY AND FRIENDS
I'm filling my brain with chili in preparation for the NY local in 2 weeks.
I have only one question...

Why no mention of the F4 restand? What's wrong with it?
I've been out of the loop for a while, but i used it with reasonable success in the past.
Opponent w/no meter and/or stuck in corner is at the least going to have to respect Berserker Stance, no?
F4 ends your combo, BUT it's special/BS cancelable, and in the event your opponent reads unblockable and presses buttons (unless they backdash), every special he has reaches except I think the DF4 Spinny Spin.

Help me out here, fam. I've got no setup yet, but anything I learn/re-learn will be applicable at said show.
Leatherface will have his day.
F4 is alright. I just prefer to cash out on damage rather than decrease how much damage im doing with the restand. When you get that hit you need to make it count.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
F4 is alright. I just prefer to cash out on damage rather than decrease how much damage im doing with the restand. When you get that hit you need to make it count.
That's understandable.
I think I just have too much fun making a saw frenzy and leaving my foe confused.
Before they have time to calculate what to do since they've been left on their feet, more pressure.
Mix in a throw or two, get them in the habit of trying to break them, catch them with a BS~1, go bananas.

Leatherface isn't just a character; he's an experience.
It's in his best interests to make as little sense as possible, whenever possible.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
D4 into Brs1 is my favorite anti-wakeup. Meaty, safe, and high damage. The pushback and blockstun of D4 often catches them off guard even if they block.

Mixing in S12 can catch them with the overhead if they start blocking low. :)