What's new

Just remove it!

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
I understand the stomp was annoying and somewhat broken but the way they adjusted it pretty much renders the move completely useless why the hell didn't they just remove it it literally makes no sense or he'll make it its own damn move and make it not tournament legal I'm sorry I and NRS but sometimes they blow my fucking mind

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It ceretainly seems like they might have hit it a little too hard. Making it more punishable was all it really needed, other than with special cases like Kollector. It just needed to be death on whiff.

Didnt even need to be death on whiff, the narrow hitbox so Kollector could move and the set delay were the important nerfs.

The old recovery was a little overboard but I guess that was for the people who were super free to stomp. Check any of foxys prenerf videos with Sheeva in KL and you will see people doing the goofiest stuff to avoid it or even better blocking the unblockable.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think you deserve to get punished for doing a bad Stomp so I'm about the recovery nerf. It's just degenerate for people to be doing D1's after

Still seems like it should be useful as a teleport against projectiles and as a yolo curveball move. Was the hitbox nerf really that brutal?

You can still view it as an instant get-in move vs zoning when you have the read.

Of course, Sheeva has good projectiles herself, and a whiffed stomp is so crazy bad now that she has less health...

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
It ceretainly seems like they might have hit it a little too hard. Making it more punishable was all it really needed, other than with special cases like Kollector. It just needed to be death on whiff.
And I got to many times hit even tho I knew it was coming.
If I could get away, I could punish her. So saying only change the recovery, wouldn't have changed the Sheeva outcry, I am sure.

Like fluffy said, it will still work against zoning. It should work against jumpers. And Sheeva has 2 moves where you bleed, meaning moving hurts you and you need to move on stomp. Saying it is totally useless now, is a scrub mindset to me. (Especially with the enhanced move)

Thanks for nerfing it @NRS, but the amount of time it took and still no fix for PC, is something I will be angry about till a long time ... (Gladly epic store sale got me to play other games for now, till my Shao Kahn drug is kicking in again :D)

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
And I got to many times hit even tho I knew it was coming.
If I could get away, I could punish her. So saying only change the recovery, wouldn't have changed the Sheeva outcry, I am sure.

Like fluffy said, it will still work against zoning. It should work against jumpers. And Sheeva has 2 moves where you bleed, meaning moving hurts you and you need to move on stomp. Saying it is totally useless now, is a scrub mindset to me. (Especially with the enhanced move)

Thanks for nerfing it @NRS, but the amount of time it took and still no fix for PC, is something I will be angry about till a long time ... (Gladly epic store sale got me to play other games for now, till my Shao Kahn drug is kicking in again :D)
It absolutely does not work with zoners because you can do the stomp on the reaction of their projectile and they still have time to punish you, Hell you could probably go make a sandwich

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
It absolutely does not work with zoners because you can do the stomp on the reaction of their projectile and they still have time to punish you, Hell you could probably go make a sandwich
of course on "reaction" its to late, it's a mind game tool

Yes... you don't use it on reaction, but on a read, to get in. Kotal's kat is also considered an anti-zoning tool, and using it on reaction just gets the kitty hit in its face.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
All they needed to do was reduce the hit advantage or her recovery on hit, so you can't loop it. Or give a short cooldown similar to Sonyas Drone in MKX where it's literally like a 1 second cooldown. The looping was the issue.