What's new

Just installed UMK3 for MAME

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm primarily an MK2 player, but I've officially installed UMK3 on MAME so I can now devote time to playing the game with actual people as opposed to MKT on N64 roms. Would anyone like to welcome me into the fold and give me a 50 game lesson?

I haven't played UMK3 against actual people in ages and I would like to one day become as good as most of you.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Just remember I'm a noob here guys. I'm trying to learn all the character special moves, let alone combos.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Start with either Human Smoke or Ermac, and another character.

Learning HSmoke or Ermac first will teach you alot about this game and help you learn one or two of the best characters in the game.

Sorry Bill, Kang is garbage in UMK3. Dont even bother! :p

X820

Noob
I started out with sindel once I got the feel of the game, she's pretty basic and does easy damage.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I like Jade a lot for her Bo staff, but its a novelty like Scorpions use of an axe in combos. I'll try to learn the two you suggested Tim.

NoDoubt

nasty
Id suggest learning a few characters you favor the most, and once you start woopin in with them, you'll enjoy the game and start expanding and appreciating more and more characters. But thats just me.

I did use Robot Smoke a lot in the beginning, which many people still use when they first start. He has easy set-ups.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
NoDoubtArion said:
Id suggest learning a few characters you favor the most, and once you start woopin in with them, you'll enjoy the game and start expanding and appreciating more and more characters. But thats just me.

I did use Robot Smoke a lot in the beginning, which many people still use when they first start.
He has easy set-ups.
Too easy. Teleport punch counters just about anything. Jump and you're fucked. And that spear hits you before his chest plates open up.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that amazing throw loop.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
ScheissNussen said:
Robo Smokes teleport uppercut isn't even that great when you know how to avoid it. He is a great learning tool for UMK3 though
Running. I hate when my counters for that move whiff because of lag. That really gets under my skin.

NoDoubt

nasty
ScheissNussen said:
Robo Smokes teleport uppercut isn't even that great when you know how to avoid it. He is a great learning tool for UMK3 though
yea thats what i thought...especially considering almost every noob uses him and abuses him on kaillera lol. But yea, u gotta be serious with robo smoke once your fightin high level players or hes fucked.