What's new

Question Just how good is Shang's down3

CYracks

Command Grabber
I've been playing with Shang more (yeah, cause woundcowboy) and it seems like his down3 is really good. Like, Smoke good, it even seems to put him low enough to interrupt some mids and make most opponents wiff crossovers. I was wondering what kind of setups he gets after landing down3.

Shang's d3 is as good as smoke's? So you're saying that by default i already play shang because i can d3 really hard?

nice

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
D3 on hit is +3 and Shang has. 10 frame mid. So yeah he ends up getting a 7 frame mid into ground skull that leaves him at +1

That's all I can think of.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
GS is +2. His D+3 is great because it lowers his hitbox to avoid jump ins and leads into pressure. Be warned that although it will avoid jip most of the time, shang is vulnerable to some mids when the other character lands. The biggest drawback is that he is left in recovery frames if it whiffs or is blocked.

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
You can't play a good shung without down + 3 :) it saves you from people jumping over u like crazy, and stopping their combos dead in their tracks so you can counter.