What's new

Question - Tarkatan Just how do you cancel a down normal into a special

I see both dragon and reo cancel down 1 and down four into rekka and low tail sweep, respectively, all the time. Dragon almost always cancels d1 into rekka and they come out instantly after the d1 is blocked. But no matter of what, when ever i try to do it, it never happens and alien simply just stands there due to being negative. How the hell can they do that?

You have to do it very quickly; but you essentially just input the special move as part of the down+1(or 3, or 4), then press the button that activates the special move. For example, if your special move is quarter circle-forward, you press down+1, then forward+button (button to activate the special).

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Basically, act like you have a command grab and go D1, BF2 in one fluid motion, practice and you should be able to get it down

I was able to cancel into low sweep by doing d4b3. But canceling into rekka seems to be a 50/50 chance of coming out cuz of the input not starting with a down. It seems that its impossible for some one to do that cancel constantly on a regular ps4 pad. I feel that one must have a hitbox to do that cancel consistently

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I was able to cancel into low sweep by doing d4b3. But canceling into rekka seems to be a 50/50 chance of coming out cuz of the input not starting with a down. It seems that its impossible for some one to do that cancel constantly on a regular ps4 pad. I feel that one must have a hitbox to do that cancel consistently
I can assure u cancelling a poke into a bf motion is doable on pad.
Consistently.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i think a better question is "why can u cancel a down normal into a special?"

such an ugly mechanic and when alien does it it's just cancer.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I did it just fine when I used pad. Hitbox won't change something like that cus it's the same on pad. When I used alien I didn't have any issues. Just do it really fast there really isn't any other way to explain it

I did it just fine when I used pad. Hitbox won't change something like that cus it's the same on pad. When I used alien I didn't have any issues. Just do it really fast there really isn't any other way to explain it
Bullshit. Video yourself doing it for 10 times with a pad and upload it

CrazyFingers

I also have a fine time inputting with pad. like I do D1 in command grab on pad all the time and that is MUCH harder than D1 in BF motions.

Tweedy

Noob
i think a better question is "why can u cancel a down normal into a special?"

such an ugly mechanic and when alien does it it's just cancer.
I mean you play a character that has a jump in that doesn't need to auto correct and a mid with a third of the recovery that most have.

So Mileena only lacks good specials to cancel into? Of course Mileena players will go after that. Back off breh. Us Alien and Kung Jin players aren't killers but don't push us.

CrazyFingers

I mean you play a character that has a jump in that doesn't need to auto correct and a mid with a third of the recovery that most have.

So Mileena only lacks good specials to cancel into? Of course Mileena players will go after that. Back off breh. Us Alien and Kung Jin players aren't killers but don't push us.
I personally just don't think any character should be able to poke and then immediately cancel into a special to basically enhance your low poke, it's pretty gross and not something I feel should be in this game.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Bullshit. Video yourself doing it for 10 times with a pad and upload it
1. You wouldn't even know if i am doing it because i am not recording my hands.
2.If you think its bullshit then that's on you
3.I Have a hit box and it doesnt' make everything easy like u think it does. At the end of the day, it comes down to YOU. If u can't do it on a pad, chances are you can't do it on a stick/hitbox/whatever. Practice it. it isnt rocket science

Last edited:

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'

no, i just don't like that particular mechanic. a poke should just be a poke, not turned into a mindgame over whether to take ur turn or not. that's just me. i in general don't like when any character does it, even mileena. it's just ugly.

1. You wouldn't even know if i am doing it because i am not recording my hands.
2.If you think its bullshit then that's on you
3.I Have a hit box and it doesnt' make everything easy like u think it does. At the end of the day, it comes down to YOU. If u can't do it on a pad, chances are you can't do it on a stick/hitbox/whatever. Practice it. it isnt rocket science
easy, you have a smart phone like 99% of the population, so you can include your hand in the video, and you xan also display ai option to prove that nothing is recorded.
I also never mentioned that a hitbox makes everything easy, but it does make most inputs easier due to being able to use all fingers simultaneously.

Last edited:

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Dude, its actually easy. just do d1xxbf4. How do u do combos? Its the same as cancelling a string into a special, just tighter.
If u cant, in the end it might just be u. I know personally that I have trouble doing command grabs un-buffered. But I know thats me and not the controller.

Dude, its actually easy. just do d1xxbf4. How do u do combos? Its the same as cancelling a string into a special, just tighter.
If u cant, in the end it might just be u. I know personally that I have trouble doing command grabs un-buffered. But I know thats me and not the controller.
See you dont even know what the input is and you're here giving advices. If you can do it consistently for 10 times then prove it with a vid. Otherwise i call bs on that

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I personally just don't think any character should be able to poke and then immediately cancel into a special to basically enhance your low poke, it's pretty gross and not something I feel should be in this game.
This guys wants Kitana completely dead.