What's new

Just for fun...

So I figured I ask this here as well just to get ppls opinion. For fun.. A few of us were discussing that IF (and I mean a BIIIIIGGG IF) NRS actually did an NRS cup with MK9 and IGAU being and inv only 8 man tournament, who would you guys vote in?

I am also thinking about having this discussion for fun on the next podcast and I'd like as much feedback on this as possible. It's a fun discussion because it's nearly impossible to choose just 8 players.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
All I can remember from MK9 was Brady hitting Perfect Legend's Kung Lao with like 10 of Johnny's parry x-rays as a Sub main :D I don't recall which event it was, but I stumbled across it a few months ago on youtube and laughed my ass off. Was great to re-live that.

My memory is pretty shit, but for MK9 I strongly second @AZ MotherBrain's list.

Edit: found it, starts around 3:45 if my time stamp fails.

Last edited:

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
MK9:
REO - Kabal
CD Jr. - Jax
Perfect Legend - Kung Lao
DJT - Cyrax
16 bit - Kitana
Pig of the Hut - Kenshi
WoundCowboy - Shang Tsung
Dizzy - Johnny Cage

Most fun game ever <3 There were tons of brilliant players, 8 is not enough! MIT (Scorpion), Tyrant (Jax), DetroitBallin (I know Kabal was his #1, but he also played a great Ermac at one MLG event, so I'd love to see his Ermac for the sake of char diversity), Wafflez (Smoke), Chris G (Reptile), Gross (Sektor), Brady (Sub-Zero), Slips (Scorpion), Maxter (Cyrax, Cage), Crazy Dominican (Kitana), Morty Seinfeld Sonya), Curbo (Cage), MrMileena (Kitana), Noobe (Cyrax), XBlades (Liu Kang), Foxy Granpa (Kung Lao), Ketchup (Sektor), Mustard (Cyrax), Ikizzle (Sektor), Sonic Fox (Mileena, Sonya), xSmokex (Smoke), Shujinkydink (Quan Chi), Riu48 (Sonya)... All amazing players! I also remember a very good Nightwolf player from Atlanta, but can't remember his name. It's been a while xD

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Forever King (Kung Lao). Shame on me! -_-'

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Dunno if you mean different 8 man bracket per tourney or all same 8 for all games but I'll take it as the latter

Reo
Foxy grandpa
Sonic fox
Perfect legend
Tom brady
M2dave
Djt
16 bit (if she'd be able to cause working for nrs I dunno though)

Since I started competitive mk in mk9 obviously my choice of people more to that era of players as that's who learned from and enjoyed watching over the years

portent

Noob
I'm really confused by some of the reactions in this thread for MK9.

8 Man tourney?

Reo - Most decorated MK9 player
Crazy Dominican - Best Kitana
Maxter - Best Cyrax
Perfect Legend - 2x MK9 EVO Champion and arguably the best Kung Lao player
CD Jr. - Arguably the best Jax, Rain and Smoke
Tyrant - Arguably the best Jax
Pig Of The Hut - THE best Kenshi
ForeverKing - arguably the best Kung Lao player

Honorable Mentions
Insuperable - quite possibly the most talented MK9 player who didn't take the game seriously.
@Tom Brady - THE best Sub Zero player, period, but only left off the list bc his character loyalty holds him back. Nobody did as well with SZ against the above players than Tom though.

portent

Noob
@Tom Brady What I think would be even more fun to discuss would be a tournament of just one player per character and come up with the best players for each character to enter this hypothetical exhibition.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The NRS cup was supposed to be across all 5 games — and there are probably 5-6 players total who are good enough at all 5 games to compete.

Outside of King and Sonic it’s a short list of guys who would be highly competitive across that whole range, and I think we all know who they are.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I would adore seeing some classic WoundCowboy Shang back in action. Also, if Semij, Grr, or Rewind could pick up MK9 I’d love to see what they could do.
So, I haven't seen it in awhile, but Rewind used to stream offline sets of MK9 with DJT and MIT. He did very well

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Injustice: Sonicfox, Honeybee, Jupiter, Theo, Pig, Forever King, KDZ, MIT

This is hard as fuck, because there's so many amazing players. Revolver, Ducky, Whiteboi, 16 BIT, GGA MAX, Saltface, PPJ, Bio, DR Gross, Digit, there are just so many people who were incredible at the game.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
This is my top 8 for BOTH games. If I had to choose 8 for each game, well that’s a lot easier in my opinion. Sonic, REO, PL, Tom, Pig, DJT, 16 Bit, Wound or M2Dave.

Who am I missing? Jupiter? CD Jr? Slips? Who was the crazy Smoke I’m blanking on? Scar might be cool. Feel like I’m forgetting some heavy hitters.