What's new

Question Just a simple question: how do Batman defeats Superman? Tyvm.

jonfled

Swag?
No troll, just pick Superman if you want to beat Superman (it's what I did lol).

I know it's a personal problem but I feel like even with proper bat management this matchup is pretty tough.

Have to be super patient when fighting supes, make sure you always have 1 bat in stock for pressure, try to bait F23 and punish, make him make mistakes. Don't let him sit fullscreen and spam the lasers all day because he can easily win by just doing that.

Whenever you have the opportunity, you have to RTSD, but ALWAYS be weary of F23.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Batman can beat supes. You have to rush him down and keep him pressured literally the whole game. Block and punish his close attacks with b113, which is one of many of bats safe on block combos. Air grapple to get his dumb ass down if he starts spamming air lasers. Dash and block standing to get in, reason being is it will also block his air laser meter burn. GL
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

...Dash and block standing to get in, reason being is it will also block his air laser meter burn...
I agree with everything you said, BUT this part... You should not block Supes` lasers standing!
You should duck under Heat Zap, because it is +20 on block (that means you cannot do anything after blocking one, or you are eating the next) and also deals a good deal of chip AND gives Superman meter.
If Supes does Heat Vision, you should react and block standing, for if he MBs it; If he does not, he is at -11 so you can dash in for free.
Be patient!!!

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Lots of bats brah.You can actually out zone Superman if you get the timing of up batarangs, bats, and b23 down. Always have a bat active and use it properly. Batman is one of the best characters to fight Superman with other than just picking Superman.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Just manage your Bats. If he's zoning, kounter zone with Bats. If he rushes down, stop it with Bats and punish him for full kombo while you're safe. Just be patient at let the Bats do most of the work for you. Because of Bats, time is on your side.

Probably the best character to deal with Supes..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Lots of bats brah.You can actually out zone Superman if you get the timing of up batarangs, bats, and b23 down. Always have a bat active and use it properly. Batman is one of the best characters to fight Superman with other than just picking Superman.

Haha.. You beat me to it by like a minute.

Oh, another thing... If you read a f23 to start the match, jump back without pressing any button. When you land, you can whiff punish him in his recovery frames with B23 (or B2 xx MB Straight grapple, if you want a bigger combo)
If he does nothing, he can punish that jump back on reaction with Flying Punch, so you have to confirm that jump back into Scatter Bombs to punish that option.
I hope that helps!

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I agree, youre right about that. I should have specified only nlock standing for air lasers, since both startups are almost identical.