What's new

[Jun 1, 2013] Top Of The Food Chain #2 (Chesapeake, VA)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
$10 Venue Fee ($5 for those bringing systems)
$10 Per Game

Pot Splits
10+ = 70/20/10
6-9 = 70/30

List of Games:
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012 (PS3)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
King of Fighters 13 (PS3)
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3)
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3)
Persona 4 Arena (PS3)

***Games not receiving at least 6 entrants will not be run. 6 people will be run in a Round Robin format. 7+ will be run in a bracket.***

Format:
2/3 Rounds (3/5 Rounds TTT2)
2/3 Games (3/5 Games Marvel)
3/5 Games All Finals (Winners, Losers, Grand)

--------------------

Tentative Schedule of events:

Noon - Doors Open
1:30 PM - Registration for TTT2, P4A, and SF x T ends
2:00 PM - TTT2, P4A, SF x T
3:30 PM - Registration for AE2012 and MK9 ends
4:00 PM - AE2012, MK9
5:30 PM - Registration for Injustice: GAU and KOF13 ends
6:00 PM - Injustice: GAU, KOF13
7:30 PM - Registration for UMvC3 ends
8:00 PM - UMvC3

Tentative Stream Schedule

Stream 1: www.twitch.tv/totfc1
2 PM - P4A
3 PM - SF x T
4 PM - AE2012
6 PM - Injustice: GAU
8/8:30 PM - UMvC3

Stream 2: www.twitch.tv/totfc2
2 PM - TTT2
4 PM - MK9
6 PM - KOF13
8 PM - SALT TIME!!!

Registration for games will end 30 minutes prior to the start of those games. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are running late you need to call in (this doesn't mean run late on purpose). If you haven't called in by the time registration ends, we will NOT be adding anyone in. YOU are responsible for making sure you are registered IN TIME.

---------------------

Game Specific Rules:

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Interactions/Transitions - ON!!!
Stage Select - 1P will select the first stage that pops up. After the first game, if the players decide to, they may perform a 50/50 for stage select

---------------------

There is food at the venue and also a killer pizza place next door as well as a super southerns style dinner.

---------------------

Matt Gummo will be in attendance modding sticks.
http://www.gummods.com/

ReZo

MKX
Wondering if a PS3 controller for Injustice will be provided.

As I have yet to find a dual modded controller, and I for some reason don't like sticks on Injustice, dashing with grundy is faster on D-Pad.

I'll most likely be attending this :p

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Wondering if a PS3 controller for Injustice will be provided.

As I have yet to find a dual modded controller, and I for some reason don't like sticks on Injustice, dashing with grundy is faster on D-Pad.

I'll most likely be attending this :p
Buy this
http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00452D50G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368978067&sr=8-6&keywords=xbox to ps3 controller adapter

I use it and it works great for my 360 pad on ps3. Also contact @guamo he can dual mod it but he told me the joysticks may not work.

ReZo

MKX
Buy this
http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00452D50G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368978067&sr=8-6&keywords=xbox to ps3 controller adapter

I use it and it works great for my 360 pad on ps3. Also contact @guamo he can dual mod it but he told me the joysticks may not work.
Thanks for the link, I saw the old post from 2010 and wasn't sure about it being outdated and such, but the link was to something similar to this.

What is the lag like, have you done a deliberate test to see if the lag is existent? I tried using the PS3 Controller at my friends house today, and its just not possible for me, kept dropping easy combo's that I get off 100% of the time on xbox, the D-Pad is nice, but the buttons are not "tall" enough for my liking and don't get me started on the triggers lol.

How long have you had it, I see some people who say they took it to a tourney and it broke on them mid-match, on a similar product as this one.

Thanks again :D

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Thanks for the link, I saw the old post from 2010 and wasn't sure about it being outdated and such, but the link was to something similar to this.

What is the lag like, have you done a deliberate test to see if the lag is existent? I tried using the PS3 Controller at my friends house today, and its just not possible for me, kept dropping easy combo's that I get off 100% of the time on xbox, the D-Pad is nice, but the buttons are not "tall" enough for my liking and don't get me started on the triggers lol.

How long have you had it, I see some people who say they took it to a tourney and it broke on them mid-match, on a similar product as this one.

Thanks again :D
I've had this adapter for mmm a little over a month now? I use it often because I also have a ps3. So far there is ZERO lag and I LOVE it! If it's true that is breaks later on I have no problem buying a second one as a back up because how well it works and it's cheap.

http://www.acceport.com/images/XBox 360 to PS3 Controller Adapter .jpg

^ I use to have that one and I thought it was good and just blamed the ps3 for the *****1 frame delay***** but it had some horrible lag!!!

contact gummo about dual modding a pad and like I said he said that the joysticks might not work.

ReZo

MKX
I've had this adapter for mmm a little over a month now? I use it often because I also have a ps3. So far there is ZERO lag and I LOVE it! If it's true that is breaks later on I have no problem buying a second one as a back up because how well it works and it's cheap.

http://www.acceport.com/images/XBox 360 to PS3 Controller Adapter .jpg

^ I use to have that one and I thought it was good and just blamed the ps3 for the *****1 frame delay***** but it had some horrible lag!!!

contact gummo about dual modding a pad and like I said he said that the joysticks might not work.
Ah sweet, I was thinking about getting the PS3 MLG controller because its just like xbox and it has a lot of customization with it, but the price of it is :eek:, thanks for the links :p

Regarding the difference between 360 and PS3, do you feel like there is a constant 1 frame delay on PS3? Even using standard controllers, it felt like it was just... slower to me. Though could have just been cuz I wasn't used to the PS3 controller, idk.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Ah sweet, I was thinking about getting the PS3 MLG controller because its just like xbox and it has a lot of customization with it, but the price of it is :eek:, thanks for the links :p

Regarding the difference between 360 and PS3, do you feel like there is a constant 1 frame delay on PS3? Even using standard controllers, it felt like it was just... slower to me. Though could have just been cuz I wasn't used to the PS3 controller, idk.
I use an evil-d pad on my controller. Honestly I was so convinced with my old adapter, but now it feels like it doesn't even exist. I really recommend that adapter and HOPE it isn't hit or miss. I know rev0lver uses it and he had positive things to say about it, but the reviews were pretty bad but they were all for playstation controllers and the good ones I read were for 360 to ps3.

You're more than welcome to try out my adapter at the tournament if you like, but I'm going to be getting to the tournament close to start time for injsutice.

ReZo

MKX
I use an evil-d pad on my controller. Honestly I was so convinced with my old adapter, but now it feels like it doesn't even exist. I really recommend that adapter and HOPE it isn't hit or miss. I know rev0lver uses it and he had positive things to say about it, but the reviews were pretty bad but they were all for playstation controllers and the good ones I read were for 360 to ps3.

You're more than welcome to try out my adapter at the tournament if you like, but I'm going to be getting to the tournament close to start time for injsutice.
Yeah I will be to lol, got a good 2 hour drive so should be fun. Hope we get a big crowd :p

BTW is this going to be streamed at all? Would love to look at my matches and learn from my mistakes